If Trump were to win how will things be any different/worse for black people?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i will say this, assuming that trump gets into the white house. which isnt gonna happen

he's a reality star and a narcissist, who wants to appeal to as many people as possible. so if he got the white house, he's gonna do things that the most amount of people will like him for. he doesnt give a fukk about a party, or getting re-elected, or any of that bullshyt

so yeah he threw a lot of red meat to white racists, because he wanted to win that nomination. if he actually got the white house, he'll be looking to do things that the majority of people will approve of

i dont want this dude in the white house. all things considered i'd probbaly prefer hillary, although she hasnt earned my vote. but this is just an observation :ehh: if this dude became president of the entire country, hes not gonna be looking to appeal to just the far right

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
worse..
there will be a large group of people who feel even more justified in their mistreatment of black people + other minorities.

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
Could you imagine the damage Trump would do with a Republican Congress and Senate? Look, I get it, a lot of people feel that President Obama underdelivered on a lot of his promises and that Black people are worse off now than 8 years (which is arguable even in this current climate) but in short it can get a shytload worse, because Trump will essentially give law enforcement the power to be judge, jury and executioner, on top of that he will provide an open platform for White Supremacists because Trump will have proven that they are politically viable in a way they haven't in 50 years and that shytstorm will roll downhill into your local/state government.

Exactly

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
If Trump wins then he'll get to select at least two Supreme Court Justices and shift the court far to the right. And that'll affect the country for decades.

why 2?
is there one on the brink of death?

not that even matters, even picking the vacant spot right now as a conservative will shift a lot of rulings

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
why 2?
is there one on the brink of death?

not that even matters, even picking the vacant spot right now as a conservative will shift a lot of rulings

Well, I wouldn't say "Brink of Death" but a few of them are pretty old and thus likely to retire within the next four years.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 83 and Anthony Kennedy is 80, so it's likely that at least one (and maybe both) will retire relatively soon. I think Breyer is pushing 80 as well. Considering that there's already one spot, that means the next president could easily have up to three Supreme Court picks.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
If Trump wins then he'll get to select at least two Supreme Court Justices and shift the court far to the right. And that'll affect the country for decades.

This is the only convincing argument I've seen here as to why you should vote for Hillary., other than that she's just as trash as Trump is.

If she does win and ends up revitalizing the Prison Industry..., you cats callng people 'dumb" for not supporting her are going to look pretty f-cking stupid yourselves.

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
It can get worse. Way worse. It's all tied into Trumps rhetoric and his slogan "Make America Great Again". Study Amerikkkan history please. Then you understand why that shyt is so dangerous for us. Police firing on nikkas is the least. :mindblown:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just gonna break it down simple because its interesting how people think the president doesn't effect their lives.

a.) Supreme court justice appointees. Its coming whether you know it or not. Especially with Obama's nominee getting kicked down the road. Others coming soon.
b.) International diplomacy. This dude ouchea already making people mad. This isn't 1946. No country is self-reliant for anything. There are tens of thousands of foreign products that are made here. Trade imbalances are based on value and will never be even the way Trump is talking. I fear he will make stupid, rash yee haw decisions like Bush and his lumber tariffs that basically killed a housing market that he had already killed. His lack of nuance and finesse scares the hell out of me(and several people in his own party). Like it or not, we're playing 256 games of chess at once. Some are related to others, and some are crazy complicated. Congress is scared because they have interacted with this dude. You should be too.
c.) Lack of experience as politician or public servant vs being a horrible business person. Again, nuance, listening to advisors, taking what actual data says from legit sources. His filter needs to go way up. People listen to this dude for some reason. Just listen to some of his speeches. He has no idea about how policy affects large numbers. You often see this with mayors and rarely with populist governors who just like to speak off the cuff and don't know who to trust or be advised by outside of their PR people. Huge problem with W, though he should have had enough experience for that. Another trust fund, bad business president.
d.) Congressional gridlock. He has made a lot of enemies. Think this is trivial all you want, but this dude will have congress in gridlock if he doesn't start extended some hands. Congress in gridlock is bad for the economy. Bad if you're in the military, bad if you're a federal employee. Bad if any funds or grants at your job come from the fed. Bad if you're a contractor.
e.) Off the cuff racial remarks. Obama was seen as divisive because he is black. This dude has already said more shyt than all the other presidents combined and actually is divisive. That's fine. He could kiss my ass as far as I care. The problem is, people are emboldened by this dude. Don't care if he knows or endorses anyone. Why does David Duke feel like this is time to run? Why are the white supremacist groups following this dude? Because he stoops to the same loud mouth bs that they think is somehow an important trait of leadership. Look at the whole birther movement. This dude fukked with Obama over being a US Citizen and a Muslim and people believed this dude, still to this day. Like seriously.
f.) I know this is inconsequential in some minds, but I think my experience in the public and private sector say otherwise. He is downright embarrassing to the image of this country. That will come down to trust from hard fought allies. He's already accused other countries as being latchers on or not paying their share. He's already(just like Bush) shown to have no idea how the VISA system works and will have the next president and congress having to undue REAL foreign policy mistakes. This is a pivotal time as far as foreign relations go and this dude just may kill us in that regard.

Did I mention black in that once? Nope, because is it really that different for a black person when it comes to black issues? Bernie would have the same issues with congress on some of his social policies. Be real about that. The real problem is, he is bad for the country as a whole unless he gets in there and pulls the okie doke. Somehow his history of no nuance, filter, horrible business practice, bankruptcies and complete manipulation of the tax system, etc, etc. This dude is a TV character. We look like Idiocracy for real up in here.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
And how will that effect Black people? You said "more of the same" without actually believing more of the same. You feel it'll be better for Blacks once Arabs and Mexicans are shown the door? How so?

:jbhmm:
See less mexicans and arabs. Get back those corner stores our parents' failed generation gave away.