Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
thats odee

my top5 last generation is fake three bethesda games

if they move funny w the next dishonored or fallout or elder scrolls on ps5 i might have to make the switch

those are the type games that define consoles

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Redundancies happen in any buyout/merger. The true creatives behind the games people fell in love with aren't the ones getting laid off in that situation. They get courted heavily.

What happens later is that those same creatives get sick of the corporate bullsh*t merry-go-round where the suits start interfering in narrative decisions, creative decisions, insert-mtx-here-we-need-to-milk-them decisions...a mediocre game gets released, the public is like "WTF happened? Why's this so different from what they made before?", fingers get pointed...and those same creatives cash in their stock options and pull the ripcord like :hubie:. So now, 2-5 years later, you've paid billions for a now-creatively-defunct studio and are back at square one.

Yup which is exactly what Microsoft has historically done. That’s why even though this is huge, it ain’t a win until we start seeing it bare fruit. Sony has learned to leave its developers alone which has resulted in them having a solid stable of first-party properties. Microsoft on the other can’t stop interfering with developers, they change scope but not the budget or launch date, they change narrative, etc.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
This is good start if doom is a xbox pc exclusive big win for them :yeshrug:

They purchased rare and ran it into the ground

Here hoping they let them do them and the company makes more. Good stuff