Going on my first date in 5 years and my 2nd in my entire life tomorrow. Any advice? UPDATE: :francis:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Good luck and be yourself and listen to none of that weird internet shyt. If she's going on a date with you, it's because she wants to get to know YOU and not some internet persona.:salute:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Don't beat yourself up or think too hard about it if it goes bad and you come off awkward. You just gotta go on more dates to where it gets comfortable.

Last edited:

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Congrats. Don’t buy her jewelry. It’s a mistake and it comes off like you’re desperate or trying to buy her affection. Normal to feel some nerves before you meet them for the first time but play it cool until that goes away. Keep them talking. Listen more than you talk and it’ll be iight.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
Met white girl on dating app - which means she has dozens of choices, and from your post you seem to be ugly gang, which makes me assume she just has a bbc fetish.

You had to beg multiple times for a date, which leads me to believe this is a sympathy/free food venture.

You're also a simp, since you stated on your very first date you've ever been on, you brought your date jewelry.

End well, this will not

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Take genuine interest
"So where do you work? How do you like the job? Oh shyt that's crazy! Yeah true, true, same here, my coworkers can be a headache. You seen that new flick everyone talking about? Aww man I was gonna see that but I missed it. Yeah I'm a big horror guy; is that your favorite sort of movies? Ha ha Yeah I feel you. Yo, check out what's on the TV over there. That's crazy right? What you think? Hahaha! This Puffy situation is wild! Remember how big Bad Boy was back in the day."

Also BE FUNNY. Be Happy to be out with someone.

This.

Main thing is be real. Don't be funny if you are naturally not a funny guy. Don't talk about shyt you aren't interested in/don't care about.

All that faking interest shyt is see through. You can talk 5x more about shyt you are actually interested in than you can shyt you either don't know about or care about.

Hopefully you have enough social experience to gauge when someone is bullshytting you. So don't do that to her. Just be real. Be genuine. Not just to her.

If you are introverted, small talk probably ain't your cup of tea, so don't try to small talk with her to make her feel comfortable. Then you'll be in your head space "what do I say?" "Did I say the right thing?" Etc.

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
Be yourself. Be polite like you would to a someone you just met but don't put on and be extra.

You can always put more of yourself out there later but once you make a bad impression ain't no taking that back lol.

And most importantly, have fun! :salute:

Soda Papi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I hope you got a roster of chicks to fall back on, cuz there ain’t no guarantee you’ll get a 2nd date :manny:

Just go in there and do your thing. Nothing wrong with being a rookie, we all started somewhere.

Life is about trial and error, if you go in there thinking about “I should do this and that”, you only gon hurt yourself when things don’t go as planned. If she fukks with u, cool. If not, well now that you’re used to talking to woman, you can move on to the next chick with a cooler mindset