Is R&B singer Tank speaking facts? “Chris Brown is better than Michael Jackson”

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
This is clearly clout chasing and click bait it doesnt warrant a serious response

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Another difference between CB and MJ when it comes to dancing is that CB doesn't create dance, he's just better than everyone else at doing what they do. MJ created dances, and was far more polished with already established moves than everyone else.
you gotta study what mj studied to see what he was building on*

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
better is a matter of preference

more is a matter of fact

that's just down to time HA

raw talent is coming out of the bush in virginia damn near ready to market

mj was poured into from the start he is the child of showbusiness a refined talent

i am not elevating cb over mj he will never get close to mj accomplishments or legacy in entertainment

folks are just stunned at how cb came into the business after the artist development model basically died in his early teens & had everything he had

that shyte ain't regular that's like a child being a autodidact reaching a masters level in whatever subject then jumping into academia

what if stories draw the imagination & cb is a big time case of that

if he was born in a era with sufficient producers songwriters if he was properly raised & groomed in professional showbusiness etcetera etcetera etcetera

folks get defensive soon as they see cb name put next to mj name & nothin disrespectful is really being said HA

Son MJ came straight out the gutter of Gary Indiana at like 9 years old with a phenomenal voice and ready to go as well. U buggin tf brodie. Add to the fact that there was no MJ before MJ. No frame of reference for what they had with him. And the talent pool he was competing with was FAR deeper. Just vocally alone. MJ was one of a kind to the point they used to try to find singers to imitate him. Tevin Campbell got signed based on the fact he sounded like a young MJ. Chris doesn't have the vocal range. He doesn't have the catalog. He doesn't have the dancing and originality either. There's like ZERO signature Chris Brown moves u can pull from. I'm annoyed I'm even entertaining this conversation cause this is a fukking joke. MJ had like 3 primes. U buggin tf out right now. There's no logic to this argument at all. If Chris didn't dance. These 2 wouldn't even be compared because their careers trajectories are completely different. They don't sound alike. Don't dance alike. Nothing. Chris can't even see Usher vocally or musically.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
He's not a better singer than Michael

Not that I think Michael is a vocal god, but Chris is one of the og struggle singers that paved ways for the struggle singers we have today
cb not disciplined with his voice

drinking smoking just treating his instrument crazy

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Son MJ came straight out the gutter of Gary Indiana at like 9 years old with a phenomenal voice and ready to go as well. U buggin tf brodie. Add to the fact that there was no MJ before MJ. No frame of reference for what they had with him. And the talent pool he was competing with was FAR deeper. Just vocally alone. MJ was one of a kind to the point they used to try to find singers to imitate him. Tevin Campbell got signed based on the fact he sounded like a young MJ. Chris doesn't have the vocal range. He doesn't have the catalog. He doesn't have the dancing and originality either. There's like ZERO signature Chris Brown moves u can pull from. I'm annoyed I'm even entertaining this conversation cause this is a fukking joke. MJ had like 3 primes. U buggin tf out right now.
you can choose not to engage if you are annoyed

it's all good

HA

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
cb not disciplined with his voice

drinking smoking just treating his instrument crazy

Chris has NEVER had the voice MJ had. Even with Run It. Not even close. Any vocal coach or teacher would tell u the same thing. It has nothing to do with smoking. He ain't ever had a phenomenal voice like that.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
as i said mj was the frankenstein

being on motown meant direct access to all the greats the ones signed to motown & everyone else

mj had james brown jackie wilson all the prototypes of song & dance every record every recorded performance right there available to download into his brain

that and dedicated mentorship it was no accident or miracle that he was what he was

people make fun of the jackson brothers but it's funny measure them up against what is going on now they all got enough pedigree to outperform whoever

mj was the most focused the most dedicated of his brothers and that showed but they were all professionals

the business made it work in spite of joe jacksons fukkery & really peep the life stories of the past eras stars you will see having joe jackson for a father ain't even the worse you can go through on your way to the stage

if cb had that eras model of show business he'd have reached more of his potential

they were doing way worse than cb in every way back then it was normal doing women wrong & getting high was a part of the job HA

a lot of the old heads were closer to being criminals than the big blood bhris brown HA

I think maybe the insulting part is calling MJ Frankenstein. Who was just a bunch of dead pieces of other people put together. MJ was inspiree by legends,but did what they did better. He actually is what Tank is describing Chris Brown as. He evolved what those he took from did prior. MJ literally actualized that without question. Chris Brown is moreso a Frankenstein figure. He is a a bunch of pieces of different artist put together. Can I really say he "evolved" what any of them did or did it better? Outside of dancing I can not. And even with dancing,i feel a Bobby and Ginuwine wouldve given him a run for his money,but he gets the edge. Most of that just being dancing has evolved alot. But not as if CB was the one evolving it really. Michael was an evolution of his parts. Dont really feel that way about Chris Brown. We can talk about what ifs of course,but what if R Kelly came up in Motown and had dance instructors:mjlol:

And lastly,you cant act like those collaboraters all found MJ. Part of having a good ear for music is being able to pick good music and good sounds/melody. MJ wasnt just some creation made by the label being gifted good music and hits.

But overall i like your point about his potential. But you could just make these "what if" arguments for so mant people is the problem.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Chris has NEVER had the voice MJ had. Even with Run It. Not even close. Any vocal coach or teacher would tell u the same thing. It has nothing to do with smoking. He ain't ever had a phenomenal voice like that.
having a phenomenal voice is not required to have a career HA

he definitely could take better care of what he has

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
having a phenomenal voice is not required to have a career HA

he definitely could take better care of what he has

But ur comparing him to someone who DID have a phenomenal voice. Ur the one who said he had more raw talent than MJ. There's nothing that Chris does or has done to prove that my guy. Lol.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
But ur comparing him to someone who DID have a phenomenal voice. Ur the one who said he had more raw talent than MJ. There's nothing that Chris does or has done to prove that my guy. Lol.

different people have a different definition of phenomenal HA

when i say raw talent i am not saying more talent or better ultimately simply cb came to the business with very little professional preparation but he still had it

like i said he came out the va bush damn near ready

the music business was done building artists

you were not supposed to see anything like cb after let's say usher because usher was the last act developed really taken from youth & schooled for professional performance

cb just came and said hey i can do that & they were shocked because he wasn't their product so to speak

tank like many performers have love for cb because they understand how ridiculous his existence is

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
different people have a different definition of phenomenal HA

when i say raw talent i am not saying more talent or better ultimately simply cb came to the business with very little professional preparation but he still had it

like i said he came out the va bush damn near ready

the music business was done building artists

you were not supposed to see anything like cb after let's say usher because usher was the last act developed really taken from youth & schooled for professional performance

cb just came and said hey i can do that & they were shocked because he wasn't their product so to speak

tank like many performers have love for cb because they understand how ridiculous his existence is

What professional preparation did MJ have as an 8 year old vs Chris as a 16 year old? And MJ was from a worse hood too.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
What professional preparation did MJ have as an 8 year old vs Chris as a 16 year old? And MJ was from a worse hood too.
house-party-belt.gif