Bruno Mars is Everything Chris Brown Should've Been

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Regurgitating after bitin' ain't bringin' that classic feel back.
Buddy is a cover artist.
Yall confuse me bro. Noone out there is making that kind of classic music on a major scale and we all keep crying how we wish somebody would. Bruno drops classic throwback songs and you complain about it. Breh had 24k Magic at the top of the charts, a 90s song. Breh had Leave the Door Open everywhere, a 70s throwback and you wasn't feeling that?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Regurgitating after bitin' ain't bringin' that classic feel back.
Buddy is a cover artist.
I guess thats my thing about Bruno.

I think he’s talented and makes good music, but his shyt sounds like something ive heard from someone else before. Some people call that “inspired” or “inspiration” while some people call it biting.

Not saying the songs arent dope though. But you know what you're getting with CB. If it’s not a banger-type song it’s a love song for females… both good in certain situations.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think he’s talented and makes good music, but his shyt sounds like something ive heard from someone else before. Some people call that “inspired” or “inspiration” while some people call it biting.

Not saying the songs arent dope though. But you know what you're getting with CB. If it’s not a banger-type song it’s a love song for females… both good in certain situations.
His music doesn't sound too different from other current "r&b" club music singers

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Bruno makes fun music

That matters more than anything else.

Chris Brown is a fukking gangbanger wannabe and a loser

The only time you hear about him is some shyt outside of music, he's out of style like belts with the LED on em.
Bout to put this on my dating app profile let's see how provocative of a statement it really is :ohlawd:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Bland, predictable, formulaic. Pop with no edge. He sounded like AI on that silk sonic record. Just an approximation of what soul music is. Way too polished no grit.
The thing with Bruno is, yes his records sound that way. But the live performances are where he shines. The records have more soul and creativity when he goes on tour.

That show he did at the Apollo was incredible.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Yall confuse me bro. Noone out there is making that kind of classic music on a major scale and we all keep crying how we wish somebody would. Bruno drops classic throwback songs and you complain about it. Breh had 24k Magic at the top of the charts, a 90s song. Breh had Leave the Door Open everywhere, a 70s throwback and you wasn't feeling that?
You know why nobody is making that kind of classic music? It already happened.
We don't really want throwbacks, we already got throwbacks... they better compared to a new artist doin' that old style.

I wasn't feelin' Leave the Door Open because I was bumpin' The Delfonics, The Dramatics, The O'jays, The Spinners, Main Ingredient... why listen to a 70s throwback, when I can listen to 70s music? Goin' back don't require creative effort.

You want a 90s sound or a 70s sound?
The studio gear and instruments from those eras still exist.
You can use presets if you can't find the gear.
It's nostalgic low-hanging fruit for the pop charts and the zeitgeist dikk ridin' music they wasn't really feelin' until the last fifteen years because it became a vibe and an aesthetic.

:francis: :francis: :francis:
Bruno Mars part of the problem, because this version of Bruno Mars wasn't about to move units after 2010... see the bolded.

24K Magic is his third album. He was ridin' waves on what was sellin' because he a pop star, he drops what's already hot at the time or what the label thinks will sell based on current music trends. The A&R at Atlantic are responsible for that kind of classic music on a major scale you talkin' 'bout. Bruno is a factor, but he contractually obligated to release what the label thinks will sale based on current trends and the sales of the last album cycle iirc.
That's the music business in a nutshell.

Bruno Mars serve the same purpose, but Breezy doin' somethin' fresh for the most part. They both pop stars, but this:

Fresher than anything BM lately dropped 'cause Breezy stayin' up to date with the musical trends of now not yesteryear.

giphy.gif

Breezy for the win
Breezy a scumbag but he takin' risks droppin' new music to push the culture forward, not recyclin' the aesthetic of old records and playin' it safe.

:manny::manny::manny:

He a swagger jacker and a biter. If he was droppin' somethin' like this:

Or this:

I would take my foot off the gas, but he ain't.

Breezy and nem flipped a Guy sample and the shyt was fresh:

C'mon... free da guys, y'all trippin'.

:ohlawd:
I want you to take me serious

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You know why nobody is making that kind of classic music? It already happened.
We don't really want throwbacks, we already got throwbacks... they better compared to a new artist doin' that old style.

I wasn't feelin' Leave the Door Open because I was bumpin' The Delfonics, The Dramatics, The O'jays, The Spinners, Main Ingredient... why listen to a 70s throwback, when I can listen to 70s music? Goin' back don't require creative effort.

You want a 90s sound or a 70s sound?
The studio gear and instruments from those eras still exist.
You can use presets if you can't find the gear.
It's nostalgic low-hanging fruit for the pop charts and the zeitgeist dikk ridin' music they wasn't really feelin' until the last fifteen years because it became a vibe and an aesthetic.

:francis: :francis: :francis:
Bruno Mars part of the problem, because this version of Bruno Mars wasn't about to move units after 2010... see the bolded.

24K Magic is his third album. He was ridin' waves on what was sellin' because he a pop star, he drops what's already hot at the time or what the label thinks will sell based on current music trends. The A&R at Atlantic are responsible for that kind of classic music on a major scale you talkin' 'bout. Bruno is a factor, but he contractually obligated to release what the label thinks will sale based on current trends and the sales of the last album cycle iirc.
That's the music business in a nutshell.

Bruno Mars serve the same purpose, but Breezy doin' somethin' fresh for the most part. They both pop stars, but this:

Fresher than anything BM lately dropped 'cause Breezy stayin' up to date with the musical trends of now not yesteryear.

giphy.gif

Breezy for the win
Breezy a scumbag but he takin' risks droppin' new music to push the culture forward, not recyclin' the aesthetic of old records and playin' it safe.

:manny::manny::manny:

He a swagger jacker and a biter. If he was droppin' somethin' like this:

Or this:

I would take my foot off the gas, but he ain't.

Breezy and nem flipped a Guy sample and the shyt was fresh:

C'mon... free da guys, y'all trippin'.

:ohlawd:
I want you to take me serious

Nah

Just say you’re a Chris Brown fan

No thesis needed

But that Guy video was genius

:banderas: