Bruno Mars is Everything Chris Brown Should've Been

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I’m being 1000% serious… I question people’s musical taste if they tell me they don’t like Bruno Mars

That man is extremely talented and can make a good ass song
I said in my previous post is my musical taste the shyt Bruno biting.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I guess I see your point

Chris’s legal troubles probably hurt his chances to be diverse. Even though I ultimately disagree, I do agree with some things and think his career couldve been bigger if situations had changed

Daps
Yup.

Even tho folks will say Bruno’s music is ehhh, there’s more than enough soul in it and he can sell to a pop audience.

But this is more about the career arc

Bruno is a damn worker on the stage and behind the scenes and always delivers. He can pivot from project to project and come with a different theme each time and a different sound.

His fans are growing with him and the little bit of trouble he has gotten it hasn’t derailed his progress.

Chris crashed out for the hell of it at the apex of his life and threw away a billionaire bītch because he couldn’t keep his cool — regardless of the provocation.

That new school Bobby Brown vibe is retarded because his bozo went well beyond any kind of fųckery Bobby got into
Helps that Whitney was known as giving as good as she got. Bobby was wild but she could be do. She just had better PR and understood how to present herself better.

Rihanna didn't have the (negative) rep of Whitney so CB beating her, blew up into a much bigger story than anyone would have thought. Dude is still paying for that while she rode that shyt to generational wealth.

Always wondered how things would be different if the incident never happened.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Might be a controversial opinion but not to me. Allow me to preface by saying I am a big fan of both. Been fukking with Chris since 05. Became a Bruno fan back in 2011. When you line their careers up side by side, it's crazy how much success Bruno has had compared to Chris.

Look at it like this, physically, they both pass the ":mjpls:" box. Chris being a light skinned breh and Bruno being racially ambiguous. They both can pull off ANY look. Chris can be a regular breh then pop into his blonde hair then pull out some red hair or that Mexican looking shyt he had in the Heat video.
Same with Bruno. He could look like a younger Mike ala Locked outta Heaven video. He can look Hispanic, latino like in the Please Me video. He can look like a mixed breh too. They are both very dynamic physically which bodes well in the pop music scene.

Vocally, Bruno is the superior singer but they both occupy that high tenor range that dominates popular music: MJ, Freddie Mercury, Weeknd, Sam Smith, Bieber, Harry Styles, Bryson Tiller etc.

Dancing wise, it depends on your taste. Chris is a freestyle, athletic dancer. Bruno is more pop locky, grounded. But Chris is the superior dancer. He's just more technically sound.

Musically, Brunos discography completely wipes out Chris'. Chris epitomizes quantity over quality whereas Bruno is the exact opposite. Bruno just doesn't make bad music. No matter what the genre. His music always hits.

Chris is just as talented but his catalog is hit or miss. When it hits, he got some bangers. But the majority of his catalog is not that good. Same with his albums. Just alot of okayish songs with 2-3 good ones.

Evolution. A Bruno song from 2012 would not sound the same as a Bruno song from today. Chris Browns sound is ultimately unchanged for the most part. Not saying he's not diverse musically because he is but his sound has not really evolved in his adult years. I feel he's not that creative anymore or his producers aren't.

Bruno gave us Doowops and Hooligans, your standard pop album. Then Unorthodox Jukebox which mirrored some 50s/60s/70s music. Then jumped to 24K Magic which gave us 80s/90s cuts. Then mf Silk Sonic came thru and crushed the buildings. He's always experimenting with his sound and music and I appreciate that.

I really feel like Brunos career should've been Breezys. CB shouldve been a pop megastar but he never reached that level. He got stuck in that r&b sometimes pop lane. He never really crossed over.

Bruno is closer to MJ than Chris. Quality albums. Quality music and performance wise, Bruno puts on a better stage show than Chris. His Silk Sonic concert in Vegas is still the best concert I've ever been to.

Bruno also has had access to every top tier producer and co writers his entire career . Chris had to climb up the hard way after his incident with Rihanna. Which was his fault.

That incident forced Chris into a bad boy role and even if that's who he truly is, he had no more opportunities to go the true pop route afterwards.

Bruno can play around in pop, play around in r&b, play around in hip-hop tracks.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Bruno is a better singer.

Chris is more talented overall but that doesn't always translate into making good music and commercial success. There are millions of artists that can sing/dance/play guitar in circles around Taylor Swift....but that doesn't mean shyt.

Bruno isn't MJ but he's the closest I've seen in my almost 40 years. Bruno just makes music that's fun to listen to. Shyt is catchy. That's a gift that you can't teach.
I don't think so. It's Bruno.

-Bruno is one of the best singers on the planet. Chris is not a true singer.
-While Chris is obviously the better dancer, Bruno can dance too.
-Bruno can play piano, guitar, bass and percussion. Chris does not play any instruments.

Bruno also really knows how to put songs together. Song structure. Especially with other people. When to harmonize, when to blend voices/sing in unison, when to seek the high note, when to make his voice or the harmonizing more powerful/stronger, etc. I don't think Chris can do that by himself.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
What type of music you like breh?
Let's see... Michael Jackson, the Gap Band, Prince, New Edition, James Brown, Cameo, Atlantic Starr, Troop,Guy, Usher, Ginuwine, Rick James, The Time. There's a helluva lot more but I'll stop there. But like I said the muhfukkas Bruno biting off.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Yup.

Even tho folks will say Bruno’s music is ehhh, there’s more than enough soul in it and he can sell to a pop audience.

But this is more about the career arc

Bruno is a damn worker on the stage and behind the scenes and always delivers. He can pivot from project to project and come with a different theme each time and a different sound.

His fans are growing with him and the little bit of trouble he has gotten it hasn’t derailed his progress.

Chris crashed out for the hell of it at the apex of his life and threw away a billionaire bītch because he couldn’t keep his cool — regardless of the provocation.

That new school Bobby Brown vibe is retarded because his bozo went well beyond any kind of fųckery Bobby got into

I fukkS WITH BRUNO. HE IS KIND OF POPPY BUT HE DID BRING BACK THAT CLASSIC FEEL TO R&B. SOME PEOPLE NEED TO CHILL. IT WAS GOOD TO HEAR A NEWER ARTIST RESTORE THE FEELING A LIL BIT. IT OPENED THE DOOR TO INTRODUCE SOME OF THAT OLD MUSIC TO THESE YOUNGINS.

I LIKE CHRIS TOO. HE HAS SOME SONGS THAT DON'T GET OLD TO ME.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Let's see... Michael Jackson, the Gap Band, Prince, New Edition, James Brown, Cameo, Atlantic Starr, Troop,Guy, Usher, Ginuwine, Rick James, The Time. There's a helluva lot more but I'll stop there. But like I said the muhfukkas Bruno biting off.
I don't get it then. Bruno makes music similar to the styles of a lot of those guys but you still don't listen to it? You call it biting, I call it paying homage and bringing it back to the forefront.