African food is so much better than Indian food it’s not even funny, so why does Indian food get all the love ?

What do you like more

• Indian food

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • West African food

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • East African food

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Indian food is more available.

Also Indian food uses base foods that people are used to and just cooks them with different spices and condiments. You know what chicken and lamb are so it’s more comforting.

People don’t know wtf fufu, bitterleaf, fonio, egusi, asaro, etc……. is. If I can’t find the ingredients in the store I’m less likely to rock with it.

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Indian food is dope ,haven't had African food even tho I did see a Ethiopian resto in Southfield that I wanna try. It's hard to eat these foods cuz it's not many restaurants around that serve it. Same with korean food atleast where I'm at ....but hey that got fried muskrat for lent 🤮

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
No meal on this earth is more magnificent that butter chicken, rice, garlic naan with mango juice. There's AKL store that does it so well every 2 days for the last 4 months thanks to free doordash delivery, I've eaten nothing else so much so they toss in complementary samosa/papadoms. Gone from 85 to 100 kg & had to cut myself off.
Are you blacc

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
Nigerian Peppermint Soup with Fish :banderas: i think that is what it is called. i don't know the Nigerian name of the dish. It was a soup with a Tilapia in it, tasted amazing. :wow: Better than any Indian food i tasted.

Daps
Southern food does have some African influence

Love this show.

He does a great job of showing respect to both the various African cultures and even the different Black American experiences. The parallels with our food can be striking.

I think it's more "obvious" when comparing African vs. Caribbean. Climates are more similar and you can grow similar flora and fauna.

Black Americans lived in different biomes, so we had to modify our recipes to match what was available to us locally. I think that's why our cooking (on average) isn't super spicy. West Africans, Caribbean, Thai, Indian etc., all seem to incorporate hot chillies/peppers into their food more readily than we do. Our "hot" is like Louisiana/NOLA spicy...not Naga Jolokia, Scotch-Bonnet hot.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Love this show.

He does a great job of showing respect to both the various African cultures and even the different Black American experiences. The parallels with our food can be striking.

I think it's more "obvious" when comparing African vs. Caribbean. Climates are more similar and you can grow similar flora and fauna.

Black Americans lived in different biomes, so we had to modify our recipes to match what was available to us locally. I think that's why our cooking (on average) isn't super spicy. West Africans, Caribbean, Thai, Indian etc., all seem to incorporate hot chillies/peppers into their food more readily than we do. Our "hot" is like Louisiana/NOLA spicy...not Naga Jolokia, Scotch-Bonnet hot.
I noticed that spicy food tends to align with warmer climates. People with access to ice before refrigeration, could keep food fresh longer. People that didn't needed some extra flavor to cover up stuff that may be a bit beyond its expiration date. Eventually you develop the cuisine based on these necessities so that even when technology leveled the playing field, you still kept up tradition.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Indian food is excellent, up there with Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Italian, Spanish, Thai etc. No idea why people need to drag it down to show love to African food.

Be that as it may, you have not answered the salient point? also I have not insulted Indian food so why reply to me with that?

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny thing is, I don't like Indian food, but in India was a different story. Maybe the best food ive had overall on a vacation. Probably TNT bigger biggest difference of any food compared top how it is here ad far as taste goes.

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Indian food is excellent, up there with Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Italian, Spanish, Thai etc. No idea why people need to drag it down to show love to African food.

:comeon: c'mon breh.

Also- everyone in here praising Indian food while mentioning 'Garlic Naan', which is the equivalence of a "dinner roll":pachaha:To put that in context, cornbread would be like #8 on the top things people like about soul food.

Quite honestly, Indian food is still at the bottom of the top cuisines. The only reason you see a ton of Indian restaurants is the 1st generation of immigrants were very entrepreneurial, and if they aren't opening a hotel, they were opening a restaurant. :manny: