Is The Hate Against Cyberpunk Exaggerated Or Nah?

is all the hate cyberpunk is getting really deserved?

• yes it's 100% deserved

Votes: 60 62.5%
  • nope, it's exaggerated for views/clicks by cynical journalists and youtubers

Votes: 36 37.5%

• Total voters

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Its mostly justified but just like with all bandwagons, sometimes it goes too far.

The game is fun, and is definitely worth playing. With that being said, it has a lot of problems, the way it was released was embarrassing especially after how much it was hyped. The little details are also bad when this game was supposed to be something completely different. The AI is weak, the NPCs are weak as well compared to games from the past.

I think all the hype was more damaging because the game is not what it was hyped to be, it is still a very good game though.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
It’s not a bug. The game literally did not work. Couldn’t even play it to get to the bugs without a Mod made by a dude in his basement.

Beyond that the game was empty as fukk.

Not interested in a debate over your opinion. Of story, music, etc.

For people’s complaints about how cyberpunk handles its “open world” nier was probably the most barren, boring open world this gen. And It was low on content, in which you had to play multiple times. Combat is woat in the history of platinum games :scust:

I get why people enjoyed the production side of things. But the game side of things was utter trash on top of the game being literally unplayable at launch on PC.:smh:

and they never fixed Nier on PC. some dude fixed it with a mod, hours after release, but the devs never bothered :francis:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It’s not a bug. The game literally did not work. Couldn’t even play it to get to the bugs without a Mod made by a dude in his basement.

Beyond that the game was empty as fukk.

Not interested in a debate over your opinion. Of story, music, etc.

For people’s complaints about how cyberpunk handles its “open world” nier was probably the most barren, boring open world this gen. And It was low on content, in which you had to play multiple times. Combat is woat in the history of platinum games :scust:

I get why people enjoyed the production side of things. But the game side of things was utter trash on top of the game being literally unplayable at launch on PC.:smh:

What are yall saying about 2077 you can use for nier just play it on console:mjgrin:

Aint no debate. Its story and music shyts on anything in cyberpunk by itself. Gameplay was perfect for the game, its certain sections in that literally can only be told through it being a game. Thats beautiful game design. Open world was dry yes, so is cyberpunks lol. Game was like 25-30 hours, how is that short?

The fact you hyping 2077 and think Nier is bad is so wild to me :mjlol:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
nikka I got my refund off this shyt already. I enjoyed Assassins Creed Valhalla more then this.

People are free to post criticism regarding Cyberpunk all they want. I been looking forward to this game for two years and I was severely letdown because the glitches and bugs were too unbearable for me to fully enjoy this shyt and the story and characters wasn’t anything too special either. All I’ve been seeing nikkas like you do is attack anyone who don’t praise this shyt and calling us broke, crybabies and shyt because we had a vastly different experience then you.

I wanted so badly to enjoy this game but I didn’t and I’m actually disappointed in CDPR because they were suppose to be the next Rockstar but instead they’re own they’re way to becoming the next EA.

thats what I mean by being upset :yeshrug: the fact is I cant or didnt control PS5 or XBSX being on a limited release
I also agree with you, if you dont like the game personally, who am I to tell you about your own experience.
I've been called a PC elitist when I'm not even playing this on PC.... I've been accused of clowning cats (which is true)
But none of that makes people in general come back to complain about something they dont like
you cant really say you dont like something if you've never experienced it the way its made to be played

I own a cheap guitar that buzzes, pops whatever... it sounds like shyt but you can connect it and play it
and I got a 1500$ guitar that sounds like butter and is professional quality
I dont expect the cheap guitar to make me sound like Jimi Hendrix and get mad at the speaker because of it
I know off rip that im playing on cheap garbage. Of course I can still play the same songs... but the quality is never gonna be the same.

its not about being cheap, broke whatever. Its just the expectation of thinking something dated is going to be fire
I posted the GTAV video in a different thread, on xbox360 and ps3... that game barely ran... if it wasnt for ps4 and XB1X you wouldnt even have the same GTA
people just conveniently upgraded and didnt talk about it. The road didnt even load in on GTAV when you first played it and people had no problem with that happening
so much so that when you got PS4 version people were excited like "THE ROAD IS LOADED:blessed:" there is no difference between this situation besides the good and bad are happening at the same time now... so people feel slighted that they arent getting the good version all at once.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What are yall saying about 2077 you can use for nier just play it on console:mjgrin:
No.

Aint no debate. Its story and music shyts on anything in cyberpunk by itself.
literally said I wasn’t trying to debate on any of this :francis:

Gameplay was perfect for the game, its certain sections in that literally can only be told through it being a game. Thats beautiful game design. Open world was dry yes, so is cyberpunks lol. Game was like 25-30 hours, how is that short?
there wasn’t much “gameplay” outside of combat and combat was clearly nowhere near as good as platinums other action games. It was 25-30 hours but you had to play the same content multiple times. Without replaying the same shyt it would be about 10 hours.

The fact you hyping 2077 and think Nier is bad is so wild to me :mjlol:
What I’m saying is facts.

It was and still is broken as fukk.
It is empty as fukk.
Combat is mid compared to literally EVERY other platinum game.
The game is short and makes you replay the same content multiple times to get to see the full story.

These are facts. It may be your opinion that the production side of things make it a great game, but it doesn’t change the facts I laid out :manny:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
No.

literally said I wasn’t trying to debate on any of this :francis:

there wasn’t much “gameplay” outside of combat and combat was clearly nowhere near as good as platinums other action games. It was 25-30 hours but you had to play the same content multiple times. Without replaying the same shyt it would be about 10 hours.

What I’m saying is facts.

It was and still is broken as fukk.
It is empty as fukk.
Combat is mid compared to literally EVERY other platinum game.
The game is short and makes you replay the same content multiple times to get to see the full story.

These are facts. It may be your opinion that the production side of things make it a great game, but it doesn’t change the facts I laid out :manny:

Even platinums most ho hum gameplay shyts on most games so thats neither here nor there. you are correct its their most basic by far. It also didn't really need to be open world but the first one was so :yeshrug: these are basically the only criticisms I can launch at the game. I didn't play on PC so I don't know shyt about it being broken :yeshrug:

I tell everyone the its

part a 8.75
part b 8
part c 15/10

:yeshrug:

you replay shyt but its still a diff enough perspective where it makes sense ands not exactly the same content habibi. Its a definite reason why its set up liket that and by the time you get to that last third of the game it reaches goat status :yeshrug:

I will defend this game to the death like ya'll doing cyberpunk we can go down this road if you want :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
part a 8.75
part b 8
part c 15/10

now you just straight up bullshytting. :ufdup:

Part B is the part that breaks people. I constantly have to tell people to push past it because part c is worth it. It;s easily the worst part of the game and completely redundant and terrible. :camby:

9s was a terrible character until part c

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
now you just straight up bullshytting. :ufdup:

Part B is the part that breaks people. I constantly have to tell people to push past it because part c is worth it. It;s easily the worst part of the game and completely redundant and terrible. :camby:

2S had a story to tell, they had to build him up to break him down

Every thing in Automata serves a purpose:ufdup:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
2S had a story to tell, they had to build him up to break him down

Every thing in Automata serves a purpose:ufdup:

yes, because the best way to tell that story was to have you replay literally everything you just did but this time instead of having cool abilities to fight with you get to fight everything in a isometric bullet hell atari game. :what:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
yes, because the best way to tell that story was to have you replay literally everything you just did but this time instead of having cool abilities to fight with you get to fight everything in a isometric bullet hell atari game. :what:

Sounds like someone was bad at hacking. You had to feel his pain and how inept he was through gameplay. By making him so wack when you get the last character it feels like heaven. its intentional. Tell me the first boss of act C didn't make your dikk hard.
thats true immersion:ufdup:

Praise Taro

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sounds like someone was bad at hacking. You had to feel his pain and how inept he was through gameplay. By making him so wack when you get the last character it feels like heaven. its intentional. Tell me the first boss of act C didn't make your dikk hard.
thats true immersion:ufdup:

Praise Taro

yall would have been tight if kojima-san did it though.:sas2: