Do yall think John Boyega got next??

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
But that’s probably because your big action films other than CBMs or franchises are underwhelming/bad. That’s not on the actors.

If top gun or the Rock came out this summer starring Chris Pratt they both would be huge.

Those type of films don’t really come out anymore and the ones that do usually are meh

In other words I think the perceived lack of stars is more because of the studios.

Put it this way, I don’t think the original Jumanji would even get made in 2017.
The blockbuster names were making blockbusters out of trash movies too though. Will has some genuinely mediocre movies that sold off of his star power:francis: Gibson did the same movie a few times, throw some period pieces in there, even some rom coms.... it doesn't matter; movies sold because of Mel. nikkas call me a hater of dude, but y'all finna tell me Man in the Iron Mask was a popping movie?:mjpls:Doesn't matter, because Leo still had that Titanic glow and could do no wrong. Mr. and Mrs. Smith was lowkey trash but it had Brangelina:damn:

It used to not matter how bad a movie was. People were going to go see it because person X was in it. Studios banked on that certainty, and actors/actresses banked on that reputation. The $20 million dollar club was a big deal as far as who commanded that type of money per role. Gal Gadot just got paid in Metro cards for Wonder Woman. RDJr had to go to bat for his co stars to get paid. Chris Evans was getting paid in Best Buy reward points, my dude. DJ Akademiks was making more bread than these nikkas:heh: The franchises are taking precedence over the stars nowadays.

Speaking purely to action films, though, I think you'd agree the John Wick films are very good, right? Plus they've got a proven action movie lead in Reeves. Check the numbers for those. Baby Driver was a dope action movie with an unknown star that did better than both Wick movies. Matter of fact, Baby Driver did better than both a Scarlett Johansson led action movie and a Tom Cruise led biographical crime movie. Outside of franchises, there is no longer a formula for success in Hollywood. The people you brought up are just slightly bigger fish in a pond full of very little fish.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I'll make this easy and do it for one person:

The Pelican Brief
My Best Friend's Wedding
Stepmom
Notting Hill
Runaway Bride
Erin Brockovich
The Mexican
Ocean's 11(technically, this movie was full of people who define exactly what you're asking for)

If you just put the name Julia Roberts on a movie poster, especially for a shytty romantic comedy, you were sure to make bread back in the day

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
white people may love him but unfortunately he gotta earn some respect back in the black community after Finn. you can tell he gettin annoyed by the heat too by his response to people sometimes on social media

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'll make this easy and do it for one person:

The Pelican Brief
My Best Friend's Wedding
Stepmom
Notting Hill
Runaway Bride
Erin Brockovich
The Mexican
Ocean's 11(technically, this movie was full of people who define exactly what you're asking for)

If you just put the name Julia Roberts on a movie poster, especially for a shytty romantic comedy, you were sure to make bread back in the day

Exactly why I included her in my random list of names. I didn’t even get to someone like jim Carey

Ace Ventura
Dumb and dumber
Truman show
Liar liar
Ace Ventura 2
Bruce almighty

All of those were hits purely because his name was above the credits. Not because of the director or the material.

Mooreish

Banned
Daps
white people may love him but unfortunately he gotta earn some respect back in the black community after Finn. you can tell he gettin annoyed by the heat too by his response to people sometimes on social media
Finn’s not his fault though. That’s Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson’s fault. Finn could have been amazing if they had not screwed him over by separating him from Rey or making him learn all of the same stuff that he learned from the last film again or taking away all of the chances that he could have been a hero in or the worst thing they did to him, pairing him with the ugly Asian sister who I swear they made her act like a babysitter to Finn in the movie. Why did they give Finn such a downgrade in women in this movie, he deserves so much better than that 3-4/10. I mean did you see the girls sister? WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL THE HOT SISTER!!!??? Why couldn’t the ugly one have died in that scene? Now I’m not saying I would’ve wanted the hot sister together with Finn, but at least give us some consistency in hotness with the women that Finn gets in these movies. Come on. Don’t have him give that girl the pity date of that which was canto bight. fukk I hate rose.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Finn’s not his fault though. That’s Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson’s fault. Finn could have been amazing if they had not screwed him over by separating him from Rey or making him learn all of the same stuff that he learned from the last film again or taking away all of the chances that he could have been a hero in or the worst thing they did to him, pairing him with the ugly Asian sister who I swear they made her act like a babysitter to Finn in the movie. Why did they give Finn such a downgrade in women in this movie, he deserves so much better than that 3-4/10. I mean did you see the girls sister? WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL THE HOT SISTER!!!??? Why couldn’t the ugly one have died in that scene? Now I’m not saying I would’ve wanted the hot sister together with Finn, but at least give us some consistency in hotness with the women that Finn gets in these movies. Come on. Don’t have him give that girl the pity date of that which was canto bight. fukk I hate rose.
Rose is exactly the girl finn should be with.Tariq was right they knew the exact kinda black guy they wanted to front this thing and he wasnt going to be chiseled or have prominent bone structure in the face. They got a dude who could easily have starred in step and fetch it. Anytime ppl say he looks like denzel i am like damn dude what did denzel ever do to you :what: yeah kinda i see something but its a no frills denzel at best

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Mooreish

Banned
Daps
Rose is exactly the girl finn should be with.Tariq was right they knew the exact kinda black guy they wanted to front this thing and he wasnt going to be chiseled or have prominent bone structure in the face. They got a dude who could easily have starred in step and fetch it. Anytime ppl say he looks like denzel i am like damn dude what did denzel ever do to you :what: yeah kinda i see something but its a no frills denzel at best
I’m not saying he’s Denzel, I’m just saying that Finn deserves some respect in this movie series.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I’m not saying he’s Denzel, I’m just saying that Finn deserves some respect in this movie series.
If boyega is defending his horrible potrayal then who are we to complain. I think hes cognizant of how bad the character is but is looking at the long game in hope when this trilogy is done he will be a made man. Though if circle and pacific rim rangers is the best he can get at the height of his fame i shudder to think where he goes when star wars is done..

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
damn yall were acting like boyega was gonna be that dude before star wars drop. now he aint shyt to yall lol