Stephen A Smith gives WNBA Caitlin Clarke haters an unfortunate reality check

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I hate when her cult stresses how they want to grow the game etc. It's all bs, can't grow the game if they're watching ONE player
Historically, it has been grown one player at a time.

You gotta be dumb if you don’t think a single player can make a difference when ticket sales and viewership already prove it.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And it's been 14 years since the Lakers won their championship. So you shouldn't talk
4 years

bubble was the most equal playing field of all time. in the middle of a global pandemic so they were also saving america from doom life.

celtics were on the same level playing field.

managed to fumble it to the heat again, basically their legacy in my lifetime.

lose to the heat.

:picard:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Been watching and supporting since it's inception. I don't complain, I support

Would you still support the WNBA if ALL the players suddenly began wearing the "Roach Stompers 1200s"?
Lbi4rcE.jpg
:mjgrin: :lolbron:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All Star voting is up like 400% across the board so this is factually wrong

cool how is that going to get them more revenue. the golden state warriors k-pop fans made andrew wiggins an all star one time.

stop the lies. let's be honest about this.

i do think interest in women's basketball has gone up, maybe even significantly, it's still not what yall were projecting.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, it's about timing. Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese and Cameron Brink should be on the USA team. It would def bring more $$$ business if they were smart.

Many people didn't know they won 7 straight gold medals, which tells me people don't care

They miss the biggest picture :snoop:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, it's about timing. Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese and Cameron Brink should be on the USA team. It would def bring more $$$ business if they were smart.

Many people didn't know they won 7 straight gold medals, which tells me people don't care

it tells me they wouldn't watch anyway

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

2028 is in LA right? american time zones thats probably a better place to be for americans anyway. I struggle to watch the mens games in the olympics because they are usually at odd times.

Daps
cool how is that going to get them more revenue. the golden state warriors k-pop fans made andrew wiggins an all star one time.

stop the lies. let's be honest about this.

i do think interest in women's basketball has gone up, maybe even significantly, it's still not what yall were projecting.

I was responding to the poster that said Clark’s fandom has no bearing on any of the other players.

Your anecdotal Wiggins example means nothing if the voting has been impacted for everyone on the ballot.

I’m not sure where you’re going with the rest of your post.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Historically, it has been grown one player at a time.

You gotta be dumb if you don’t think a single player can make a difference when ticket sales and viewership already prove it.

Time will definitely tell if the surge is sustainable

Would you still support the WNBA if ALL the players suddenly began wearing the "Roach Stompers 1200s"?
Lbi4rcE.jpg
:mjgrin: :lolbron:

:russ: Hell nah

All Star voting is up like 400% across the board so this is factually wrong

Is that 400% across the board only for Caitlin?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
caitlin clark playing in the olympics arent going to make the salaries go up stop the madness

NBA Salaries after the 1992 Team USA Dream team

average20nba20salary20by20year-15813952-720.png

median20nba20salary20by20year-15813953-720.png

During the 90s, annual growth of the average NBA salary never dropped below 10%, peaking at 21% in 1995-96.

During the 90s, median NBA salary presented 74% of the average salary, peaking at 84% in the 1993-94 season.

Just 3-4 years after the 1992 Dream Team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_players_born_outside_the_United_States

"The number of international players in the league rose after the formation of the Dream Team when NBA players were allowed into Olympic play starting in 1992. Global interest in basketball subsequently soared. On opening day of the 1991–92 season, NBA rosters included 23 international players from 18 countries.[6] At the start of the 2016–17 season, there was a record-high 113 international players from 41 countries and territories.[7] In the start of the 2017–18 season, there were 108 international players from a record-high 42 countries and territories, including five players signed up through the newly implemented two-way contract.["

Ignore the reality and be ignorant of how business works brehs

Daps
Time will definitely tell if the surge is sustainable

:russ: Hell nah

Is that 400% across the board only for Caitlin?

Across the board as in all the women on the ballot. If the figures I saw are true some of them are even beating out several nba players comparatively

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah, they would def watch if Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese were on the USA team. This year's WNBA ratings, views, etc attendance and much crazy improvement proved that cause of Caitlin Clark. Before her, nobody gave a shyt until, especially Caitlin Clark, along with Angel Reese and Cameron Brink, came into the WNBA