NFL Week 6: What Have We Learned?!!

Have you learned anything today???

• Total voters

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At some point a discussion will have to be had about all these qbs making 50 mill plus a year and not getting a majority of the blame for the piss poor play they exhibit. yeah yeah yeah coaches suck, defense sells etc. But you making like a fourth of the cap, you posed to elevate the team. Like how can you look at Dak playing like complete shyt and not think there needs to be some type of revision on how they paying these qbs. The cat is out of the bag so its not going to change but its just wild dudes like tlaw, Dak, Hurts etc taking up a ton of cap to be completely mid to bad.
Preach preachah :blessed:

How many years is the jury gonna be out? At this point they don’t even talk about bruh because there’s nothing good to say. His team doesn’t do him any favors, but goddamn. He’s paid too much to not even be a factor atp. He’s not trash, but again, stop paying these QBs top dollar just because they’re the next one up. If teams took the risk and let these nikkas flop on the next team with these contracts, the league as a whole would correct itself on these contracts

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the Chiefs admittedly are unbeatable
I don’t even talk this brazy
1OmEKUv.png

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
At some point a discussion will have to be had about all these qbs making 50 mill plus a year and not getting a majority of the blame for the piss poor play they exhibit. yeah yeah yeah coaches suck, defense sells etc. But you making like a fourth of the cap, you posed to elevate the team. Like how can you look at Dak playing like complete shyt and not think there needs to be some type of revision on how they paying these qbs. The cat is out of the bag so its not going to change but its just wild dudes like tlaw, Dak, Hurts etc taking up a ton of cap to be completely mid to bad.
I've been saying it forever. My logic behind it is that if the QB hasn't made you a true contender by the end of that rookie contract, how the hell do you expect to become one with 30-45 million less per year to spend to put pieces around that QB. A lot of teams and GMs are making moves to avoid bottoming out while the moves they make will prevent them from ever contending. If I was an owner I'd rather have a GM that's going to swing for the fences and would trade a mid-QB rather than making the safe move.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been saying it forever. My logic behind it is that if the QB hasn't made you a true contender by the end of that rookie contract, how the hell do you expect to become one with 30-45 million less per year to spend to put pieces around that QB. A lot of teams and GMs are making moves to avoid bottoming out while the moves they make will prevent them from ever contending. If I was an owner I'd rather have a GM that's going to swing for the fences and would trade a mid-QB rather than making the safe move.
Frame this and put it in the Louvre my nikka

You can’t take up this much of the cap and make no difference in the direction of your team.

Jags don’t give Lawrence generational money, and they’d be looking at what rn, a 1-5 record with no prospects? Big risk as opposed to what they’re looking at now :skip: and what they were looking at before Lawrence

Mfs need to stop operating out of fear of the unknown/failure and go for it
Elite QBs are always gonna be scarce, but I definitely attribute the largest percentage to that fear of the unknown or just doing what other teams don’t do. They’d rather fail doing what anybody else would do than fail trying something different, because the owner is scared of not selling out tix, which carries through to the GM being scared of losing their job. The league proves that time and time again.

Kurt Cousins robbed Minnesota for how many yrs, for them to finally let him walk after he was old and injured, and look what a cheap “bust” in Darnold is getting them with a balanced roster. That’s a solid middle ground that should prove you don’t have to have a top guy if you build a solid roster, uninhibited by an unnecessary contract

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I gave Dak Prescott a very long leash.
A lot of people wrote him off years ago.

I'm finally done with that guy. A decade in football and he doesn't have a single "statement" victory.

I'm not a Cowboys fan. I just thought he wasn't that bad. But he really lets you down every time you think he's going to prove he belongs in that top tier of quarterbacks.

If ever there was such a thing as Fool's Gold in the NFL ...

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
my god, Lions fans have become unbearable.

Win the division first time in over 30 years and these nikkas think they the best in the world :dead:

muthafukkas aint used to winning they dont know how to act :skip:
:gucci:

I ain't a lions fan. My team isn't even in the NFC. This is an objective commentary.

The Lions have the most ways to beat a team offensively and it's centered around the best oline in the league and great coaching.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
:gucci:

I ain't a lions fan. My team isn't even in the NFC. This is an objective commentary.

The Lions have the most ways to beat a team offensively and it's centered around the best oline in the league and great coaching.

You talking about being objective but then say Lions are the only team equipped to beat the Chiefs:mjlol:

Chiefs have holes and Lions arent the only team that can beat them

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Lions better go all in on getting Crosby or something this year with Hutch out. Ppl think the lions doing all the trick plays and shyt on dallas was just rubbing it in, I think that part of it was was ben johnson adding to his resume for the off season. He was already about to leave last off season but him and the teams butted on the HC salary.

Not sure how this lions offense will look next you w/o ben if he gets a HC job somewhere.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I've been saying it forever. My logic behind it is that if the QB hasn't made you a true contender by the end of that rookie contract
Name the rookie contract QBs who did this. At best you'll name guys who came to teams that were ready because that's the only 2 since the rookie scale was implemented.