Do yall think John Boyega got next??

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'd argue Michael B does. And he's a really good actor. Chadwick is good but I feel like B. Jordan has him beat when it comes to just pure acting shyt and range
:mjlol:

I like MBJ too but let's not get ahead of ourselves here

I've yet to see MBJ's range reach the way Boseman did in get on up to Marshall to BP

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, David Oyelowo, Andre Holland and Mahershala Ali got next.

I agree with this post in theory but on the real, Chadwick and Mahershala are in their 40s. Hell, Andre Holland is 38 and Oyelowo is 41. The clock is ticking on them too. They're pretty much peaking as I write this. The older they get, the fewer roles they'll be offered. A Denzel or a Smith could get roles in their 40s and eat good, but that was on the strength of their past performances and box office receipts when they were much younger.

FEW actors who didn't make it big till their late 30s/early 40s will be able to have a career with consistent buzz going enough for them to really prosper like that. And I'd wager NONE of them are ever able to parlay that buzz into being a huge box office draw.

Only person I can think of with a similar trajectory is Jeremy Renner. His breakout role was in the Hurt Locker when he was already pushing 40. He was VERY lucky and a pretty much one-off case who was fortunate enough to have already secured roles in several major franchises by the time he was Mahershala and them's age.

Out of all them, the only one who really stands a chance at making it anywhere close to the old time major league players is Michael B. Jordan. He's young, people know him as an actor outside of a franchise, they LIKE him and women love him. ALL (races of) women love him and will watch his shyt just because he's in it. That's a huge selling point to these studios.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I agree with this post in theory but on the real, Chadwick and Mahershala are in their 40s. Hell, Andre Holland is 38 and Oyelowo is 41. The clock is ticking on them too. They're pretty much peaking as I write this. The older they get, the fewer roles they'll be offered. A Denzel or a Smith could get roles in their 40s and eat good, but that was on the strength of their past performances and box office receipts when they were much younger.

FEW actors who didn't make it big till their late 30s/early 40s will be able to have a career with consistent buzz going enough for them to really prosper like that. And I'd wager NONE of them are ever able to parlay that buzz into being a huge box office draw.

Only person I can think of with a similar trajectory is Jeremy Renner. His breakout role was in the Hurt Locker when he was already pushing 40. He was VERY lucky and a pretty much one-off case who was fortunate enough to have already secured roles in several major franchises by the time he was Mahershala and them's age.

Out of all them, the only one who really stands a chance at making it anywhere close to the old time major league players is Michael B. Jordan. He's young, people know him as an actor outside of a franchise, they LIKE him and women love him. ALL (races of) women love him and will watch his shyt just because he's in it. That's a huge selling point to these studios.
They might not be Denzel/Will status at their peaks I agree with that. But these are the guys who are going to get the majority of leading to big time movie roles the next five years. Besides Michael B. Jordan there isn't anyone even to challenge them on that front who is late 20s/early 30s. While Boyega's got talent he isn't good at picking projects/roles. He should have bypassed the Circle and probably Detroit. Neither of those really helped him out. I don't know for sure but Pacific Rim 2 isn't too promising either. The guys I named I think pick better projects/roles than he does.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
We'll see about MBJ. I just don think he is a good actor actually. Something is off with him. He is like a slightly better version of the dude who plays Cam in Survivors Remorse IMO. (and thats not saying much)

Last edited:

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
None of them got next. They're all good actors, but none of them have real star charisma like Eddie Murphy/Denzel/Will Smith/Wesley Snipes showed when they were coming up. They'll be second-rate Laurence Fishburnes if they're lucky.
Thats really how I feel. I dont see the real IT factor with them actually. But BP might change that. And Im just not sold on MBJ, he has the looks, but I dunno about his overall chops.