Do yall think John Boyega got next??

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of them got next. They're all good actors, but none of them have real star charisma like Eddie Murphy/Denzel/Will Smith/Wesley Snipes showed when they were coming up. They'll be second-rate Laurence Fishburnes if they're lucky.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
None of them got next. They're all good actors, but none of them have real star charisma like Denzel/Will Smith/Wesley Snipes showed when they were coming up.

I'd argue Michael B does. And he's a really good actor. Chadwick is good but I feel like B. Jordan has him beat when it comes to just pure acting shyt and range

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
That said, Boyega needs something that’s not pacific rim. I know it has its fans and I’m sure it’ll make him a big international star but that won’t get it done
I wanna see more of these brehs try TV. Despite what season 2 turned out to be, Mahershala Ali getting that True Detective gig could be huge for him. MBJ is gonna be in the Fahrenheit 451 HBO movie. We're talking about the next Denzel or Will when I'd argue there's not even a next Idris yet, and he became a star off of two classic TV series.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wanna see more of these brehs try TV. Despite what season 2 turned out to be, Mahershala Ali getting that True Detective gig could be huge for him. MBJ is gonna be in the Fahrenheit 451 HBO movie. We're talking about the next Denzel or Will when I'd argue there's not even a next Idris yet, and he became a star off of two classic TV series.

Good shyt. Be the guy who's leading the next big prestige show, not the guy leading the next franchise that will rinse you out when your contract is up. Film isn't really the place for interesting stories now on the real unless its horror because horror can still be done with a minor budget, meaning you get less eyes watching you. I'd love to see Boyega do a detective series or be the head of a family. shyt I'm trying to move away from this type of shyt for our people, but one of them needs to walk over hot coals to play Bumpy Johnson in that new Bumpy Johnson show

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Real talk. you got to watch the acting roles you take

I really really feel like that's a complete reach. You and other cats here may have an issue with it and "hate" him for the role but he will not be treated as the new Anakin for it:russ: get out the bubble

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'd argue Michael B does. And he's a really good actor. Chadwick is good but I feel like B. Jordan has him beat when it comes to just pure acting shyt and range
Please, dude does accents and played Jackie Robinson and James Brown, two people with opposite dispositions. Michael B. is basically Michael B. in every role.

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps

I disagree

Michael B Jordan is a horrible actor who plays the same character in every movie.

Chadwick is diverse and that's what makes him the better actor.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I disagree

Michael B Jordan is a horrible actor who plays the same character in every movie.

Chadwick is diverse and that's what makes him the better actor.

Michael on the Wire was doing great work as a child. The guy he's playing in Black Panther is nothing like the guy he played in that awkward moment, who is nothing like the guy he played in Fruitvale,or Chronicle. shyt it's nothing like Johnny. Fruitvale and Creed show his range.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I really really feel like that's a complete reach. You and other cats here may have an issue with it and "hate" him for the role but he will not be treated as the new Anakin for it:russ: get out the bubble
I'm telling the truth even Denzel say that to young black actors

You don't want to be typecast in Hollywerid . the roles you pick or the roles you don't can either break you or make you

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm telling the truth even Denzel say that to young black actors

You don't want to be typecast in Hollywerid . the roles you pick or the roles you don't can either break you or make you

And he's not going to be typecast which is my point. Yes, you want to watch your roles, but he won't be typecast. One of the main reasons why? He's a Brit. And hate to say it, but Brits will always have a leg up over American actors because of perception and because he can do the accent and switch it on and off. He can do stuff here, do stuff over there, do tv here, do tv there, and create an extremely diverse resume. Being able to walk between two worlds is a huge advantage

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
And he's not going to be typecast which is my point. Yes, you want to watch your roles, but he won't be typecast. One of the main reasons why? He's a Brit. And hate to say it, but Brits will always have a leg up over American actors because of perception and because he can do the accent and switch it on and off. He can do stuff here, do stuff over there, do tv here, do tv there, and create an extremely diverse resume. Being able to walk between two worlds is a huge advantage
Black brtis aint getting no damm work in the U.K. like that (hence them complaining and making other moves) but i agree with the British "privilege" but at the end of the day is still Hollywerid and he's black

Also it's ton of great British actors or America that get shytty(or redundant ) roles

We will see what he do with Pacific Rim 2

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Black brtis aint getting no damm work in the U.K. like that (hence them complaining and making other moves) but i agree with the British "privilege" but at the end of the day is still Hollywerid and he's black

Also it's ton of great British actors or America that get shytty(or redundant ) roles

We will see what he do with Pacific Rim 2

Has he complained tho? The only reason I know who he is is because of British movies.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Absolutely not, wil smith and denzel were seen as 'symbols' very early and that in turn increased their chances at the BO, even if they didnt have romantic interests tptb would make sure whoever their female costar was was right. Boyega cant even get a peck on the cheek from daisy ridley.Smith or denzel wouldnt have got that asian as a means to steer them away from a white lead

I dont know if its age, this era of Hollywood or personal choice of just saying yes out of fear of being replaced. But he just seems like another Anthony mackie to me
Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, David Oyelowo, Andre Holland and Mahershala Ali got next.
Jason Mitchell to.
erm how are you quantifying "got next".Got next as in the next anthony mackie? or got next as in one of these brothers is going to take the power back and have some stroke in hollywood. Cuz realistically speaking though holland was good is knick is he leading man material? Oyelowo was great as king but does he or anyone of these dudes command a scene as they enter without speaking? Jordan cannot play anything outside thuggish buggish with chip on shoulder.

I like marshala but mentioning mitchell of all ppl is the worse case of being a prisoner of the moment. Hes like 4'9 and and has a big azz face, great for roles like easy e but could you see him as a book of eli? Or I am legend? Seems more like a T-dog to me

Last edited: