Is it true BMWs are unreliable?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I was making about ~$45k annually as a restaurant manager, yes.

Now I’m an operating partner on the corporate side and a district manager, so yes it took me up significantly.

The more restaurants you take responsibility for, the more they pay you.

I should’ve been at this amount years ago, but thanks to COVID the hospitality industry slowed down and I stalled.

The rest of the rise of income comes from a small catering business I run.

I knew someone would clown me for my choice, but what it really boils down to is I just like the way the cars look and drive.

I don’t have a wife or kids yet so I don’t really need anything with a whole lot of space.

Not only that but since I’m trying to grow my business I don’t want to spend more than like $60k on a car at this point, anyway.

This is just a little personal reward for myself for the hard work I’ve put in these last few years.

Plus, I’m just a very simple and easily satisfied guy :lolbron:

Breh it's an unwritten rule that a man never goes base model luxury. Hell, sometimes them base model luxury cars feel cheap on the inside.

Even if you simple, you gotta have some performance with that luxury. Like I said, at least go for the M240i.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Yo, so I got a huge promotion at work (basically tripled my income) and this fall when I’m back from vacation I’m going to get a new whip since I can afford something nicer now. :blessed:

Originally I was going to get a Camaro or a Mustang, but I wasn’t really feeling them like that when I saw them and test drove them in person.

I went ahead and test drove a Z4 and a 230i and I’m feeling them both but I’m a little hesitant because I’ve heard that BMW and German cars in general aren’t very reliable.

I already drive a Kia and I’m going to keep it for my day to day use (work, groceries, going to the gym, etc.)

I’d only use my BMW for weekend outings with my girl, the brehs, etc.

Affording the upkeep won’t be an issue either.

But at the same time I’ve heard some serious horror stories and I just wanted to get some firsthand feedback from brehs who own or have owned BMWs.

:salute: in advance
You can prepay for the maintenance and buy extended warranties

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Not sure if it's 🧢 but I recently saw someone claimed BMW was third in reliability now, only behind Toyota and Honda
Some youtuber doing a review of his M340, he mentioned it's the same engine in the Supra but iirc that's still a BMW built engine. That was the whole point of Toyota working with them. Either way outside of the old 335s it's usually not the engine that's the problem, it's all the other expensive ass repairs related to BMW using plastic parts and other issues that sets people back

It was a while ago but I use to have to drive a coworker to pick up his 3 series during our lunch damn near weekly :dead:, every time he was spending like $800+ . Maybe try a lease to see how you like the brand before jumping in hardcore

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
What model, if you don’t mind me asking?

I think have the income to maintain it.

I make about $130,000 annually and my current expenses don’t even add up to more than about $40,000 a year.

So I doubt maintaining it will be an issue.

I’ve just heard horror stories like new BMW owners having issues within a week of owning their car. :why:
Had two bmws since 2016…. No issues

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
My ‘08 335 was a piece of shyt. But when it ran well it was great. That was 10 years ago.

For the most part they’re good. Yes, you will need to stay on top of maintenance as the vehicle ages, especially past 50K miles. They will break. Parts often wear more quickly than cars from other countries(small random parts like suspension bushings, spark plugs, etc). That goes for all German cars. My VWs were the same. Just buy an extended warranty if you plan on keeping it.

I worked for BMW corporate for 4 years so I won’t bullshyt you. Just avoid cars with the N20 and N63(that haven’t been fixed).

Last edited:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Had my 2011 328i since 2010 and with regularly scheduled maintenance I've never had many problems. I'm having them now though, and about to send it to the graveyard and get a brand new one next yr. Probably another 328i too it'll be my 3rd one since 07

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Had my 2011 328i since 2010 and with regularly scheduled maintenance I've never had many problems. I'm having them now though, and about to send it to the graveyard and get a brand new one next yr. Probably another 328i too it'll be my 3rd one since 07
Why not a g20?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Why not something more reliable???:mjgrin: