Going on my first date in 5 years and my 2nd in my entire life tomorrow. Any advice? UPDATE: :francis:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I hope you got a roster of chicks to fall back on, cuz there ain’t no guarantee you’ll get a 2nd date :manny:

Just go in there and do your thing. Nothing wrong with being a rookie, we all started somewhere.

Life is about trial and error, if you go in there thinking about “I should do this and that”, you only gon hurt yourself when things don’t go as planned. If she fukks with u, cool. If not, well now that you’re used to talking to woman, you can move on to the next chick with a cooler mindset
I also matched with two other women recently so that's not the only one I'm talking to lol. I'm going to go straight in not expecting shyt now so I'll be cool.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I, for some reason, managed to get the balls to ask her out to get some coffee and to check out

I went on only one other date in my life back in 2019. I thought that one went well since I took her to the museum and a couple restaurants and even bought her some jewelry but she completely ghosted me after the date and I never saw her again.
You're cooked....

dating is a damn sport nowadays.....

:mjlol:

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Yea... The "just acting like ur out with the bros" is important for a new guy coming outside.
Because it will help u fake the "I don't give a fck about u and I don't care about ur p*ssy" attitude that u need to actually get a chik to like u or want you some p*ssy.

This works until u actually get more experience with women, and really stop not giving a fck about them. Which is so important for them to actually like u and for them to give u some p*ssy lol

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
Never take relationship advice from Coli brehs :mjlol:
bouta have my man's out here dappin chicks up and calling her bro:martin:
or worse he be guiding his man's through crowds touching the small of his back and paying for drinks:dame:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
So I went on the date and I royally fukked up:francis:

We met up at the coffeehouse and we ordered some coffee. I tried to pay with cash but the barista said that the place is cashless. I left my card at home and I don't have Google Pay :francis:. So my date ended up paying for both of our drinks:francis:
I tried to pay her back but she insisted that I don't. We sat down and it was a little awkward even though I tried my best to look cool. We talked about concerts, traveling, our friends, and pets since she brought her dog with her. I tried to be funny by referencing SpongeBob but she said she wasn't the biggest fan of the show. Like she knew most of the references but she just wasn't that much into it. She's a fan of Kendrick and hated Drake so they were some commonalities and she fukks with Omar Apollo and went to his concert. But she mixed up ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock when I told her that I went to his concert during the summer.

We went to the record store next door and I tried to show her some of the records I'm into. She was like "that's cool!" She told me me her dad's birthday was coming up and that her dad was into 70s soul music so she got some Bill Withers, Etta James, and Marvin Gaye and I was :ohhh: so I showed her Curtis Mayfield's debut album and she said she didn't recognize any of the songs but she'll check them out. But we were mainly doing our own thing but checking out records separately.

When it was time to go, I didn't knew what was the appropriate goodbye gesture and reached in for a fist bump but she said "let's just hug!" We did and we went our separate ways but I had the :francis: face as I walked toward my car.

I doubt I'm getting a second date

Last edited:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Do something engaging/interacting.

Talking and getting a drink, then looking at records and saying goodbye ain't gonna get your hooks into her or get her hooks into.

Either one of you will have to be interesting as fukk or maybe bored as fukk to want to meet up and talk again. No offense.

Do something engaging or something interactive. Mini golf, Dave and busters. Not something so fun that it'll overpower "the date" but fun enough to where you don't have to focus on each other, what you're going to say and all that nervousness and anxiety.

Mini golf is perfect because you can talk about whatever during, then you also get to see how they work and they can see how you work.

Is she someone that tries to do something? Does she focus on her task/objective and move toward it? Does she just give up when/if things are too hard, or she's not good at something, or doesn't know how to do something? If shes never played before does she even want to try or is she not interested, not willing to try new things, stuck in her ways?

You can test out your banter. Is she someone who can take being teased? How does she respond to shyt talking? Does her feelings get hurt? Does she talk shyt back? Does she think your arrogant?

Then after your done you can always talk again and you'll have more information on how they are as a person. And she should have more about you.

It doesn't have to be mini golf. Find something to do. Just meeting up and talking ain't gonna be it.
You ended up being right

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

We met up at the coffeehouse and we ordered some coffee. I tried to pay with cash but the barista said that the place is cashless. I left my card at home and I don't have Google Pay :francis:. So my date ended up paying for both of our drinks:francis:
I tried to pay her back but she insisted that I don't. We sat down and it was a little awkward even though I tried my best to look cool. We talked about concerts, traveling, our friends, and pets since she brought her dog with her. I tried to be funny by referencing SpongeBob but she said she wasn't the biggest fan of the show. Like she knew most of the references but she just wasn't that much into it. She's a fan of Kendrick and hated Drake so they were some commonalities and she fukks with Omar Apollo and went to his concert. But she mixed up ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock when I told her that I went to his concert during the summer.

We went to the record store next door and I tried to show her some of the records I'm into. She was like "that's cool!" She told me me her dad's birthday was coming up and that her dad was into 70s soul music so she got some Bill Withers, Etta James, and Marvin Gaye and I was :ohhh: so I showed her Curtis Mayfield's debut album and she said she didn't recognize any of the songs but she'll check them out. But we were mainly doing our own thing but checking out records separately.

When it was time to go, I didn't knew what was the appropriate goodbye gesture and reached in for a fist bump but she said "let's just hug!" We did and we went our separate ways but I had the :francis: face as I walked toward my car.

:russ:

Honestly though it’s best to just treat all these dates as practice. Build up experience, don’t go into them wit super high expectations especially from online dating. People go on dates 3 times a week off apps, it’s part of the game.

Do it more regularly and it won’t be a big deal

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Forgot to say that she's a registered nurse and I told her that I got a new job as a security guard:snoop:

Last edited:

Genos

Superstar
Daps
Breh you may have autism, just chat it up for a while, throw some jokes, and if you feel like you are hitting it off just ask for a kiss to ease the tension. Some women won't like that but imo it's easier to do that than try to do social cue reading which you may never recognize.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Breh, in 2024 if someone is paying for normal shyt in cash it's assumed they are broke.

Keep that in mind for next time.