Is The Hate Against Cyberpunk Exaggerated Or Nah?

is all the hate cyberpunk is getting really deserved?

• yes it's 100% deserved

Votes: 60 62.5%
  • nope, it's exaggerated for views/clicks by cynical journalists and youtubers

Votes: 36 37.5%

• Total voters

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
do you feel all the hate is deserved or are people blowing it out of proportion? :jbhmm: is the game actually garbo?

:dahell: 95% of the "hate" is about people legitimately not being able to run the game to give it a proper chance.

Of course the "hate" is warranted.

People can't even give the game a chance.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Especially since it’s not like people can go out and easily get a next gen console. The fact that some dudes in this thread is using that as an excuse is rather dumbfounded no offense.
We got a company out here flat out offering refunds and people still questioning if the complaints are valid lol. Companies ain't just giving back money from purchases if there aren't legit problems.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lol yeah you see it right? :mjpls:
Also, the cross gen games development won't be a problem argument. It will just scale accordingly :mjpls:
If anything it proves the opposite.

A game can clearly be scaled from last gen to still take full advantage of next gen hardware.

Takes more work on last gen, but eventually last gen will be reasonably playable, while the next gen versions will be the next gen showcase title for months/years to come.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Oh, for sure.

For all the smoke some people had about certain console manufacturers supposedly being anti-consumer, it's interesting to see the plea copping happening over legitimate blatant anti-consumerism happening right in front of us. CDPR needs to be taken to task for this, because viewing it from a business standpoint, they hung their customers, their partners, and their highest profile promoters (the media) out to dry.
Yeah which is why Sony’s flagship launch title was buggy to the point of bricking consoles, yet all of you pretended it was not happening:ohhh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That saying about hit dogs hollering really is true. :ohhh:
I mean, I’m fine with revisiting things I’ve talked about in the past.

The question is, why you scared to say names??

If you stand on your assertion, it should be directed specifically at the people you are talking about :ufdup:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
If anything it proves the opposite.

A game can clearly be scaled from last gen to still take full advantage of next gen hardware.

Takes more work on last gen, but eventually last gen will be reasonably playable, while the next gen versions will be the next gen showcase title for months/years to come.

The target will be next gen with base last gen bottlenecks. Depending on the scope of the game and the skill of the developer, results may vary.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, I’m fine with revisiting things I’ve talked about in the past.

The question is, why you scared to say names??

If you stand on your assertion, it should be directed specifically at the people you are talking about :ufdup:

I was referring to general sentiment, as opposed to specific posters.

But here you are, ready on the front lines of the console war again. What a soldier. :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The target will be next gen with base last gen bottlenecks. Depending on the scope of the game and the skill of the developer, results may vary.
The “skill of the developer” is a misnomer that we talk about on forums, but doesn’t really mean anything. Developer seats are like musical chairs at this point. If a publisher has the money to spend, they can buy any “skill” they need.

Cyberpunk “scope” is about as large as it can get. And the game will work across 9 different platforms.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
The “skill of the developer” is a misnomer that we talk about on forums, but doesn’t really mean anything. Developer seats are like musical chairs at this point. If a publisher has the money to spend, they can buy any “skill” they need.

Cyberpunk “scope” is about as large as it can get. And the game will work across 9 different platforms.

They seem to be having a rough go at it thus far