NBA Finals ratings : Game 1 between the Celtics and the Mavericks was viewed by only 10.99 million people

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
No real stars on Boston that people actually want to tune in for. Luka's a great player, but also isn't some must see superstar. He isn't flashy and is not really a draw. The NBA in general is nowhere as big as it used to be
The biggest superstars are on the back nine of their careers and they might be the last of their kind.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I missed game 3 of the finals going to a concert and I'm not even tripping.

This series was boring. The biggest reason was ESPN coverage. It is awful. Nothing about it got me excited to watch the games

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
I missed game 3 of the finals going to a concert and I'm not even tripping.

This series was boring. The biggest reason was ESPN coverage. It is awful. Nothing about it got me excited to watch the games
You're not a hardcore fan?

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps

DAMN

HEAT/NUGGETS DID BETTER

I THOUGHT BOSTON AND DALLAS
WERE LARGE MARKETS.

I GUESS THEY ONLY
CAC ABOUT THE CAC SPORTS.
:devil:
:evil:

National ratings for this finals were disappointing considering the two teams. I guess Celtics/ mavs aren’t as popular as we thought on a national level . These two franchises aren’t national brands with massive fanbases but they have strong local/regional support.

Where’s the local ratings in the Boston/new England market and in the Dallas market? I expect huge local ratings from these two cities/markets.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Something to keep in mind if you're betting. 98% of Finals winners are top 3 seeds.

Only twice in NBA history has a 4th-10th seed ever won the NBA Championship:
1. Bill Russell's Celtics were the 4th seed (but really were a dynasty, so they were realistically a 1st seed)
2. Olajuwon's Rockets (6th seed)

1st three seeds West:
Thunder
Timberwolves
Nuggets

1st three seeds East:
Celtics
Bucks
Knicks

I'm not saying it can't happen, but the odds are highly stacked against your favor if you're thinking Mavericks, Suns, Magic, Pacers, etc. are going to win it all.

I can realistically see Denver winning again.

Said that back in the NBA thread when the Play-offs began. Looks like we're still at 98%. I said Denver but to me it was either going to be them or Boston.

Even in the three point era, the math doesn't change. It's simply really difficult to beat the best teams going first to four in the entire play-offs every round.

Meanwhile the NFL 4th-6th seeds have won the Super Bowl nearly 1/3 of the time going back to 2000.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
It's not a white thing

Nba is just dependent on marketable/famous stars

THERES NO REASON
A FAIRWEATHER FANBASE LIKE MIA
AND SMALL MARKET LIKE DENVER
SHOULD HAVE DONE BETTER THAN BOS/DAL

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps

THERES NO REASON
A FAIRWEATHER FANBASE LIKE MIA
AND SMALL MARKET LIKE DENVER
SHOULD HAVE DONE BETTER THAN BOS/DAL

People HATE the Celtics, and feel Tatum is BORING. And Luka ain't really loved like that nor has he won any major award or played in a finals.

As where Butler was very likable, had already made a finals 2 years before, and was on a memorable playoff run where he was FUN TO WATCH.

And Jokic won multiple MVPs before that ring.

Butler also had that aesthetic.