Is R&B singer Tank speaking facts? “Chris Brown is better than Michael Jackson”

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First off, this nikka Tank ain't slick with sliding himself as being of similar talent and importance as Michael Jackson, Chris Brown, and Usher.

But, his argument makes sense depending on how old you are. You gotta remember that for a LOT of people, Michael Jackson is effectively nothing more than a legend that people who are currently middle aged and older tell them about. The height of his career was in the 80s. Thats 40 years ago, brehs. And while his career continued into the 90s and 2000s, the allegations against him and general weirdness around him definitely make the latter period a bit muted. Additionally, for some people, Michael Jackson's legacy is complicated, and celebrating his catalog is a bit of a challenge.

For a lot of the people having this argument, Chris Brown is far more present as being part of their lives, and for better or worse, the fukkery around Chris Brown is easier for them to overlook than Michael Jackson's. So, for people like that, I can see how they could come to the conclusion that Chris Brown is better. I disagree, but I understand.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
This the same nıgga that said participating in a gay act and not liking it doesn't make you gay.

Y'all not serious right? :coffee:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
First off, this nikka Tank ain't slick with sliding himself as being of similar talent and importance as Michael Jackson, Chris Brown, and Usher.

But, his argument makes sense depending on how old you are. You gotta remember that for a LOT of people, Michael Jackson is effectively nothing more than a legend that people who are currently middle aged and older tell them about. The height of his career was in the 80s. Thats 40 years ago, brehs. And while his career continued into the 90s and 2000s, the allegations against him and general weirdness around him definitely make the latter period a bit muted. Additionally, for some people, Michael Jackson's legacy is complicated, and celebrating his catalog is a bit of a challenge.

For a lot of the people having this argument, Chris Brown is far more present as being part of their lives, and for better or worse, the fukkery around Chris Brown is easier for them to overlook than Michael Jackson's. So, for people like that, I can see how they could come to the conclusion that Chris Brown is better. I disagree, but I understand.
Chris ain't even on Usher's level. This is a joke. Lol.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
This is classic click bait bullshyt and we all fell for it
anyway no one before or since has had this kind of impact on people worldwide
and he did it before the internet and social media
FOH

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
*didn’t read thread*

Tank is a bag of chit, just like his music is.
I can’t believe muthafuccas and muthafucc-ettes be pumping him up.
I highkey stopped listening to music for a period after I bought the TRAVESTY that was tha TGT album.
I wish he would just leave

TMBlue

Pro
Daps
him being the youngest doesn't take away from him being the one that was born for that role

single minded nature naturally obsessive in a way none of his siblings were

y'all not really arguing with me HA

MJs mother begged Joe to put MJ in thr group because he was a naturally gifted vocalist. Back in those days, you had to already know how to sing your ass off to get signed.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
better raw talent

way worse mentorship & musical upbringing

if bhris had the motown machine shaping him & feeding him the level of work mj was getting it wouldn't sound as crazy

cb just born in a era where the level of collaborators is not what it was in mj's era

he's out there just throwing shyte out

Btw, MJ was only on Motown from ages 10-17. All of his classic solo work was years after he left. So you could make that case for Jackson 5 maybe, but that’s it

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chris ain't even on Usher's level. This is a joke. Lol.

I agree. I'd say if you were to rank them, it'd be Michael Jackson, Usher, and then Chris Brown. Michael Jackson was music I listened to as a small child, Usher was middle school and high school, and Chris Brown came along after that. So, while I do enjoy (now that I'm thinking about it) a lot of Chris Brown's music, I just don't have the same connection with it as I do for the former two.

But you gotta understand, for a lot of people making this argument, it's the other way around. For them, for better or worse, Chris Brown has been there for them musically for most of their lives, and continues to put out music for them to connect with. Michael Jackson to them, is the random old R&B and funk bands out parents used to tell us were the shyt, but we just couldn't quite connect with. Again, the argument is all kinds of wrong, but if you have one guy who literally can't pop out to remind yo how great he was, another guy who shows up every few years with mostly mid, and a guy that's giving you exactly what you ask for and expect for 20 years, it's easy to see how they came to the conclusion.