NFL What have we learned Week 1

Daps

Honestly, what defensive line would stop this offensive line when this team wants to get MEAN on a game winning drive and start shoving a team back while slamming David Montgomery into them? The lightest player on that Lions offensive line is 310 lbs., has maybe the league's best center and is anchored by a generational offensive tackle.

Goff and the WR core are good enough to keep a defense honest and to make a quick strike, but that running game is going to be crazy. Arguably that's so much safer and effective than relying on forcing passes. It may even be predictable, but it doesn't matter if the other team physically can't do anything about it because they're getting little bro'd.

Same shyt that Harbaugh is most likely trying to build in LA.

I think down passing numbers are a reflection of this new wave in the NFL, not necessarily bad QB play. Goff can absolutely put up 300+ yards, but doesn't have to nor need to.

The fact that the Lions and Niners don't play each other until week 17 is an absolute crime.:sadcam:

If things pan out, I doubt either team will show their hand right before the playoffs.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
I feel you but it wont matter...

You trade multiple firsts (one being Caleb Williams), a second, DJ Moore all to move up to take a QB. And the QB you originally planned to take, Stroud, turns out to be elite while the one you took ends up having you picking first every year again. Thats a huge fukk up

This was the worst possible outcome for the Panthers. Literally everything went wrong
Stroud fell into a great spot. If he was on the Panthers he'd suck too. I agree on the trade overall. It's a complete disaster so far

Payday23

Superstar
Daps

Honestly, what defensive line would stop this offensive line when this team wants to get MEAN on a game winning drive and start shoving a team back while slamming David Montgomery into them? The lightest player on that Lions offensive line is 310 lbs., has maybe the league's best center and is anchored by a generational offensive tackle.

Goff and the WR core are good enough to keep a defense honest and to make a quick strike, but that running game is going to be crazy. Arguably that's so much safer and effective than relying on forcing passes. It may even be predictable, but it doesn't matter if the other team physically can't do anything about it because they're getting little bro'd.

Same shyt that Harbaugh is most likely trying to build in LA.

I think down passing numbers are a reflection of this new wave in the NFL, not necessarily bad QB play. Goff can absolutely put up 300+ yards, but doesn't have to nor need to.

We'll see this weekend when my bucs come to town

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Gotta give Purdy some.props. People criticize him or hold it against him that he's throwing to open receivers. But we saw this past weekend how many open receivers QBs failed to see or held the ball too long because of tunnel vision or just didn't process the defense fast enough. Purdy isn't an elite athlete or doesn't have Herbert's arm, but he sees the defense and is able to figure out where the open receiver is and his arm is strong enough to make throws. I don't think he's a top 5 guy, but he does a lot of things well to be a top 10 guy.
Thank you, you get it

The most important factor in being a good QB is being able to process what you are seeing from the defense and finding the open guy every. Single. Time.

A Purdy does that better than almost everyone in the league.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Stroud fell into a great spot. If he was on the Panthers he'd suck too. I agree on the trade overall. It's a complete disaster so far
Man fukk this shyt.

No one was calling Houston a great spot before Stroud came in starting throwing accurate dimes play in and play out after week 1

Most people never heard of tank Dell and nico collins.

If Stroud was on the panthers we'd be saying "the panthers were 7-10 in 2022, they were almost had a winning record".

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stroud and Ryans have made folks forget how bad the Texans were just 2 seasons ago. People were up in arms because they actually tried in the final week of the season and lost the number 1 pick. Nobody had them being shyt last year and CJ wasnt very highly regarded himself. Its a team game and a dependent one at that but there is no denying CJ breh.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Daniel Jones is GAHBAGE

The Jets disappointed as usual :scust:

Deshaun Watson is cooked

Robert Saleh will be back with the Niners in an "advisory role" in 2025

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I dunno if he fell into a great spot actually....

They got Stroud and he made them significantly better with his talent immediately. Then the FO built around that.

The Texans won 3 games before they got Stroud. Nico Collins was doing absolutely nothing, and their best weapon was Brandin Cooks. That team was ass, preseason predictions had the Texans as still one of the 3 worst teams in the league. I honestly think he would have done something similar in Carolina.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You dont have to be the absolute best to be one of the greatest of all time. LT or Reggie were always better players than Bruce Smith. He is still one of the greatest of all time. Rice was the best, doesnt stop Cris Carter and Tim Brown from being ATG's, etc.
watt, garrett and Crosby are all better than parsons.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I dunno if he fell into a great spot actually....

They got Stroud and he made them significantly better with his talent immediately. Then the FO built around that.

The Texans won 3 games before they got Stroud. Nico Collins was doing absolutely nothing, and their best weapon was Brandin Cooks. That team was ass, preseason predictions had the Texans as still one of the 3 worst teams in the league. I honestly think he would have done something similar in Carolina.
Stroud is dope no question, but he has a competent OC who came from San Fran and that system makes things easier for the qb.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Stroud is dope no question, but he has a competent OC who came from San Fran and that system makes things easier for the qb.
Even if you want to attribute his success to the system stuff, Stroud has improv skills Young lacks. And most importantly no system can teach accuracy, otherwise Trey Lance would be an all pro under Shanny already.

Stroud is accurate Bryce isn't.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Man fukk this shyt.

No one was calling Houston a great spot before Stroud came in starting throwing accurate dimes play in and play out after week 1

Most people never heard of tank Dell and nico collins.

If Stroud was on the panthers we'd be saying "the panthers were 7-10 in 2022, they were almost had a winning record".
Yeah people really do try to spread lies on here. The Texans were a playoff team last year and no one would have said that before the season started. I don't remember what week it is was but he dropped a dime to Collins and I said to myself, the Texans got the better QB out of that deal. I agree that Young is in a bad situation but I don't think Young would look as good on the Texans or that Stroud would look as bad on the Panthers :yeshrug:

Last edited: