Is The Hate Against Cyberpunk Exaggerated Or Nah?

is all the hate cyberpunk is getting really deserved?

• yes it's 100% deserved

Votes: 60 62.5%
  • nope, it's exaggerated for views/clicks by cynical journalists and youtubers

Votes: 36 37.5%

• Total voters

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People also forgetting this is the first game of the series, and CDPR first game of this type.

There’s always some growing pains with a new franchise. The second installment is almost always the best with games like this.

People comparing this game right now to other games and franchises that have had decades to improve and reiterate. GTAV day one was a mess on PS360.

People say this game is barebones but praise games like horizon zero dawn, is what i don’t get. Horizon is an ok game also, but you can tell it was the first in a series, there was nothing really groundbreaking about it other than graphics and the robot dinosaurs.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
People say this game is barebones but praise games like horizon zero dawn, is what i don’t get. Horizon is an ok game also, but you can tell it was the first in a series, there was nothing really groundbreaking about it other than graphics and the robot dinosaurs.
I couldn’t even finish that game, was like Sony’s version of a Ubisoft game. Was boring and empty as fukk.

Also people praise Nier Automata shyt was the most empty and boring world and combat ever. It was short and you had to play the same content 3 times to get the full story, and it was literally broken on PC I had to download a user made mod to even get it to work without crashing, and people loved that game :mindblown:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People also forgetting this is the first game of the series, and CDPR first game of this type.

There’s always some growing pains with a new franchise. The second installment is almost always the best with games like this.

People comparing this game right now to other games and franchises that have had decades to improve and reiterate. GTAV day one was a mess on PS360.
The Last of Us 1
Ghost of Tsushima
Insomiacs Spiderman
God of War 1
Horizon Zero Dawn

All new franchises for them developers n hot out the gate:manny:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I couldn’t even finish that game, was like Sony’s version of a Ubisoft game. Was boring and empty as fukk.

Also people praise Nier Automata shyt was the most empty and boring world and combat ever. It was short and you had to play the same content 3 times to get the full story, and it was literally broken on PC I had to download a user made mod to even get it to work without crashing, and people loved that game :mindblown:
Ya that FAR patch was bullshyt. Its what made me get a ps4. Square should be ashamed of Nier Automatas pc port.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Last of Us 1
Ghost of Tsushima
Insomiacs Spiderman
God of War 1
Horizon Zero Dawn

Spiderman has like 100 iterations before that they built off. You can compare insomniacs spider-man to spider-man 2 and see that it’s really an upgraded version of it with Arkham combat

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The Last of Us 1
Ghost of Tsushima
Insomiacs Spiderman
God of War 1
Horizon Zero Dawn

Horizon is more empty and lifeless than Cyberpunk by far. :stopitslime:

God of war 2 is light years ahead of 1

Why don’t we get any videos of GTA open world compared to spiderman??? :mjlol:

The last of us was naughty dog perfecting their formula. Uncharted 1 was their first of this style of game and it was kinda crappy.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
You CDPR fanboys are something else man.

Getting upset with everyone who don’t like the same broken ass game as you and coming up with excuses for why the hate against this shyt isn’t justified and pretending that CDPR didn’t mislead anyone by saying that the game was in working condition for current gen consoles. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
the corniest thing about people complaining like dude above me
is the fact that people arent stanning for a company... we are looking at you complain about some shyt you dont like for nearly a month straight... if you dont like the shyt why are you constantly on its dikk?
just go play some other shyt, it shouldnt be a shock that people talk about liking cyberpunk in a cyberpunk thread.... while you claim to hate cyberpunk while also talking about the shyt non stop

131908049_818243782071717_7573079984929261822_o.jpg

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

You praising cyberpunk but downing Nier AutomatA:dwillhuh:

We not gonna speak on bugs cuz that didnt work on pc n this dont work on current gen. Thats a dub. But gameplay, story, aesthetic, music, combat all emphatically better than cpunk. Nier story and set pieces were awe inspiring. Just horrid taste :scust: lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
is the fact that people arent stanning for a company... we are looking at you complain about some shyt you dont like for nearly a month straight... if you dont like the shyt why are you constantly on its dikk?
just go play some other shyt, it shouldnt be a shock that people talk about liking cyberpunk in a cyberpunk thread.... while you claim to hate cyberpunk while also talking about the shyt non stop

In actuality if they didn’t like pro have interest in the game they wouldn’ spend so much time talking about it and trying to shut down anyone who enjoys it. The last thing i want to do if i don’t think a game looks good is to spend two weeks fighting and debating with people on why the game isn’t good. Same thing happened with TLOU2 people swore it was the worst ame ever made and spent months getting into heated arguments with people on why it was the worst game to ever exist. Some even admitted on here they went into the game thinking they were gonna hate it because they bought into the internet hate mob. Same thing is happening here people are just jumping on the bandwagon, its the same shyt that happens with celebrities and cancel culture. Now everyone wants to talk about morals and ethics in gaming while they play half made game that are squeezing them for DLC and tons of MTX.

Some people here put 50+ hours into it calling it trash and broken. Like...? Lol

I can’t play a game i don’t like for more than a few hours much less over 70, you could have played like 4-5 different games you like for that amount of time invested.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.

nikka I got my refund off this shyt already. I enjoyed Assassins Creed Valhalla more then this.

People are free to post criticism regarding Cyberpunk all they want. I been looking forward to this game for two years and I was severely letdown because the glitches and bugs were too unbearable for me to fully enjoy this shyt and the story and characters wasn’t anything too special either. All I’ve been seeing nikkas like you do is attack anyone who don’t praise this shyt and calling us broke, crybabies and shyt because we had a vastly different experience then you.

I wanted so badly to enjoy this game but I didn’t and I’m actually disappointed in CDPR because they were suppose to be the next Rockstar but instead they’re on they’re way to becoming the next EA.

Last edited:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
In actuality if they didn’t like pro have interest in the game they wouldn’ spend so much time talking about it and trying to shut down anyone who enjoys it. The last thing i want to do if i don’t think a game looks good is to spend two weeks fighting and debating with people on why the game isn’t good.

Some people here put 50+ hours into it calling it trash and broken. Like...? Lol

I can’t play a game i don’t like for more than a few hours much less over 70, you could have like 4-5 different games you like for that amount of time invested.

I 100% agree and cyberpunk actually brought us together, I see alot of your talking points through a very clear scope now. I put like what 400 hours into playing Oblivion back in the day, exploiting bugs and glitches and it was one of the best times of my life. You always brought good point and reality to situations regarding other games not getting shyt for having the same opening week problems. I do agree that the old version should have been warned or scrapped... but people acting bitter for a month about it doesnt make any sense. They could easily just wait to play it on a better setup or whatever. You said it 100% right in the first sentence too, people who pretend to hate it mostly secretly crave to enjoy it ... so they are lashing out about it, and blaming the company instead.

The whole game just suffered from a poorly timed drop that was in limbo between two moments in gaming. They cant ask for more and expect less on different hardware, its a lose lose for the company. If they cut more shyt and downgraded to optimize, people would have said this game is trash and everything was cut. Them trying to find the right balance between two extremes stalled shyt for everyone.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
nikka I got my refund off this shyt already. I enjoyed Assassins Creed Valhalla more then this.

People are free to post criticism regarding Cyberpunk all they want. I been looking forward to this game for two years and I was severely letdown because the glitches and bugs were too unbearable for me to fully enjoy this shyt. All I’ve been seeing nikkas like you do is attack anyone who don’t praise this shyt and calling us broke, crybabies and shyt because we had a vastly different experience then you.

I wanted so badly to enjoy this game but I didn’t and I’m actually disappointed in CDPR because they were suppose to be the next Rockstar but instead they’re own they’re way to becoming the next EA.

Exactly.

Ill purchase again when its actually worth it. Its no reason on the ps5 I encountered 50 11 bugs and averaged a crash a hour. fukk that noise. Its a big buggy empty mess.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You praising cyberpunk but downing Nier AutomatA:dwillhuh:

We not gonna speak on bugs cuz that didnt work on pc n this dont work on current gen. Thats a dub. But gameplay, story, aesthetic, music, combat all emphatically better than cpunk. Nier story and set pieces were awe inspiring. Just horrid taste :scust: lol
It’s not a bug. The game literally did not work. Couldn’t even play it to get to the bugs without a Mod made by a dude in his basement.

Beyond that the game was empty as fukk.

Not interested in a debate over your opinion. Of story, music, etc.

For people’s complaints about how cyberpunk handles its “open world” nier was probably the most barren, boring open world this gen. And It was low on content, in which you had to play multiple times. Combat is woat in the history of platinum games :scust:

I get why people enjoyed the production side of things. But the game side of things was utter trash on top of the game being literally unplayable at launch on PC.:smh: