Howard University medical school has zero ADOS black men.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I don't think that's a cultural issue though. I grew up in majority AA environments and neither my parents nor any of my buddies' would EVER..EVER let us walk outside the house with a durag on much less go to school with it on. Even if you take whatever the trendy item was when we were in school that would compare then to what a durag is now ........our parents were not going for that shyt.
but that's the thing, it's subtle buck breaking. For alot of these boys going to school is a place where all they hear is "no", "don't", and "stop". It's where you first learn that being yourself is "wrong". Just look at that boy that had his dreads cut off at that wrestling tournament. All the people supposedly on his side couldn't wait to break his spirit, then pat him on the back after. For some, the only place they get encouragement is sports. I completely understand why black men wouldn't want to be in school for all that time to be a doctor.

And i think this is just part of the issue.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Just like when they say lack of women in xxxxx, a lot of it is more about the structural reasons to why women don't apply to xxxxxx and not about the actual institution or company.

When I browse through my linkedin, of my black crowd I see mad communication degrees, general education, journalism and a lot of other similar things. While with my white crowd (which is skewed since I know most of them cause I studied with or professionally) I see mad stem, economics, and law. Similarly Africans have their parents pushing medicine and engineering down their throat since their birth.

The real problem is why this is the case. But people enjoy the populism, they enjoy the simple answers and questions; dumb hashtags and unrealistic and unfounded theories. That keeps them from dealing or thinking about the real and difficult problems and answers in society.

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
If there is discrimination that obviously needs to be addressed.

However, I don't want medicine, of all professions, to lower any kind of standards if applicants just aren't cutting it.

Maybe some folks aren't qualified or their interests are in other areas. There are a lot of medical schools around the country that black Americans attend.

I think we can all agree that we don't need more doctors and researchers who are not qualified out there. China just edited human DNA, tech and science advance very quickly.
I guarantee you an well qualified ADOS male is rare as fukk (primarily due to NUMBERS, not intellect). If a high scoring ADOS males applies, for the most part they'll be accepted with the quickness. However there numbers are very low, unlike black female application rates. Its part of the reason black females are OVERREPRESENTED in medical school, as there are more qualified black female applicants than they're are black males. This has been the case for over 3-4 decades now.

Hell, go to most pre-med programs in schools and black women outnumber black men 3-4:1. Black ADOS males simply aren't big on education. Reasons for this is very complex but it is what it is.

Last edited:

TheCPA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Montreal, Canada
Medical school is the most competitive branch of academia, immigrants in general (Asian and Africans) value education a lot and are prepared to take this challenge that's all. Howard University first mission is to take the best students, they cannot accept lowest grade students just because of the colour of their skin, that's stupid and dangerous. These immigrants children come from a strong conservative family who put education and success first, their family support them and put huge pressure on them to succeed. This is not rocketed science folks, a community with strong conservative values and strong patriarchy will raise strong kids who'll succeed in anything, that's what Asians are doing for centuries and they get it right, Nigerians and Indians are close behind. America is a land of opportunity, that's why we can't put a barrier on people who come in the U.S and are prepared to work hard to succeed, medical school and business will open their arms to them cause that's the kind of mindset they need in the first place, this is not a political science or social work degree we're talking about, medical degree is no joke. ADOS who want to get in and are mentally prepared to do the sacrifice won't have a problem and there's already many of them.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
but that's the thing, it's subtle buck breaking. For alot of these boys going to school is a place where all they hear is "no", "don't", and "stop". It's where you first learn that being yourself is "wrong". Just look at that boy that had his dreads cut off at that wrestling tournament. All the people supposedly on his side couldn't wait to break his spirit, then pat him on the back after. For some, the only place they get encouragement is sports. I completely understand why black men wouldn't want to be in school for all that time to be a doctor.

And i think this is just part of the issue.
I think I hear your overall point. I disagree but now I get your point.
If you're talking about encouragement and the difference between instilling discipline versus breaking a kid's spirit., the school shouldn't be the primary influence. That's actually the problem.

School/church/sports is supposed to reinforce what is already being taught and enforced in the household. I have relatives who are regular active boys. They know the difference between play time and school time though. Following rules in school, or in church isn't them"not being themselves"...it's them knowing and understanding setting appropriate behavior

can you give me a cliff's notes about Black student and dreads?

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:gucci:
This why they need to put foriegners in ORM (over represented minority) and have them compete against the asians. Nikkas less than ten percent of black population. Close to a third of black college graduates and the majority of med school applicants.

Yet they talking cash shyt when they eating off something intended for ADOS. Disgusting:scust:
You're a fukking clown.

Stop being a p*ssy expecting a handout and work bytch. There are NO qualified male ADOS with strong scores not getting into school. And trust me i know because I WORK WITH PRE MED STUDENTS ALL THE TIME. The problem has always been a LOW NUMBER OF qualified ADOS MALE APPLICANTS.

You're a piece of shyt spreading lies and you need to shut the fukk up.

No one wants a doctor treating them without the real scores and qualifications idiot.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Medical school is the most competitive branch of academia, immigrants in general (Asian and Africans) value education a lot and are prepared to take this challenge that's all. Howard University first mission is to take the best students, they cannot accept lowest grade students just because of the colour of their skin, that's stupid and dangerous. These immigrants children come from a strong conservative family who put education and success first, their family support them and put huge pressure on them to succeed. This is not rocketed science folks, a community with strong conservative values and strong patriarchy will raise strong kids who'll succeed in anything, that's what Asians are doing for centuries and they get it right, Nigerians and Indians are close behind. America is a land of opportunity, that's why we can't put a barrier on people who come in the U.S and are prepared to work hard to succeed, medical school and business will open their arms to them cause that's the kind of mindset they need in the first place, this is not a political science or social work degree we're talking about, medical degree is no joke. ADOS who want to get in and are mentally prepared to do the sacrifice won't have a problem and there's already many of them.
Exactly. These p*ssy nikkas spreading lies to get daps. Its disgusting.

I hope these broke nikkas get their government check so they can finally stop attacking other groups. Its disgusting.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I think I hear your overall point. I disagree but now I get your point.
If you're talking about encouragement and the difference between instilling discipline versus breaking a kid's spirit., the school shouldn't be the primary influence. That's actually the problem.

School/church/sports is supposed to reinforce what is already being taught and enforced in the household. I have relatives who are regular active boys. They know the difference between play time and school time though. Following rules in school, or in church isn't them"not being themselves"...it's them knowing and understanding setting appropriate behavior

can you give me a cliff's notes about Black student and dreads?

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukk outta here. The main point of this fakkit's AM post is to show the lack of ADOS at Howard is the result of some sort of conspiracy caused by African and Carribean immigrants. fukk this nikka for this hateful bullshyt

I do agree though that Tone is problematic. I think both sides can rock with Yvette more. But I don’t know why everyone doesn’t see more often that Tone is an egomaniac. He is doing this for his own self interest
Breh this ADOS women is killing these immigrants in the comment section...:banderas:

It’s so pathetic that as soon as we all click the tweet and scroll down the very first person c00ning is an African man. I mean you can’t make this up

I wonder if he showing as much energy about the Chinese coming through and knocking up the African women?