Votes: 6 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 60 90.9%

• Total voters

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It's all west African cuisine, the only differences started when the colonizers split us up.

And now some of y'all want to fight over the labels they created and divided us up with. :mjlol:
Partly. Stuff like yams and black eyed peas are obviously African. But a lot of soul food is indigenous to the southern US and distinctly its own thing. I have never in my life heard a Jamaican refer to their cuisine as such.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Oh goodness not again. Whether it’s true or not, ‘it’s giving’ insecurity and hurt. It’s so desperate constantly groveling over some credit. This is what happens when the culture is led by women. :scust:

And to the actual topic, “ADOS” got some explaining to do. Modern soul food is not your granny’s soul food. I dont see many new age spots selling smothered chicken and chitlins. :beli:Oh but I see a whole lot of jerk Henny Mac n cheese. Jerk douse trap tacos. Jerk Henny wings. Oh and how about the oxtail awakening from earlier in the year :aicmon:

There is a lot of overlap now. And you will ALWAYS end up looking silly trying to seperate black culture from non-Ados influence.
You sound crazy my guy

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Silly argument on both sides.

I have nothing else to add other than I'll be in Jamaica in 5 days.

I'll see myself out.