Is R&B singer Tank speaking facts? “Chris Brown is better than Michael Jackson”

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
First off, this nikka Tank ain't slick with sliding himself as being of similar talent and importance as Michael Jackson, Chris Brown, and Usher.

But, his argument makes sense depending on how old you are. You gotta remember that for a LOT of people, Michael Jackson is effectively nothing more than a legend that people who are currently middle aged and older tell them about. The height of his career was in the 80s. Thats 40 years ago, brehs. And while his career continued into the 90s and 2000s, the allegations against him and general weirdness around him definitely make the latter period a bit muted. Additionally, for some people, Michael Jackson's legacy is complicated, and celebrating his catalog is a bit of a challenge.

For a lot of the people having this argument, Chris Brown is far more present as being part of their lives, and for better or worse, the fukkery around Chris Brown is easier for them to overlook than Michael Jackson's. So, for people like that, I can see how they could come to the conclusion that Chris Brown is better. I disagree, but I understand.

Tank is 48. He knows, he just loves kissing up to Chris Brown and being a hot take whore for the shaderoom crowd

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Better dancer than Mike,Id probably give him that. But everything else:comeon:?

And im not even a Michael Jackson fan like that. But he had a few songs that make you understand people passing out:wow:
yeah he would ... all mike had in his arsenal was the mick jaggar strut... and the robot

mike ducked hammer....he could pull that shyt with prince.. but hammer called em out and dissed em with the glove...

hammer today vs chris would be a battle id like to see...

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
That's some revisionist bullshyt and have the nerve to call it evolution...MJ been a star since 5 yrs old and has done more behind the scenes than most casual listeners know. It's not even worth discussing and I doubt Chris Brown would co sign the copious amount of glazing Tank is showcasing here.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Btw, MJ was only on Motown from ages 10-17. All of his classic solo work was years after he left. So you could make that case for Jackson 5 maybe, but that’s it
that's an amazing education in the craft

his classic solo work was built on the reps put in during the motown run

other children were in the school house doing what children do mj was getting his masters in pop stardom

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA

other children were in the school house doing what children do mj was getting his masters in pop stardom

That’s true, plus the talent he was born with and Joes belt

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I love both of them, so I enjoy useless conversations of who's better than the other lol

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
CB is a dancer who sings
Usher is a singer who Dances
MJ is the embodiment of a singer and a dancer
cb is a colonizer of trends ...who tries to sing...

usher is a singer who looks like a dope dancing

mj is a singer...with prehstoric moves...

hammer they cant touch...

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Last Chris Brown album I listened to sounded like 48 versions of the same boring song
I see no facts, chief

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

I’m not sure where you’re going with this. Everyone on Motown had the same access. With that I could see someone taking that and becoming a viable superstar but necessarily a “Michael Jackson”

If that makes sense

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
cb is a colonizer of trends ...who tries to sing...

usher is a singer who looks like a dope dancing

mj is a singer...with prehstoric moves...

hammer they cant touch...
Hammer depended on “hip hop” as a dance genre almost completely. He wasn’t as unique or as versatile as mj

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
I’m not sure where you’re going with this. Everyone on Motown had the same access. With that I could see someone taking that and becoming a viable superstar but necessarily a “Michael Jackson”

If that makes sense
in that era signing & developing from youth was not rare that's true

that era had a ridiculous wealth of talent

mj was a combination of a early start & singular obsessive focus like i said