Is The Hate Against Cyberpunk Exaggerated Or Nah?

is all the hate cyberpunk is getting really deserved?

• yes it's 100% deserved

Votes: 60 62.5%
  • nope, it's exaggerated for views/clicks by cynical journalists and youtubers

Votes: 36 37.5%

• Total voters

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Exaggerated. Madden is garbage and glitchy every single year, and has never been pulled from an online store. It’s only a big deal, because people acted like Cyberpunk was gonna cure cancer, and scheduled everything in their lives around the game.
It’s also worse because most people can’t even get a hold of the next gen consoles. So FAR more people are playing last gen than should be.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I said it in the main thread but I've encountered bugs but nothing groundbreaking. Nothing to ruin my experience. I'm on PC though and it's clear the consoles were an afterthought when it comes to this game. They really needed to just release those versions at a later date but I get why they didn't.

Exaggerated? From my viewpoint it is. But I haven't played it on the base consoles so I can't say how bad it is there. But this game doesn't need a complete revamp or anything like some people would lead you to believe. They need to fix bugs and implement some QoL improvements for sure. But for the most part, what's already here is what the game was always gonna be for the most part. Additional development time wasn't gonna turn this game in RDR.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
See, you're describing a console dependency problem and consumers not even attempting to know the options they have more than anything else.

Like wait. Or get stadia (on a free trial no less....).

They got their quick money - and their PC base, the only group CDPR has ever given a real fukk about, is chillin. And if you think Sony/MS won't throw this shyt right back on their sales platforms the first chance they get, you're tripping :mjlol: shyt if anything they'll run pockets twice with a new edition. There is no gotcha moment in this or learning point for the business side of things. If that's what yal are arguing, its fukking pointless when far more egregious shyt goes down on a monthly basis.

I refuse to believe this is anyone here's first time dealing with a game that didn't line up with E3 trailers.
The game actually LOOKS BETTER now than the E3 trailers. Lol

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
another reality is people need to stop being led around by the nose and only conveniently getting mad when they're told

and there is no bag fumbled :dead: they got their money back on pc alone. console has never been cdpr's focus from the jump - and last gen? i'm getting kinda exhausted by people screaming "they lied to us" like this is the only company with a marketing department. hell, if pc players lost their shyt every time they got a bad pc edition you'd never hear them shut up...

people acting like its the first bad port of all time :russ: fukkin absurd
This game is to have more than just a big week. This game was supposed to do cod and gta yearly numbers. All this press And removal from stores will not help this game meet its goal. Investors have to be pissed

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
This game is to have more than just a big week. This game was supposed to do cod and gta yearly numbers. All this press And removal from stores will not help this game meet its goal. Investors have to be pissed
They already made their money back for the game. I think they will be fine in the long run.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exaggerated but they left the door open for this king of response :francis:

It’s their own fault when you factor in everything especially the fact they spent the last few years throwing shots at other companies only to do the same shyt:russ:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
They already made their money back for the game. I think they will be fine in the long run.

So they broke even, trust they want that and then some. Word of mouth can be a bytch, not saying this isn’t going to make a profit but it’s not going to meet (profit forecast) financial expectations.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
The shyt doesn't work for the biggest group of buyers. PS5 and XSX wasn't even a thing when this was announced.

shyt, if they didn't delay it that one last time they wouldn't have even been out yet. Saying it's alright on PS5 and XSX is like a cheat code. Even then that's not seeing how it runs on PC in comparsion

Even ignoring that, if you exclude the capping they did about the features, it's a pretty good game :francis:

If they kept their mouths shut and just put this out in working order it would have been a lil cool 8-9/10 game. Witcher 3 is much bigger in scope admittedly but I'm having a good time with it on PC

If they did ALL the shyt they were talking about it would have been a 10/10 but what they were promising was straight up crazines. Comparing that to what we got, assuming it worked for everbody brings the game down to a 6-7/10 level

CDPR ruined their reputation over this. Don't come out talking about you're gonna son the whole industry with your 4th game Polish brehs

Daps
They deserve it. This didn’t not live up to expectations but it’s not a terrible game(for next gen and pc owners) last gen players should be fuming tho.

The story content plus world immersion just seem so.... meh. Nothing groundbreaking like they hyped. Your life path holds no meaning to the games overall story arch, there are things in the game that they hyped and we got none of it.

We’ll see come February once the big patches hit tho

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Game is fun to me but I didn't pay much attention to the hype around it...

Now that I am going back and reading what they said the game would be and what would be in the game...yeah it's borderline deceptive marketing...

All the hate they are getting is 100% earned especially after they had their holier than thou attitude and pointed the finger at all these other companies and how morally superior they were to them...

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Game is fun to me but I didn't pay much attention to the hype around it...

Now that I am going back and reading what they said the game would be and what would be in the game...yeah it's borderline deceptive marketing...

All the hate they are getting is 100% earned especially after they had their holier than thou attitude and pointed the finger at all these other companies and how morally superior they were to them...

ya I’m digging the game a lot...still in awe just wandering around and driving...sometimes I’ll just get out my car and walk...this reminds me of when I first got GTA 3 or vice city and I’d just spend hours driving around the city and shyt til I got comfortable