• Yes

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 60 90.9%

• Total voters

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Oh goodness not again. Whether it’s true or not, ‘it’s giving’ insecurity and hurt. It’s so desperate constantly groveling over some credit. This is what happens when the culture is led by women. :scust:

And to the actual topic, “ADOS” got some explaining to do. Modern soul food is not your granny’s soul food. I dont see many new age spots selling smothered chicken and chitlins. :beli:Oh but I see a whole lot of jerk Henny Mac n cheese. Jerk douse trap tacos. Jerk Henny wings. Oh and how about the oxtail awakening from earlier in the year :aicmon:

There is a lot of overlap now. And you will ALWAYS end up looking silly trying to seperate black culture from non-Ados influence.

jerk chicken in soul food spots? where did you see this? and oxtails have been a soul food staple.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I could see how a Jamaican could make an argument about Jamaican food being a subsection of soul food

But we have to pin point what is soul food really

Braman

Superstar
Daps
jerk chicken in soul food spots? where did you see this? and oxtails have been a soul food staple.
Oxtails originated in Jamaica

And I don’t think Jamaican food is soul food but outside of the deep south the soul food spots I see are a mash up of stuff. Modern soul food is more like this guys page

Before this he posted smothered pork chops. Every other post is ‘jerk’ something.

Or like this Jamaican restaurant that serves ‘ados’ mac n cheese next to Jamaican jerk chicken, stew chicken, etc . It’s a lot of overlap diaspora wars are silly and sad

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Oxtails originated in Jamaica

And I don’t think Jamaican food is soul food but outside of the deep south the soul food spots I see are a mash up of stuff. Modern soul food is more like this guys page

Before this he posted smothered pork chops. Every other post is ‘jerk’ something.

Or like this Jamaican restaurant that serves ‘ados’ mac n cheese next to Jamaican jerk chicken, stew chicken, etc . It’s a lot of overlap diaspora wars are silly and sad

I don't think that's true.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What a juvenile discussion topic lmao

EDIT: Just peeped who OP is. Topic is on brand :mjlol:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously it’s nit soul food but I grew up in Jamaican households and my mother used to make fried chicken and grandma used to make baked mac and cheese and collard greens.:manny: