Caitlin Clark making only $76K as a rookie, sparks outrage

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Not a bad salary to play a game :manny: . She and the new class of girls are about to push the price of the brick up, way more eyes about to be on the wnba. They'll be getting tv money soon

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
A lot of people complaining have never attended a WNBA game or purchased a single piece of merchandising

Truth. And they're just mad because Clark ain't getting the kinda bread they'd like to see her making.

But the women of the league have been pointing this out for mad long and nothing changed. So it's not changing for Caitlyn either. She's gonna have to do commercials and get side paper just like everyone else. You have to be on A'ja Wilson's level to bring in real money in the WNBA. And she's pulling a little over $200K a season now.

But people pretend to be outraged, but you never see anybody rocking WNBA gear or even attending the games like that. In order for them to pay the players, the league has to be making the kinda money that would make sense for them to look out for the talent more. They've been struggling to build a following for the league forever. They can't afford to pay the players wild money. The fans need to actually show up and support first.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
That’s the little unspoken thing people keep glossing over and wanna pretend doesn’t contribute to the problem

Nobody wanna watch a bunch of bulldaggers

Same thing with alphabet gang in general, the majority of the public don’t fukk with that shyt like that. But they make it like their presence online and on social media represents a huge part of the population
they are NEVER gonna address that elephant in the room.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
:wtf: WTF u think they been doing for decades now??? they ONLY exist because of NBA subsidies.

But now they’re getting more attention, most fans aren’t into women’s basketball until these girls got into the league. They probably never watched it until these past few years.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

AND THIS IS WHY
GIRLS COLLEGE BALL WILL
ALWAYS BE MUCH MORE POPULAR

:devil:
:evil:

Alphabet Gang gonna come for you....but just like @beaniemac said, it's the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about. When the WNBA first started, I watched it a lot. You had a couple that were suspect, but most acted like heterosexual women! They let this stud culture take over and it's damn sure not helping.

My ain't shyt side wants some of these bulldaggers to haze CC, Reese and these new girls on some stud shyt and then they call it out. :lolbron:

Who the fukk wants to take their girl/wife to a game and have Snoop from the wire ass broads eyeing your lady. :what: (couple of cats I know that went to WNBA games had this happen to them :mjlol: )

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
The fukk these a$$holes thought this was?

Shout out to Angel Reese’s NIL deal that made her a millionaire before she even got drafted.

:salute:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is a reason Griner was in Russia in the first place.

Beyond the obvious points about profitablility and popularity the league aint even 30 years old yet. In the first 30 years (and beyond) of the big mens sports dudes were spending their offseason working other jobs.