Do yall think John Boyega got next??

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thats really how I feel. I dont see the real IT factor with them actually. But BP might change that. And Im just not sold on MBJ, he has the looks, but I dunno about his overall chops.

As long as he can be touted out on sportscenter and other talk shows he has a shot. Cruise didn’t become cruise purely based on skill, although he’s an underrated actor. And the reason he’s underrated is because he’s the pretty boy who’d be on magazine covers and on tv all the time. That’s what made him Tom Cruise. If Michael can put himself in that same limelight while also putting in solid work and producing his own stuff, like this Netflix show he has coming, and working alongside heavy hitters like Michael Shannon, dude will have it made

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If we talking about some actors who got skills, I'm gonna go with Sterling K. Brown and Mahershala Ali

I was thinking sterling last night. Pretty soon he’s going to become too big for this is us if he keeps this trajectory but that also depends on how big his role is in the predator. Dude has been killing it for so long and this is us has put him in front of a whole new set of eyes and put him on that elite level

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
They might not be Denzel/Will status at their peaks I agree with that. But these are the guys who are going to get the majority of leading to big time movie roles the next five years. Besides Michael B. Jordan there isn't anyone even to challenge them on that front who is late 20s/early 30s. While Boyega's got talent he isn't good at picking projects/roles. He should have bypassed the Circle and probably Detroit. Neither of those really helped him out. I don't know for sure but Pacific Rim 2 isn't too promising either. The guys I named I think pick better projects/roles than he does.
thats a stretch.

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
LMFAO! is that an accomplishment now. The first movie was fuxing horrid.
Not really, went to see Jumanji over the weekend and that was the only time I saw Boyega pop up in the previews. :manny:

Was the first one really that bad?:lupe:
I was planning to watch it. I like films that have robots squaring up (sans transformers)

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
Nah ah. Harrison carried more than just Indiana Jones. We’re talking the fugitive, what lies beneath, the two jack Ryan movies, witness, working girl, Air Force one, and even six days, seven nights. Harrison became a legitimate star and a household name.
Indiana Jones franchise really helped him out tho. It showed him for the first time in a leading man role, and able to do it convincingly.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Indiana Jones franchise really helped him out tho. It showed him for the first time in a leading man role, and able to do it convincingly.

That’s true but as he’s said countless times, being in Star Wars and being in a hit movie allowed him to get more work. Even being in Star Wars opened the door for Indy even if Lucas wasn’t completely onboard at the beginning