Bruno Mars is Everything Chris Brown Should've Been

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
A lot of people would’ve called F.A.M.E a classic after a super push in 2011 had it not been for the incident.

That said, Bruno has always made hit pop music. Even when Chris Brown was at his peak he was a big name.

I don’t think their success takes one away from the other though. Chris Brown simply dismantled his own shyt up by taking away the potential hits he could’ve had playing the squeaky clean MJ card. I’m pretty sure F.A.M.E had some of those songs to follow-up “Forever”, but dude and his camp knew shyt was over for that lane.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I’ll say this too, due to the catalog, there’s a high likely chance Future would’ve still dropped bangers and change the cultural landscape.

At that point Chris Brown by 2014 would’ve been looked at as being “too safe” and corny for that act. The musical demographic/style of the 2010’s actually gave Chris Brown a lane to play the last decade. I still remember when Young Thug called dude a “try hard” during one of the challenges after he busted out a dance routine when doing one of those viral memes.

Got to always account for the culture and times as a whole. Mid 2010’s I don’t think folks wanted to see a squeaky clean performer. Bruno not really leaning into that mega-superstar role I still think could’ve played that 24K Magic card and it would’ve launched the same because he was never front and center cheesing.

Think of how people really got tired of T-Pain during the early 2010’s or how Omarion got clowned for all them spins. Everyone says they would’ve wanted something, but would they have really?

Especially in 2024 these "soft", bubble gum acts are a hard sell.

Everyone says they want an MJ right now, but truth is I don't think men want that positive music, especially when it comes to songs about women.

Last edited:

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Nah

Just say you’re a Chris Brown fan

No thesis needed

But that Guy video was genius

:banderas:
Yeaaah...

You know why you're wrong?

There was a black artist doing damn near the same thing Bruno Mars is doing until his third album.
Who?

Then he changed up...

But keep lettin' them people repackage your culture to get your coin 'cause issa vibe.

tumblr_niqsbzzrxY1qiohboo2_400.gif

• Sad
Reactions: TEH