Votes: 60 90.9%

• Total voters

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Two things can be true at the same time. I lived in a developing country for two years and was not that active and I dropped fifteen pounds my first six months because I was not eating any processed food
Yea but look at Chicago. They arguably have the most unhealthy cuisine in America and they aren’t nearly as fat as the south

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
I follow that FB page and seen the thread grow from the jump. The people that were including Jamaican food with Soul Food were mostly African American lol

Jamaican food gets way too much props from everyone, AA’s included, for them to need to appropriate anyone else in the diaspora. Truth be told, their food probably gets the most love in the diaspora overall.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Jamaicans tryna be included in soul food because they know they food ain’t touching the Haïtien cuisine in the carribeans :banderas:
We reign supreme papa :wow:
WOYEEEE OU TANDEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blessed:
My girl's Haitian and her mom's Soup Joumou tastes like Heaven in my mouth. :wow:

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Like others said, this is a "chronically online" take.

I grew up in NYC and I literally never met a Jamaican who referred to their food as "Soul food" nor ever tried to make that comparison. It was just never an actual talking point by anyone. We respected each other's foods and their differences.

This whole discussion is literally this meme.