Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
But couldn’t “soul food” and Caribbean food has overlap
True and they do, they differ in spices and how it’s prepared. The main reason I like to separate them when non black people ask me my top 5 cuisine I don’t have an order, but I big up all three of them and if I didn’t have that option I’d probably have to mention one of their shyts. You got a point though, I know some even like to separate Cajun from the rest of the soul food variants and I think that’s doing too much but I see it’s justified at the same time. That shyt pisses non black people off you don’t say Italian, Mexican etc.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oxtails originated in Jamaica

And I don’t think Jamaican food is soul food but outside of the deep south the soul food spots I see are a mash up of stuff. Modern soul food is more like this guys page

Before this he posted smothered pork chops. Every other post is ‘jerk’ something.

Or like this Jamaican restaurant that serves ‘ados’ mac n cheese next to Jamaican jerk chicken, stew chicken, etc . It’s a lot of overlap diaspora wars are silly and sad

Come on fam:comeon: I'm with your in your previous post but you bugging with this. You really think from the centuries humans been eating cows Jamaicans or west indians were the first to eat the tail? It's hard to trace these things but I'll say whichever region humans first started hunting or farming cows were the first to eat oxtails.

Jamaicans tryna be included in soul food because they know they food ain’t touching the Haïtien cuisine in the carribeans :banderas:
We reign supreme papa :wow:
WOYEEEE OU TANDEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blessed:
Why would they? Pound for pound no other black ethnicity food has a brand like Jamaican food. There is probably more Jamaican restaurants in America than soul food restaurants.

I won’t even try to ‘prove’ it bc I doubt anyone can, and any mainstream link will just get the :mjpls: but I can assure you how ‘we’ eat oxtail today, originated in Jamaica and/or West Indies .

Oddly enough I remember this article

Tracing ox tails black roots :salute:so they went to a Jamaican restaurant Island Spice Grille :laff:
Come in bro you can't be serious with this

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jamaican food would be classified as carribean food before soul food. I’ve never heared jamaican food classified as soul food in my life.

One thing they both have in common though is both are prone to diabetes of eaten everyday in high dosages.

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Come on fam:comeon: I'm with your in your previous post but you bugging with this. You really think from the centuries humans been eating cows Jamaicans or west indians were the first to eat the tail? It's hard to trace these things but I'll say whichever region humans first started hunting or farming cows were the first to eat oxtails.

I’m not talking literal first people to eat the tail. I mean what we think of when we think of oxtails. Everyone is different, but when I think of ox tails I think of ox tails brown gravy rice and peas :hubie: Ie I’m pretty sure Jamaicans weren’t the literal first people to put meat inside of dough. But when we think of a ‘beef Patty’ we think of Jamaica.

Pound for pound no other black ethnicity food has a brand like Jamaican food. There is probably more Jamaican restaurants in America than soul food restaurants.

Sounds like you agree with me :wtf:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not talking literal first people to eat the tail. I mean what we think of when we think of oxtails. Everyone is different, but when I think of ox tails I think of ox tails brown gravy rice and peas :hubie: Ie I’m pretty sure Jamaicans weren’t the literal first people to put meat inside of dough. But when we think of a ‘beef Patty’ we think of Jamaica.

Sounds like you agree with me :wtf:
Yes that's your perspective and mine too. I'm Caribbean (i guess you are too) but an Asian will see it in their perspective as well as an AA but it's not honest to say it originated in Jamaica.

Same with beef patties. Indians will see it as a samosas, cubans an empanada and other hispanics people pastelillos.

Me saying Jamaican food being the most popular black ethnic food is not agreeing with your statement about origination it's not the same thing.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
They fat cuz they drive everywhere. nikkas get in they car to go check the mail in their apartment
No...they're fat because they eat more calories than they need especially when it comes to sugar and processes food which make it even harder to lose weight.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
It's all west African cuisine, the only differences started when the colonizers split us up.

And now some of y'all want to fight over the labels they created and divided us up with. :mjlol:
Yeah no. American soul food cuisine is nothing like W. African food. Having similar ingredients doesn't make it the same food.