Going on my first date in 5 years and my 2nd in my entire life tomorrow. Any advice? UPDATE: :francis:

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
So I went on the date and I royally fukked up:francis:

We met up at the coffeehouse and we ordered some coffee. I tried to pay with cash but the barista said that the place is cashless. I left my card at home and I don't have Google Pay :francis:. So my date ended up paying for both of our drinks:francis:
I tried to pay her back but she insisted that I don't. We sat down and it was a little awkward even though I tried my best to look cool. We talked about concerts, traveling, our friends, and pets since she brought her dog with her. I tried to be funny by referencing SpongeBob but she said she wasn't the biggest fan of the show. Like she knew most of the references but she just wasn't that much into it. She's a fan of Kendrick and hated Drake so they were some commonalities and she fukks with Omar Apollo and went to his concert. But she mixed up ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock when I told her that I went to his concert during the summer.

We went to the record store next door and I tried to show her some of the records I'm into. She was like "that's cool!" She told me me her dad's birthday was coming up and that her dad was into 70s soul music so she got some Bill Withers, Etta James, and Marvin Gaye and I was :ohhh: so I showed her Curtis Mayfield's debut album and she said she didn't recognize any of the songs but she'll check them out. But we were mainly doing our own thing but checking out records separately.

When it was time to go, I didn't knew what was the appropriate goodbye gesture and reached in for a fist bump but she said "let's just hug!" We did and we went our separate ways but I had the :francis: face as I walked toward my car.

I doubt I'm getting a second date

Okay... not terrible. You're just out of practice or, I guess, haven't had any.

You can't expect MLB home runs when you're still playing tee ball.

With that said, hope for the best and prepare for the worst with this one.

Definitely learn from this experience...

- The record shop was a great play. Great way to get conversation going and engage with her. Keep that one in the playbook for future first dates.

- Don't leave your fukking card at home. You always keep money on you in the form of cash AND plastic. This way, you're ready for whatever and don't look like a dingus.

- On the first date, always end with a hug. Always. Don't question it anymore. Go for the damn hug. (This is if you're not getting the panties)

Other than that, not bad :ehh:

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
You gotta keep practicing, you got the 1st one out the way, that was the hard part, now you just repeat then modify your technique until you start getting success :salute:

trapnerd

All Star
Daps
Brah sounds like you need to start dating as many women as possible just to get some practice in. Fat, ugly, one leg, old as fuk… take any woman that will give you the time of day so you can learn how to interact.

Cuz really you are only scratching the surface. If you are scared of a date… imaging the anxiety if you had to start pleasuring them physically.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Call a family member on the phone and practice talking. If it's been this long your people skills might need work

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
You went on a date with just cash? No other backup plan? In 2024? You said you don't have them on Google pay, but you also don't carry around a wallet or something?

And then y'all just kinda did your own things separately in the record store awkwardly?

And then you tried to fist bump her at the end when you're leaving?

Good on you for taking the plunge and getting yourself out there, but take this as a lesson learned and do some reflection. You're better off not doing shyt than trying to fist bump a date.

You may not get a second date but you got a first one and can only grow from here. You're still young but you may want to get a little more prepared and confident about things. Made some fine moves but with horrible executions.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I do have autism
Well you are never going to be able to read the non verbal communication anyways, so you may as well be upfront. Just don't beg, or question why if she says no. Remember there are all types of different women with different interests, feelings, personalities, etc. Some like fukking on the first date, some don't like any intimacy until knowing someone for a while. Also your not going to be for everyone and everyone won't be for you, don't take rejections to personally, it's literally a stranger.

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
Take a deep breath.
Relax.
Be yourself without trying to hard.
Oh,
Don't, I repeat, don't talk politics.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I went on the date and I royally fukked up:francis:

We met up at the coffeehouse and we ordered some coffee. I tried to pay with cash but the barista said that the place is cashless. I left my card at home and I don't have Google Pay :francis:. So my date ended up paying for both of our drinks:francis:
I tried to pay her back but she insisted that I don't. We sat down and it was a little awkward even though I tried my best to look cool. We talked about concerts, traveling, our friends, and pets since she brought her dog with her. I tried to be funny by referencing SpongeBob but she said she wasn't the biggest fan of the show. Like she knew most of the references but she just wasn't that much into it. She's a fan of Kendrick and hated Drake so they were some commonalities and she fukks with Omar Apollo and went to his concert. But she mixed up ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock when I told her that I went to his concert during the summer.

We went to the record store next door and I tried to show her some of the records I'm into. She was like "that's cool!" She told me me her dad's birthday was coming up and that her dad was into 70s soul music so she got some Bill Withers, Etta James, and Marvin Gaye and I was :ohhh: so I showed her Curtis Mayfield's debut album and she said she didn't recognize any of the songs but she'll check them out. But we were mainly doing our own thing but checking out records separately.

When it was time to go, I didn't knew what was the appropriate goodbye gesture and reached in for a fist bump but she said "let's just hug!" We did and we went our separate ways but I had the :francis: face as I walked toward my car.

I doubt I'm getting a second date

It happens.

You just weren't prepared to roll with the punches. Spontaneity. Once you saw the dog you should have suggested going to a dog park or green space where you could engage/interact with the dog. Once again to take the focus off the interview/interrogation style date formalities and showcase as well as she how she responds.

I knew a broad, I can't sugar coat it she was verbally abusive to her dog. She talked to her dog like it was her enemy and she hated it but she *said she love it. Her behavior showed me she had low tolerances, wasn't patient, was impulsive and quick to anger....needless to say I felt bad for the dog (and I didn't even like dogs)

Jumping back to rolling with the punches and spontaneity once they said cashless you should've hit her with the "I'll get you next time :mjlit: "

Record dates are tough. You have to either have knowledge or experience. Some record stores have a guitar or keyboard, and if you can play one of the other...well you have it in the bag. Otherwise you have to have some knowledge or experience like if you can talk with the worker at the record shop extensively about some music, say a rare record or a classic record...or ask about a book about a band or an artist or a concert (particularly one you know about) they'll say "no, we don't have it" or "I know which one your talking about but we don't have it" or "what's it about?" And you can talk extensively about the band or the music or whatever and have her like :ohhh: . It shows that you can have an indepth conversation, particularly with someone you dont know, clearly articulate your points and references.

Also my advice. Ditch tv and movies, even music. Get into books, real books not comic books or manga. Not for women. Just for you.