NFL What have we learned Week 1

calh45

Cal
Daps
Fukk an MVP. Drew Brees doesnt even have one. Brett Favre has more than Joe Montana. Lamar cannot elevate WR's. No WR wants to go there. DHop couldve signed there, he didnt bother. Im sure Odell regretted it, too.

What?? It's fine to say Josh Allen is better in your opinion, but pretending like Josh elevated Diggs or Davis who don't need actual elevation vs Hollywood Brown and Rashad Bates who are smaller one note WRs in a Greg Roman high school level offense is a little wild.

Greg Roman is in the Chargers staff right now making Herbert look like Daniel Jones. Lamar is top 3 at worst and I don't get why you're so fired up if someone says he's #2 because that's a fair ass argument. Just like in the other way for Josh Allen. Those two MVPs weren't accidents. The media is constantly shytting or Lamar and so are the other GMs. He ended up in the AFC title game and lost to Pat in the first year they gave him an NFL level offensive coordinator. How is that some huge dent in his reputation? If Barkley lost to Jordan every time they play it doesn't mean Barkley ain't great too. He just lost to Jordan.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Allen helped Diggs just as much as Diggs helped Allen

Sure. It was symbiotic, but Diggs was already on the way to being that guy. He wasn't some scrappy nobody that got turned into somebody. We all knew from Minnesota that he was going to be something. They just got tired of him because he was a little nuts and y'all benefited.

premier58

All Star
Daps
What?? It's fine to say Josh Allen is better in your opinion, but pretending like Josh elevated Diggs or Davis who don't need actual elevation vs Hollywood Brown and Rashad Bates who are smaller one note WRs in a Greg Roman high school level offense is a little wild.

Greg Roman is in the Chargers staff right now making Herbert look like Daniel Jones. Lamar is top 3 at worst and I don't get why you're so fired up if someone says he's #2 because that's a fair ass argument. Just like in the other way for Josh Allen. Those two MVPs weren't accidents. The media is constantly shytting or Lamar and so are the other GMs. He ended up in the AFC title game and lost to Pat in the first year they gave him an NFL level offensive coordinator. How is that some huge dent in his reputation? If Barkley lost to Jordan every time they play it doesn't mean Barkley ain't great too. He just lost to Jordan.
Davis? Gabe Davis? Whats so good about him? He is a run of the mill, avg WR. Diggs was a very good WR, but Josh Allen brought out his best. Diggs helped him of course, but JA shouldnt be penalized because he got his No.1 weapon later when guys like Warner, Manning, Culpepper, Palmer, Mahomes etc..walked into a situation with an elite weapon and in some cases, two of them.

Its not just about Hollywood or Shod Bateman, its the fact that WR's around the league are not clamoring to go to Baltimore. Im saying with his skillset, even if he had a Diggs or a Chase, he would not bring out their best. We are talking about a guy who has never even thrown for 3500 yards in the easiest era for the passing game in history. Why do you say Im fired up? So youre saying Greg Roman is making Justin Herbert look like Daniel Jones, after a single game? You just said Lamar's 2 MVP's were not by accident? Well wasnt Roman the OC for the first one? Lets not throw Greg under the bus.

He was good enough to coordinate Kaep to success and a SB berth and was OC for Lamar's.breakout, unanimous MVP campaign. Which was actually superior to the second one. I said Lamar is top 3 or 4 in my opinion. Is that some outlandish statement? In my opinion, MVPs are an overrated award. Im not taking Lamar over prime McNabb or prime Big Ben or prime Jim Kelly, and none of them have an MVP.

premier58

All Star
Daps

Of course, Lamar is a great player, but he is not the passer he needs to be. Im not gonna give him a pass because there is always room for someone else to win. When the Niners were running the league, they still got.handled by other teams. Same thing with the 70's Steelers..other teams were still able to get theirs.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Davis? Gabe Davis? Whats so good about him? He is a run of the mill, avg WR. Diggs was a very good WR, but Josh Allen brought out his best. Diggs helped him of course, but JA shouldnt be penalized because he got his No.1 weapon later when guys like Warner, Manning, Culpepper, Palmer, Mahomes etc..walked into a situation with an elite weapon and in some cases, two of them.

Its not just about Hollywood or Shod Bateman, its the fact that WR's around the league are not clamoring to go to Baltimore. Im saying with his skillset, even if he had a Diggs or a Chase, he would not bring out their best. We are talking about a guy who has never even thrown for 3500 yards in the easiest era for the passing game in history. Why do you say Im fired up? So youre saying Greg Roman is making Justin Herbert look like Daniel Jones, after a single game? You just said Lamar's 2 MVP's were not by accident? Well wasnt Roman the OC for the first one? Lets not throw Greg under the bus.

He was good enough to coordinate Kaep to success and a SB berth and was OC for Lamar's.breakout, unanimous MVP campaign. Which was actually superior to the second one. I said Lamar is top 3 or 4 in my opinion. Is that some outlandish statement? In my opinion, MVPs are an overrated award. Im not taking Lamar over prime McNabb or prime Big Ben or prime Jim Kelly, and none of them have an MVP.

First, we're not debating the benefits or capabilities of Greg Roman, he is bad at what he does, and goes far based on the ability of the QB to levitate on the field. He is bad at his job, and if think he isn't, you're wrong. Ask Buffalo Bill fans. Ask 49er fans. Ask Ravens fans. Those "accomplishments" were because Kaepernick and Lamar being otherwordly not because the offense was good. Both of them were historical levels by way of running because no one was open most of the damn time and in the 49ers case they kept drafting small one note WRs. The Harbaughs keep that man employed against ALL sense of logic and he's about to ruin Herbert too......and him being in Baltimore is precisely why none of the WRs wanted to go UNTIL this off season. Tee Higgins definitely said it loud and clear that he wanted to play specifically with Lamar and he's a Bengal so he knows up close.

Gabe Davis wasn't run of the mill. He was one of the best deep threats in the league. Off the top of my head he's over 17 yards per catch and I know that's close to top 3 in the league since he's been in it. That ability existed from the point he came in the league and even before the league that's what he did. He didn't unlock something new because of Josh being QB.

You taking Prime McNabb (with Andy Reid and Prime TO), Prime Kelly (with several HOF level players on offense and Marchibroda as OC), Prime Ben (with Hines and Santonio and non-CTE AB and non-CTE Bell) ain't just them as you can see with the parentheses. We're not in Prime Lamar and he hasn't had any player on the level of the ones they had AND I'd still take him over them because he is more dynamic and doesn't require the support they do. That's just a difference of opinion.

You saying him being top 3 or 4, that makes sense, but saying Josh Allen is miles ahead is outlandish. There's levels. Pat is on his own level by himself. The next level is Lamar and Josh. They're the only ones who can put pressure on Pat, even if their team is bullshyt, and every other QB needs everyone on their team having their best damn day including coaches for them to win. That's how I see the levels of QB in the league. For anyone reading, Stroud is in the 3rd level.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Davis? Gabe Davis? Whats so good about him? He is a run of the mill, avg WR.
Davis either looked like an all-pro or a practice squad player on any given week. There was almost no in-between. Never hit 50 catches as the #2 for Buffalo. Cole Beasley is still the 2nd best WR Allen has had

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yea it would be historically bad. Right up there with Minnesota and Buffalo. The early 80s Chargers and also a mention to the 2006-2008 Cowboys
The early 80’s chargers did not have this defense, neither did those cowboys teams.

It’s between them and the bills and TBH I would probably take this roster overall