NBA crisis over declining TV ratings and why China is so important: "stagnant since 1998"

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Is Jones a premier QB? We gonna act like it would be the same if you had the Chiefs or Packers on the other side? The biggest rivalry of this century was Brady v. Manning.
I'm going to act like I said what I said. It's a luxury for the NFL to come in making it a QB vs QB thing. Not a necessity like the NBA makes it a player vs player thing. The story behind tonight's game was the history between both............."teams."

NYC Rebel

Daps
Stop with the Seattle shyt. OKC has supported the Thunder more than Seattle supported the Sonics. And OKC has been one of the most popular teams in the league since the move due to the players they’ve had.

Seattle isn’t a huge market either and the Pacific Northwest already has the Blazers. Sonics wouldn’t move the needle like that.

Nothing wrong with the NBA’s marketing. The NFL does the same shyt with the dikk riding of certain squads and individual players. Stars dominate.
It's not about Seattle moving the needle. It's about Seattle being a steady needle rather than one that moves from side to side depending on star power.

NYC Rebel

Daps
We told y’all when Lebron started forming super teams what the repercussions were. :mjlol:.

now it’s MJs fault Lebron couldn’t fill his shoes and carry the league fukk outta here

We told y’all when the league went away from ISO basketball to guys standing around jacking 3s and basically playing pick and roll all game what would happen :mjlol:

As a fan I’m not interested in that. I can watch college ball for that.

Wow. You leapfrogged from MJ to Lebron as if ANYONE put blame or responsibility on MJ.

Just outright dumb. No one made MJ responsible for how the NBA was marketed, so why run with that then to bash Lebron, who has done more to help with viewership with the league than any other lone player since MJ?

Just dumb man

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to act like I said what I said. It's a luxury for the NFL to come in making it a QB vs QB thing. Not a necessity like the NBA makes it a player vs player thing. The story behind tonight's game was the history between both............."teams."

It doesn't harm the NFL does it? So it stands to reason it's not harming the NBA either. That was my point. Teams have to have history in order to sell that (the markets don't hurt either). NBA tries that when it applies too.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It's not about Seattle moving the needle. It's about Seattle being a steady needle rather than one that moves from side to side depending on star power.
The last few years the Sonics in Seattle were't supported well at all. They would't have moved and if they did move the city would've gotten a team back in a year or two if it was a great NBA town. Its a top market but they weren't fukkin' with the Sonics like that back then

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
I love the Nba but Nba media and twitter would have you believe the Nba is as popular as the Nfl

On a national level it barely gets more ratings then baseball

it’s talked about so much by the media because espn/Disney overpaid for its rights

Disney also overpaid for the Monday Night Football, and MLB..

Never understood why fans get caught up in ratings.... watch whatever the fukk u want.. these dudes is still gonna be multi-millionaires

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is completely false. NFL marketing will push a rivalry before a QB vs. QB thing. Few QB's have that carrying them.

The QB vs QB thing is luxury marketing for the NFL, not a must marketing like it is for the NBA.

Not a solitary "Brady vs. Danny Dimes" push I've seen for tonight's game. not a solitary one.
They trying to too

I saw an ESPN story headline today about Brady breaking Jones heart as a kid because the Pats beat the Panthers

I'm like GTFOH with this desperate push to hype the game :russ:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
the reality of the situation is the games just matter more. two 5-5 NFL teams may not be sexy on paper, but they are both still in the hunt and 1 win is usually the difference between a WC and staying home

whose watching a 20-30 Hornets vs. a 30-20 Lakers game? it doesnt matter, chances are it has no bearing on seeding or much else. many fans dont care until the stretch

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Stop with the Seattle shyt. OKC has supported the Thunder more than Seattle supported the Sonics. And OKC has been one of the most popular teams in the league since the move due to the players they’ve had.

Seattle isn’t a huge market either and the Pacific Northwest already has the Blazers. Sonics wouldn’t move the needle like that.

Nothing wrong with the NBA’s marketing. The NFL does the same shyt with the dikk riding of certain squads and individual players. Stars dominate.
Fukk OKC

They have been blessed with superstar players since they stole their team.

They gonna slowly turn into the shyt franchise they are supposed to be soon enough. And then we'll how much those hicks support them.

NYC Rebel

Daps
It doesn't harm the NFL does it? So it stands to reason it's not harming the NBA either. That was my point. Teams have to have history in order to sell that (the markets don't hurt either). NBA tries that when it applies too.
Of course they do it. But it's a luxury.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The NFL aint struggling for ratings because they put as many games as possible on free over the air tv. The NBA needs to start showing primetime games on one of the networks. It's that simple. An NFL fan doesn't need Cable or any paid network to get full coverage of the league. NBA fans you're going to either have to PURCHASE cable or PURCHASE a league pass subscription or go the reddit stream route.