NFL Week 6: What Have We Learned?!!

Have you learned anything today???

• Total voters

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Name the rookie contract QBs who did this. At best you'll name guys who came to teams that were ready because that's the only 2 since the rookie scale was implemented.
Mahomes (good team but not contenders when he got there), Burrow, Allen, Lamar, Russ, and Hurts all had their teams as top teams before signing the big second contract. And Purdy can be added to that.

And even if teams were good before most of those teams realized that their QB put a ceiling on the team and made the change which just backs up my point. Don't double down on an okay to good QB because it limits the ability to put pieces around you and puts a ceiling on the teams potential versus going for a younger QB and using that extra money to build depth.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've been saying it forever. My logic behind it is that if the QB hasn't made you a true contender by the end of that rookie contract, how the hell do you expect to become one with 30-45 million less per year to spend to put pieces around that QB. A lot of teams and GMs are making moves to avoid bottoming out while the moves they make will prevent them from ever contending. If I was an owner I'd rather have a GM that's going to swing for the fences and would trade a mid-QB rather than making the safe move.
Beli was on McAfee's show not too long ago and he was like when you have to pay guys who are on cheap value deals your team isn't getting better because they're the same player, now just taking up way more of your salary cap.

shyt was so simple but made perfect sense

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Cap…..

any team can beat the Chiefs as long as the NFL allows it and calls it down the middle.

when the refs get involved, which they sadly constantly do, the Chiefs admittedly are unbeatable
A healthy Texans team could probably pull it off if we have home field and the refs aren’t biased like you said. We are still missing 3 starters but are a top 5 D (total yards & passing yards).

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Mahomes (good team but not contenders when he got there), Burrow, Allen, Lamar, Russ, and Hurts all had their teams as top teams before signing the big second contract. And Purdy can be added to that.

And even if teams were good before most of those teams realized that their QB put a ceiling on the team and made the change which just backs up my point. Don't double down on an okay to good QB because it limits the ability to put pieces around you and puts a ceiling on the teams potential versus going for a younger QB and using that extra money to build depth.
Mahomes and Hurts were drafted to playoff teams, Russ wasn't but ended up coming to a historic defense on the other side of the ball. Let's also not forget what round he was drafted in. There was no expectation near this level placed on him, he overachieved based on what he was "supposed to be" coming in.

The second paragraph ignores this and is asking a QB (namely, Lawrence as cats keep complaining about) to lift trash to true contention overnight, just on their own merit. Nobody on this list was asked to do that other than Burrow.

Not to mention we're talking about the Jacksonville Jaguars here.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Unless they get Adams the Jets are a 6 win team, even with Adams they nothing great

Clemson boys is sorry
- Etienne
- Lawerence
- Mike Williams
- Deshaun Watson

All sorry