Do yall think John Boyega got next??

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, David Oyelowo, Andre Holland and Mahershala Ali got next.
I really dont know about theses two. these guys are already in their 40s or about to be real soon. Obviously the Black Panther trilogy will be the highlight of Chadwick career, but i really dont know anything past that. Hollan is iffy

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I really dont know about theses two. these guys are already in their 40s or about to be real soon. Obviously the Black Panther trilogy will be the highlight of Chadwick, but i really dont know anything past that. Hollan is iffy

OK, pretty big highlight. Like I said Chadwick got a movie coming out with the most recent director of Best Picture that HE wrote. Denzel or Will ever write a movie they starred in? No one's career is going to be exactly like someone else's. Chadwick is carving his lane and I think it will be a noteworthy career.
Andre Holland is just very talented and knows how to pick roles unlike Boyega. And he is about to star in his own TV series.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
How are y’all saying the “movie star” is dead when there are still at least 4

Hart, Rock, Fassenbender, and Pratt

Scarjo and JLaw both get huge money outside of their franchises

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Fassbender is a great actor but actually box office poison if he's not Magneto shyt flops. lol Pratt got two hits that are both part of huge franchises.
The Rock and Hart actually might be the right answer, just no one really respects their acting abilities.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Chris Pratt outside of franchise flicks doesn't pull numbers. Everyone's already acknowledged Hart and Rock are anomalies and even then, Rock is spotty as Baywatch showed. Scarlett and Jennifer are also spotty outside of franchises. But even then, Scarlet made Lucy a hit. But its not a consistent thing, which is the point I always make. Someone who consistently knocks em out the park with big openings and big returns, not just in certain situations.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Chris Pratt outside of franchise flicks doesn't pull numbers. Everyone's already acknowledged Hart and Rock are anomalies and even then, Rock is spotty as Baywatch showed. Scarlett and Jennifer are also spotty outside of franchises. But even then, Scarlet made Lucy a hit. But its not a consistent thing, which is the point I always make. Someone who consistently knocks em out the park with big openings and big returns, not just in certain situations.
Ehhhh idk... they seem like big stars to me. Millions of followers
Endorsement deals

They’re all probably making $25M+ a year

I mean if the criteria is they have to do huge numbers every time. Then your basically saying there’s only been like 5 movie stars. Cruise, Gibson, Will, Clooney, Pitt. That’s really it.

And DiCaprio

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ehhhh idk... they seem like big stars to me. Millions of followers
Endorsement deals

They’re all probably making $25M+ a year

I mean if the criteria is they have to do huge numbers every time. Then your basically saying there’s only been like 5 movie stars. Cruise, Gibson, Will, Clooney, Pitt. That’s really it.

And DiCaprio

Missing the point homie. No one's saying they don't make money hand over fist. We're saying if I put someone's name on a marquee and the movie is an original thing, not a comic book movie or a franchise movie, do people line up to see it?

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Missing the point homie. No one's saying they don't make money hand over fist. We're saying if I put someone's name on a marquee and the movie is an original thing, not a comic book movie or a franchise movie, do people line up to see it?
But that’s probably because your big action films other than CBMs or franchises are underwhelming/bad. That’s not on the actors.

If top gun or the Rock came out this summer starring Chris Pratt they both would be huge.

Those type of films don’t really come out anymore and the ones that do usually are meh

In other words I think the perceived lack of stars is more because of the studios.

Put it this way, I don’t think the original Jumanji would even get made in 2017.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But that’s probably because your big action films other than CBMs or franchises are underwhelming/bad. That’s not on the actors.

If top gun or the Rock came out this summer starring Chris Pratt they both would be huge.

Those type of films don’t really come out anymore and the ones that do usually are meh

In other words I think the perceived lack of stars is more because of the studios.

Put it this way, I don’t think the original Jumanji would even get made in 2017.

It still would’ve gotten made because it’s based on a popular children’s book. Same reason goosebumps was made.

Also I’m not saying there aren’t stars. I’m saying the definition of a star has changed. So if someone’s trying to compare someone to Tom Hanks or Denzel or will or Julia Roberts where their name is the draw, those days are done. The property is the draw now

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Can someone show me some instances of where a movie was catapulted by solely the power of a star in the past? I assume you're talking box office too.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Can someone show me some instances of where a movie was catapulted by solely the power of a star in the past? I assume you're talking box office too.

You’re talking something that’s not based on a previous property or something that already existed right?