Is The Hate Against Cyberpunk Exaggerated Or Nah?

is all the hate cyberpunk is getting really deserved?

• yes it's 100% deserved

Votes: 60 62.5%
  • nope, it's exaggerated for views/clicks by cynical journalists and youtubers

Votes: 36 37.5%

• Total voters

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
It’s just absolute bullshyt and I’m realizing something. It ps4 and Ps5 users the one having the issue I see. Maybe they version is shytty and buggie mess. On my Xbox series x it’s just not tho

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm having fun with my copy...:ld: once the bugs and glitches are gone people will change their minds...

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s just absolute bullshyt and I’m realizing something. It ps4 and Ps5 users the one having the issue I see. Maybe they version is shytty and buggie mess. On my Xbox series x it’s just not tho

this nikka...you think CDPR, sony, MS and best buy are all jumping thru hoops to honor refunds cuz “maybe” lmaoooooooooo?????? :mjlol:

I don’t get how some of you are so myopic on some “b-bu-but it’s not happening to me so how is it happening to them??” shyt lol smh

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
this nikka...you think CDPR, sony, MS and best buy are all jumping thru hoops to honor refunds cuz “maybe” lmaoooooooooo?????? :mjlol:

I don’t get how some of you are so myopic on some “b-bu-but it’s not happening to me so how is it happening to them??” shyt lol smh
Idk it seems like massive upset temper tantrum from 5 year olds. And I lowkey think the hate is coming from the game playing decent on Xbox series and shytty on all other consoles

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I'd say 50/50.

But still unacceptable the manner in which the manner this game was released IMO.

I'll wait until it's fixed.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say yes and no.

Yeah because it's very clear that this game wasn't ready to come out right now, and while the dev side of things may have been aware, literally every other part of the company didn't give a shyt about that. The run-around with making sure no one saw this game on consoles, and then giving media outlets an incredibly short period to be able to play the game for review (on PC) is indicative of them knowing some wild shyt was about to happen. I think it's dumb to try to shyt on studios like 343 for pushing Halo back like some unfortunate Breh's hairline, but then ignore a very obvious case of what happens when a game gets rushed out.

But at the same time, some of the backlash is on some bullshyt. There were some media outlets (looking directly at Kotaku and Polygon here) out there that made their mind up a while ago that they weren't going to take a positive stance on this game. It'd get an "It's good, but we can't ignore...." type review due to the reports of crunch and trans representation. You can almost feel the elation from some of their writers when you read an article about something negative.

Also, a lot of content creators leaned HARD into Cyberpunk being some genre defining game. So, a lot of them seem to be in the mode of trying to not look like a shill by leaning just as hard the other way.

Ultimately, this is another example of how discourse on the internet can't understand how more than one thing can be true at once. I fully acknowledge that this game is definitely not complete, and a fukkton of shady shyt happened to get a copy of the game in my hands to play that I'm not cool with. But at the same time, I'm having a TON of fun with this game. For a lot of people online, it's one or the other.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'd say yes and no.

Yeah because it's very clear that this game wasn't ready to come out right now, and while the dev side of things may have been aware, literally every other part of the company didn't give a shyt about that. The run-around with making sure no one saw this game on consoles, and then giving media outlets an incredibly short period to be able to play the game for review (on PC) is indicative of them knowing some wild shyt was about to happen. I think it's dumb to try to shyt on studios like 343 for pushing Halo back like some unfortunate Breh's hairline, but then ignore a very obvious case of what happens when a game gets rushed out.

But at the same time, some of the backlash is on some bullshyt. There were some media outlets (looking directly at Kotaku and Polygon here) out there that made their mind up a while ago that they weren't going to take a positive stance on this game. It'd get an "It's good, but we can't ignore...." type review due to the reports of crunch and trans representation. You can almost feel the elation from some of their writers when you read an article about something negative.

Also, a lot of content creators leaned HARD into Cyberpunk being some genre defining game. So, a lot of them seem to be in the mode of trying to not look like a shill by leaning just as hard the other way.

Ultimately, this is another example of how discourse on the internet can't understand how more than one thing can be true at once. I fully acknowledge that this game is definitely not complete, and a fukkton of shady shyt happened to get a copy of the game in my hands to play that I'm not cool with. But at the same time, I'm having a TON of fun with this game. For a lot of people online, it's one or the other.

I agree. Negative always gets the clicks vs the positive.

With that being said, it's still deserved. Maybe not the devs, but def on the suits at CDPR knowing how they was dodging showing the console version of this game, esp last gen consoles.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. Negative always gets the clicks vs the positive.

With that being said, it's still deserved. Maybe not the devs, but def on the suits at CDPR knowing how they was dodging showing the console version of this game, esp last gen consoles.

Oh, for sure.

For all the smoke some people had about certain console manufacturers supposedly being anti-consumer, it's interesting to see the plea copping happening over legitimate blatant anti-consumerism happening right in front of us. CDPR needs to be taken to task for this, because viewing it from a business standpoint, they hung their customers, their partners, and their highest profile promoters (the media) out to dry.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Not exaggerated at all, consumers have had it with lying as devs. Plus, CDPR was cracking jokes and shyt like "couldn't be me :mjpls:", poppin shyt on twitter only to apologize. Ppl are outraged that they lied multiple times to consumers & their investors and released a broken game after lying the Sony/Microsoft. They took alot of money out of ppls pockets

They're being made an example of, who better than them at this moment .

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Oh, for sure.

For all the smoke some people had about certain console manufacturers supposedly being anti-consumer, it's interesting to see the plea copping happening over legitimate blatant anti-consumerism happening right in front of us. CDPR needs to be taken to task for this, because viewing it from a business standpoint, they hung their customers, their partners, and their highest profile promoters (the media) out to dry.

Lol yeah you see it right? :mjpls:
Also, the cross gen games development won't be a problem argument. It will just scale accordingly :mjpls:

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Its both of course, but well deserved backlash or hate if thats what you want to call it. I do think it's disingenuous to say well it plays good on my PC/PS5/Series X/S. When the conversation is about PS4, Xbox One (VCR) and the ONE S the same platforms that they are selling this game to... it says right on the package and those consoles have the highest install base of those Platforms

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Only company jumping through refund hoops is CDPR, and that’s their choice. Sony, Microsoft, Best Buy, etc don’t give a fukk about refunds, as they never have in the past.

It’s clear the internet echo chamber is not representative of most people’s experience with the game.:manny: