Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
More like... They are gonna cut down half the salary like with most buy outs.

Redundancies happen in any buyout/merger. The true creatives behind the games people fell in love with aren't the ones getting laid off in that situation. They get courted heavily.

What happens later is that those same creatives get sick of the corporate bullsh*t merry-go-round where the suits start interfering in narrative decisions, creative decisions, insert-mtx-here-we-need-to-milk-them decisions...a mediocre game gets released, the public is like "WTF happened? Why's this so different from what they made before?", fingers get pointed...and those same creatives cash in their stock options and pull the ripcord like :hubie:. So now, 2-5 years later, you've paid billions for a now-creatively-defunct studio and are back at square one.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

I say this only to say that I knew that days like this would come. Very few companies get to operate in the space like Microsoft. I just want to give you all some context here and this tweet points at that.

Yeah, when you got the bread the biggest thing is putting leaders in place who won't run things into the ground which is what usually happens when bigger companies by smaller ones.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think this will be similar to the Minecraft thing where they are still mostly multi-platform or timed exclusive. Microsoft will just eat off the publishing of selling it on a sony console instead. Also exclusive features on xbox.

This also explains why Microsoft didn’t buy bungie or wb games

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Seems like Bethesda games will still come to the PS5.
EicVghHWAAI92WX
The games in development right now will come out on PS5. Sony is getting cut off after that.