Caitlin Clark making only $76K as a rookie, sparks outrage

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they should have got in front of the salary conversation. remind people that TV negotiations are coming up, say something. cause caitlin about to put the entire league on her back. sold out the draft (record ratings), indy games sold out as soon as they got the #1 pick.. which was BEFORE she even declared for the draft. jersey sold out as soon as it posted.

And folks were getting mad at this :mjlol:

the league is already pimping the fukk out of her and she ain't played a game yet. shyt reminds me of how the NCAA was pimping zion when he was at duke, with zion cams and a bunch of other revenue-generating-bullshyt he wouldn't see a dime of.

WNBA been preparing for caitlin. for years. let's see if they're equally prepared to split the pie when the numbers go up. cause ain't no way in hell the kens and karens are gonna let them get away with paying her $70k a year for long.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Cause ain't no way in hell the kens and karens are gonna let them get away with paying her $70k a year for long.
the end.

She's 100% the key. And more importantly, the numbers are already there to prove beyond a shadow of the doubt that she's box office and good ratings.

She should put an Eli Elway and say she ain't playing under this rookie scale off the top. :lolbron:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Funny thing about this, this won’t change shyt until they move the WNBA season so that the play-offs do not happen during the NFL season.

The most likely time to draw in viewers to your sport (especially basketball) is the post season and you got that lined up with the NFL season. That’s an L. Don’t expect salaries to change much until they fix that.

Caitlin may spike initial interest, but in terms of the more important factor: sustainability, you need to shift the season dates.

All that rah rah right now, but no one will care if Caitlin and Paige are playing a game 7 when the Cowboys are playing the Eagles.

Unfortunately it's tough to dodge the NFL but the best time to move the season is January to April so that you have play-off WNBA, March Madness and NBA Play-offs grouped together in March to June fresh off the Super Bowl and into the NFL off-season.

You'll take the hit in January and February to the NFL play-offs like every other sport does, but at least your play-offs aren't coinciding with the NFL season and lands during the time when basketball interest is at it's highest.

Last edited:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the end.

She's 100% the key. And more importantly, the numbers are already there to prove beyond a shadow of the doubt that she's box office and good ratings.

She should put an Eli Elway and say she ain't playing under this rookie scale off the top. :lolbron:

they are lucky as fukk that she's not making noise. cause if she wanted to flip their shyt upside-down... :whew:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
they are lucky as fukk that she's not making noise. cause if she wanted to flip their shyt upside-down... :whew:

I'd boost her up to do so. Bet that would also make a lot of the vets happy too.

Aaliyah Boston about to eat good off that CC stimulus. New Steph and Draymond :wow:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just don't think a woman's league will ever be popular, no matter what.

It feels like the only time people watch women sports is when it's associated to either allegiance to a school(NCAA) or a country(world cup).

What more do you want the NBA to do considering that nearly half the WNBA teams are currently owned by NBA owners.
Honestly they should do exactly what colleges and European soccer teams do and have the same names for the NBA and WNBA teams. I never understood having separate names when they have the same owners. It seems like such an easy way to increase fans and attendance. No more of this Mercury, Sparks, Liberty, etc. just make them the Suns, Lakers, and Knicks. You’d see an immediate uptick in revenue.

Caitlin Clark playing for the Indiana Pacers has a much better ring to it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd boost her up to do so. Bet that would also make a lot of the vets happy too.

Aaliyah Boston about to eat good off that CC stimulus. New Steph and Draymond :wow:
The vets would probably be hating if she got paid more like most in other leagues were envious of those salaries before they all implemented rookie wage scales.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
the league is already pimping the fukk out of her and she ain't played a game yet.

Bro you ain't lying. I went to the WNBA shop site out of curiosity, they got about 20 different Caitlin Clark tees and hoodies right on the homepage.

J8YMQql.png
J8YMss4.png

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

beat me to it.

i'm curious to see if players lean on her to use her voice/power (if she doesn't do it on her own). because as much value as she brings to the WNBA, she's 100% more valuable to the players association. they've arguably got their magic/bird/jordan... if she lives up to the hype. salaries are about to go up for everyone.