Is R&B singer Tank speaking facts? “Chris Brown is better than Michael Jackson”

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But ur comparing him to someone who DID have a phenomenal voice. Ur the one who said he had more raw talent than MJ. There's nothing that Chris does or has done to prove that my guy. Lol.

Im thinking by raw hes speaking to the fact Michael came up under musical geniuses,goat vocalist and got to learn from the greatest hit making,star producing factory of all time with Motown. Chris Brown didnt have that as an advantage which would make him "raw" by comparison.

But personally i dont really think vocals quite work that way. There is a God given element to it,and Michael was pretty damn good as a CHILD under Joe Jacksons teaching. I dont get the sense he came to Motown as a bum on the vocal tip.

And yes im sure he learned alot about hit making,and star power under Motown. But has Motown ever created anything like Michael,before or after Michael?

Judging from his formulaic ,yet non cohesive albums. I just dont get the sense CB is a student ,or has that ear for music. Which is fine,but without that element I dont see how he couldve ever been on Michaels level. Musical genius is just to difficult to say someone definitely wouldve had,just by being surrounded by talent or other geniuses. I think just like vocals,thats somewhat of a God given thing.Motown made stars out of musical geniuses. They didnt make them genius imo. If CB had that in him,we wouldve seen it. At best Chris Brown couldve been a much better Frankenstein than he ended up being. But even had he managed,he still wouldve been just a great creation,rather than genius probably.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
til chris make a 4rows of peckerwoods faint..thats women n grown men... wavin his car down.. not performin tombout nikkas behind barriers tryin 2 smell his glove wind...

holla at me...

mike would have finished man in the mirror..

not break down n cry like a lil hoe..

tumblr_mt1smfQTuO1riu0yco1_500.gif
ol haaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn haaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnn ughhhhh hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnn

mike was almost convicted ... that nikka didnt cry... he was gettin ready for the bytches to smell his walkaround wind in the limo

v1aWQG.gif

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Im thinking by raw hes speaking to the fact Michael came up under musical geniuses,goat vocalist and got to learn from the greatest hit making,star producing factory of all time with Motown. Chris Brown didnt have that as an advantage which would make him "raw" by comparison.

But personally i dont really think vocals quite work that way. There is a God given element to it,and Michael was pretty damn good as a CHILD under Joe Jacksons teaching. I dont get the sense he came to Motown as a bum on the vocal tip.

And yes im sure he learned alot about hit making,and star power under Motown. But has Motown ever created anything like Michael,before or after Michael?

Judging from his formulaic ,yet non cohesive albums. I just dont get the sense CB is a student ,or has that ear for music. Which is fine,but without that element I dont see how he couldve ever been on Michaels level. Musical genius is just to difficult to say someone definitely wouldve had,just by being surrounded by talent. I think just like vocals,thats somewhat of a God given thing.Motown made stars out of musical geniuses. They didnt make them genius imo. If CB had that in him,we wouldve seen it. At best Chris Brown couldve been a much better Frankenstein than he ended up being. But even had he managed,he still wouldve been just a great creation,rather than genius probably.
There was a WHOLE lot of people under Motown that didn't become a Michael Jackson. As a matter of fact he didn't really come into his own until he STOPPED dealing with Motown. All of the Jackson's felt being on Motown was extremely limiting when it come to creativity and writing. shyt his OWN BROTHERS was there too. But they ain't become a Michael Jackson either.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
What professional preparation did MJ have as an 8 year old vs Chris as a 16 year old? And MJ was from a worse hood too.
family counts for a lot

the jacksons are a family of entertainers/performers

so before he got to the label he was working

mj whole life was preparation

cb i really couldn't tell you how he developed shyte is a mystery HA

gary rough but if you aren't putting yourself in the way like any other hood you should be fine

cb from the bush nobody knows what the fukk was going on HA

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
family counts for a lot

the jacksons are a family of entertainers/performers

so before he got to the label he was working

mj whole life was preparation

cb i really couldn't tell you how he developed shyte is a mystery HA

gary rough but if you aren't putting yourself in the way like any other hood you should be fine

cb from the bush nobody knows what the fukk was going on HA

They weren't a family of entertainers. Him and his brothers had talent. And Joe had them practice in they crib. Just like damn near any other singer did back in the day. It was either practice at home. Or practice at church. And NONE of them became what he was and they all had the same resources. So u just killed ur own argument. Chris is barely a better pure singer than Jermaine.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There was a WHOLE lot of people under Motown that didn't become a Michael Jackson. As a matter of fact he didn't really come into his own until he STOPPED dealing with Motown. All of the Jackson's felt being on Motown was extremely limiting when it come to creativity and writing. shyt his OWN BROTHERS was there too. But they ain't become a Michael Jackson either.

I was less offended because im not a fan of Michael like that,but I knew he was going to get MJ fans heated with that one:mjlol:

Saying if only CB had better dance instructors,vocal coaches,and couldve flew straight, is in a sense reducing Michael Jackson to just dancing and vocals. And makes it like musically he either was just a product/creation of other geniuses. Or that you believe Chris Brown is a musical genius who just had a lack of guidance. Ive seen or heard no evidence of either of these things.

But Chris Brown definitely couldve been the goat create a artist we ever saw. But then that leaves room open for other artist to create "what if" scenarios for their career.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
They weren't a family of entertainers. Him and his brothers had talent. And Joe had them practice in they crib. Just like damn near any other singer did back in the day. It was either practice at home. Or practice at church. And NONE of them became what he was and they all had the same resources. So u just killed ur own argument. Chris is barely a better pure singer than Jermaine.
like i said they were working before they got to the label

mj was the most focused out his brothers he completely sacrificed any normalcy & dived into the work

his brothers were professional but still trying to live like young men will

i did say any jackson brother could pop out in this era & look like a headliner they were polished HA

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
like i said they were working before they got to the label

mj was the most focused out his brothers he completely sacrificed any normalcy & dived into the work

his brothers were professional but still trying to live like young men will

i did say any jackson brother could pop out in this era & look like a headliner they were polished HA

Bruh. No. Lol. They just didn't have it raw like Mike which is WHY Joe put MJ in the lead despite the group already existing and him being the youngest. All of these "what ifs" sound like a damn Marvel cartoon bruh. It's about "What IS".

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Bruh. No. Lol. They just didn't have it raw like Mike which is WHY Joe put MJ in the lead despite the group already existing and him being the youngest. All of these "what ifs" sound like a damn Marvel cartoon bruh. It's about "What IS".
him being the youngest doesn't take away from him being the one that was born for that role

single minded nature naturally obsessive in a way none of his siblings were

y'all not really arguing with me HA