“my MALE FRIEND just confessed to me, God WHY?”

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
The funny thing is women talk all this shyt about platonic friendships and how they wish men would be more open to them but I've found that women don't want platonic friendships with men they're attracted to either.

I've had women I've put in the friendzone and watched them decide that they have no interest in being in my life. I'll never forget, I was pretty depressed at one point and one woman used it to try to get close to me and hang out with me. When I told her I had no interest in her romantically, she literally started crying and stopped speaking to me and proceded to block me on all socials. We never spoke again.

Also if women were truly that interested in platonic friendships, many of them wouldn't die when they find a boyfriend. As a guy, you're often just a place holder because as soon as she finds a man, her man is going to get all of her attention.

There's nothing wrong with having women friends but I've found that generally they're women who were in the same social circle, whether that'd be school (high school, college, grad school), the party/club/local hip hop scene etc........but generally neither men or women want to truly be platonic friends with someone they're attracted to unless they've already had it.
See when I talk about guy friends this is what I mean. Guys I’ve literally known since childhood, HS, college-ish age. I don’t mean some random dude you meet and just call him a friend. Naw; he obviously approached for a reason.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
One of my best friends over the last decade looks like prime Elizabeth Hurley. I've traveled with her (for work), gone to lunch with her etc across a decade without my former or current girlfriend getting mad. And while I think she's hot I have no interest in fukking her, not even when I was single. Partly because she's crazy but the other part is...we're just friends. Probably also have too many personality similarities to ever be a good idea to pursue her (if I was single).

I'm never a fan of arguments that basically boil down to claiming men are cavemen with no control over their urges, who only think about sex, etc.

You were AFRAID of her rejecting you/not confident enough to make a pass.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Never got this sentiment. You don't have chick friends from HS? From previous and current jobs? There's nothing weird about having women friends. I think people just assume that means it's a person you hang with 24/7 but nah...most friends are people you talk to during the week and hang out with here or there.
Speaking crudely, it is an investment with more risks.

The emphasis is always put on how men react to their friends who are women. No one really addresses the reality that a lot of women phase out their male friends when they get into a relationship.

There's nothing malicious about it, but people have a right to want some type of stability when forming friendships.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
One of my best friends over the last decade looks like prime Elizabeth Hurley. I've traveled with her (for work), gone to lunch with her etc across a decade without my former or current girlfriend getting mad. And while I think she's hot I have no interest in fukking her, not even when I was single. Partly because she's crazy but the other part is...we're just friends. Probably also have too many personality similarities to ever be a good idea to pursue her (if I was single).

I'm never a fan of arguments that basically boil down to claiming men are cavemen with no control over their urges, who only think about sex, etc.

You probably work in an industry or in a field where having friends or colleagues with like-minded goals and interests is mutually beneficial. (You talked about travelling for work)

I do too. Most people do not, though.

I work with some very attractive women and I'm friends with them. I'm talking beautiful. We text, we talk, we meet, we work, we joke, we eat. Friend shyt. We're friends.

But I know myself as a person, I know what I like, what I want and what I need. So I can tell the difference between someone who I like to be with and be around because we serve a purpose in each other's life on one level (work, and even social), knowing that's more important than trying to sleep with them.

So when guys talk that "men and women can't be friends" shyt, I just assume they either have poor impulse control, or don't have or require the social skills to be around people of the opposite sex.

I also don't have the time or energy to put in "friend" effort for someone I'm trying to sleep with, and vice versa. If you see me with someone and she's bad, it's because I respect their game and wanna build. If I don't respect their game and don't want to build with them, I either KIM or holla at them and see what's up. But I don't mix the two.

It's not that hard.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Answer me this brehs:

Why brehs never befriend the fat or ugly chicks?

Why dudes when they say they have female friends, they are a 6 or above?

Motherfukkers be friend with the baddest chick in the club, talking about, oh she just my homegirl. Really dude
Because those bytches will not want to stay friends either, it's the same thing on both sides

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Answer me this brehs:

Why brehs never befriend the fat or ugly chicks?

Why dudes when they say they have female friends, they are a 6 or above?

Motherfukkers be friend with the baddest chick in the club, talking about, oh she just my homegirl. Really dude
Riiiiiiiight

Noone believes you dude, broad is too bad. You wanted to holla and got friend zoned

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

fukk u breh

But I agree

db81

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being friends with females is cool, and you can do it for real even if they are attractive. If you’re really genuinely cool with a girl and don’t try to fukk they will respect that shyt for real. I know a chick like that and she just randomly tells me she got somebody for me from time to time. & when she does I don’t even have to do anything. It’s like she told the everything they need to know about me and it’s on. You’ll always get more p*ssy not being thirsty.