• Total voters

degu9089

All Star
Daps
EsTTruWUYAMFPr3

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Jamaicans tryna be included in soul food because they know they food ain’t touching the Haïtien cuisine in the carribeans :banderas:
We reign supreme papa :wow:
WOYEEEE OU TANDEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blessed:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Oxtails originated in Jamaica

And I don’t think Jamaican food is soul food but outside of the deep south the soul food spots I see are a mash up of stuff. Modern soul food is more like this guys page

Before this he posted smothered pork chops. Every other post is ‘jerk’ something.

Or like this Jamaican restaurant that serves ‘ados’ mac n cheese next to Jamaican jerk chicken, stew chicken, etc . It’s a lot of overlap diaspora wars are silly and sad

so its a modern fusion spot? i dont think its trying to be a traditional soul soul food eatery

and im gonna need proof on the oxtails origin

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Come on brother man :deadrose:

I don't think that's true.

I won’t even try to ‘prove’ it bc I doubt anyone can, and any mainstream link will just get the :mjpls: but I can assure you how ‘we’ eat oxtail today, originated in Jamaica and/or West Indies .

Oddly enough I remember this article

Tracing ox tails black roots :salute:so they went to a Jamaican restaurant Island Spice Grille :laff:

Last edited:

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
I don't think that's true.
Nah the British has been eating Oxtails, they have oxtail soup from the 1600s or so. American Oxtails are different to Jamaican oxtail with the gap as large as any other iteration; Jamaicans aren’t going to eat the American version at all, it is not the same.
Jamaicans tryna be included in soul food because they know they food ain’t touching the Haïtien cuisine in the carribeans :banderas:
We reign supreme papa :wow:
WOYEEEE OU TANDEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blessed:
But yet, you’re the only one that seems to have mentioned it. :sas2: We’ll call you when it’s your turn.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Nah the British has been eating Oxtails, they have oxtail soup from the 1600s or so. American Oxtails are different to Jamaican oxtail with the gap as large as any other iteration; Jamaicans aren’t going to eat the American version at all, it is not the same.
Came to say this. I make American, Jamaican, and Chinese, they all hit different.

Positive Poster

All Star
Daps
Surely oxtail is just a cut of the cow. Blacks around the world have been eating every part from the tail to even the hooves lol
cow_cuts_with_text_transparent_1100x.png

All this talk about food is making me hungry - insomnia :wow:

Have a blessed week ahead brothers and sisters 😁