Is it true BMWs are unreliable?

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cause like I said in one of the previous posts, I’ve heard some horror stories about owners having to do repairs on new ones they’ve had for like a week.

But if from your experience that ain’t true then you’re right. :yeshrug:
Nah instances like that are usually one-off, probably factory assembly errors because you’ll definitely hear about any powertrain recalls in the news. & like I said when buying new you have the confidence of their warranty for a few years.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Former BMW owner (E39 540i)
  • Regular maintenance is not cheap.
  • Repairs are not cheap. Parts and Labor are not cheap
  • Electronics on most models are mad suspect
  • If you have a house and garage and you are handy - the older models are very doable
  • New models - harder and harder to fix with more electronics
I wouldn't buy another one without having a daily driver - Toyota/Lex/Honda/Acura in the garage.

All that said, I do want to get another one in the future though..

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Appreciate the feedback.

Will probably go through with a BMW or a Lexus.

Personally think the Lexus kinda look ugly online, but I thought the same of some of the BMWs until I saw them in person at the dealership.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Appreciate the feedback.

Will probably go through with a BMW or a Lexus.

Personally think the Lexus kinda look ugly online, but I thought the same of some of the BMWs until I saw them in person at the dealership.
Why not go for the acura tlx type S?

BMW the WOAT European car. Anytime I see em on the road, I turn my defensive driving instincts up to 10.
lmao. I be feelin like an F1 driver on the road. Done smoked so many pretenders out there :wow: :banderas:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I

i would say hit or miss than anything. Ive seen a lot of ppl with old models.

i knew this girl who had a 2006 X5 only big problem shes had with it was battery. She bought a 2018 3 series last year.

I'm sure you will find a few diamonds in the rough that will last if maintained but that's besides the point if the mass lot of them have catastrophic failures just doing mundane shyt like driving...:mjlol: that's why their reliability reputation is trash...I mean compared to Japanese cars it's no comparison

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I'm sure you will find a few diamonds in the rough that will last if maintained but that's besides the point if the mass lot of them have catastrophic failures just doing mundane shyt like driving...:mjlol: that's why their reliability reputation is trash...I mean compared to Japanese cars it's no comparison
her car got 220K about rn lol