Is The Hate Against Cyberpunk Exaggerated Or Nah?

is all the hate cyberpunk is getting really deserved?

• yes it's 100% deserved

Votes: 60 62.5%
  • nope, it's exaggerated for views/clicks by cynical journalists and youtubers

Votes: 36 37.5%

• Total voters

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It’s exaggerated because it’s true CDPR and their whole review embargo was trash, the bugs deserve to be spoke about and the base consoles got done dirty.

However the game is incredible on PC and the next gen consoles have seen much improvement after the patches and I don’t feel like the “influencers” and journalist are going out there way to highlight that. They are instead focusing on all the negatives. And when you do that it gives off the impression that the bad fat outweighs the good and that’s not true.

This game is 1-2 patches and some DLC away from being the genre defining game they been hyping it up to be. I’ve said it before they can right all of the wrongs and have this game be a legit goty contender next year.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Yes and No.

Makes zero sense that a game made for last-gen consoles isn't performing on last-gen consoles(remember the version people are playing on PS5/XSX are just PS4/X1 versions...) I'm not gonna get mad at folks that are mad at performance in that manner cause its simply unacceptable. The amount of bugs I've come across(and see) is concerning, but I haven't really come across any that have been majorly detrimental to my experience too much.

I think backlash is warranted but people have cherrypicked bugs and glitches to be mad about in an effort to dogpile. These are things that can be ironed out over time.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is what I'm talking about with the Youtube videos:

These guys gave the game a 7 out of 10. What other 70% games are these making these kind of in depth videos about? Reporting on the lawsuits and fallout of the launch makes sense, but this random video? If it's based on game popularity then where are all their Fortnight videos. Or maybe I just haven't been paying attention to their content. I don't know.

:yeshrug:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is what I'm talking about with the Youtube videos:

These guys gave the game a 7 out of 10. What other 70% games are these making these kind of in depth videos about? Reporting on the lawsuits and fallout of the launch makes sense, but this random video? If it's based on game popularity then where are all their Fortnight videos. Or maybe I just haven't been paying attention to their content. I don't know.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
bugs aside, the game isnt good at particularly anything besides graphics. the city is gorgeous but its not interactive. npcs have no ai, cops just spawn from thin air. the writing is ok. rpg elements non-existent. the stealth isnt that great. shooting aspect is meh. loot system atrocious...:manny: I played on PC and went for refund...its an empty ass game

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
All the criticisms are completely warranted. Are game websites and Youtubers exaggerating? Of course they do because clickbait gets them paid. These things are not mutually exclusive.

So it's fukk CDPR for hiding the bugged out, barely playable console versions and lying about features that aren't in the game (note for the battered housewife gamers: that other companies do this too does not make it normal or right!) and it's fukk game media (professional and unprofessional) because it's fukk game media by default.

:hubie:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
No. The biggest issue with this release is the performance of the various platforms, and how CDPR hid how bad the last gen systems were until the very end. The fact they are releasing "patches" for this so quickly means that the game should of been delayed for months, maybe even a year. Then add the glitches, bugs and various issues with game mechanics as well and this is a shyt show.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
All the criticisms are completely warranted. Are game websites and Youtubers exaggerating? Of course they do because clickbait gets them paid. These things are not mutually exclusive.

So it's fukk CDPR for hiding the bugged out, barely playable console versions and lying about features that aren't in the game (note for the battered housewife gamers: that other companies do this too does not make it normal or right!) and it's fukk game media (professional and unprofessional) because it's fukk game media by default.

:hubie:
"bu bu bu, It is your fault if you bought the game for a last gen system", even though they said the game runs well on them and only showed the upgraded versions of the last gen.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I mean I did say, “or maybe I haven’t been paying attention to their videos.”
When the video ended, the expert's other videos were shown at the end. When i watched the video on YouTube, i saw the other videos on the sidebar easily. When i searched " Firearms Expert Reacts To" in the search bar, almost all of the videos were from the same person. Instead of posting that video as some proof that people are unfairly rating the game, next time do some research beforehand.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Much deserved, it's Alpha testing status on base console. Heads gotta stop caping for these billion dollar companies (not you OP), they don't love you like that. They released that shyt knowing it was garbage and deserve a bit of criticism

Last edited:

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
  • CDPR execs for getting bigheaded by trying to be in a big AAA role when they are indie as best, along with treating the staff like lemmings for crunchtime

CDPR are worth $25bn, this is after losing circa $8bn of market cap post debacle. This flagrant misalignment is why they can get away this shyt, mfs coddling a multi billion dollar company, indie?! :confused: To put it in perspective, they have a market cap 3 times that of Ubisoft...

Exaggerated but they did deserve some criticism. Notice no one ever says "this game SUCKS!" they just say its glitchy as hell and then put 50+ hours into the game. The game is fun and immersive as hell.
A game can't be glitchy as hell and simultaneously immersive as hell, if you're enjoying it great but this is a contradiction

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
A game can't be glitchy as hell and simultaneously immersive as hell, if you're enjoying it great but this is a contradiction
eh, I feel like some of my most immersive gaming experiences came from glitchy games (Skyrim, Arma, Fallout, etc)