African food is so much better than Indian food it’s not even funny, so why does Indian food get all the love ?

What do you like more

• Indian food

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • West African food

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • East African food

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
My MIL made rice and hilib(goat) for my baby girl’s 1 year bday last weekend, marshallah 🤲🏾

:wow:

congrats on the baby akh, it's a dish that will never disappoint in any environment.

Somali Rice dish low key looks like something you'd get at a greek shawarma place.

looks similar but the taste is night and day, it's all about the preparation. Somalis use a special spice called Hawash that adds a different flavor and texture, both rice and goat meat.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Indian food is just easier to find so people are more familiar with it.

There aren't very many African food restaurants at all, so people who aren't African rarely even get exposed to it.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I've never had African food of any sort; I don't know. It always looks weird to me and not as appetizing. It's just different in terms of presentation, which makes me not want to fuk with it. It probably tastes good, but I can't get over how it looks.

I like Indian food, y'know some curry 🍛 or in particular that butter chicken with the garlic whatchamacallit.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love both. Although Indian Samosas are not fukking with Kenyan or Ethiopian Samosas. Naan is on par with Chapatis.

I had a dope ass Indian oxtail dish the other day. :whew:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The masses would rather have a Chapati than Fufu..

Maybe Jollof rice could sell. Chinese food in America, is catered to Americans, it isn't the same as the food in China. I don't know if African dishes can be changed to suit the American palate.

There are so many similarities between African cuisine and southern cuisine for obvious reasons. A staple of Kenya is a Ugali which is very similar to grits which is somewhat similar to foo foo. Greens, beans, cabbage, stews are also very similar.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Indians have a high rate of heart disease diagnosis because of the amount of ghee they put in all their food.

Between ghee and palm oil (used in some West African foods) palm oil is better because it doesn’t have cholesterol
ghee based on animal fat is healthy

there problems is a kin to black people here.

basically carbs

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I live in the boondocks. We only have access to Italian, BBQ, Soulfood, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican and Indian. Everything else is a fast food chain.
African spots usually only pop up near the city. So the lack of opportunity is a factor

also most people who haven't tried indian food have a :scust: opinion on it.
I've tried Indian food multiple times and it's :scust:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Southern food does have some African influence

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
No meal on this earth is more magnificent that butter chicken, rice, garlic naan with mango juice. There's AKL store that does it so well every 2 days for the last 4 months thanks to free doordash delivery, I've eaten nothing else so much so they toss in complementary samosa/papadoms. Gone from 85 to 100 kg & had to cut myself off.