Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NBA Salaries after the 1992 Team USA Dream team

average20nba20salary20by20year-15813952-720.png

median20nba20salary20by20year-15813953-720.png

During the 90s, annual growth of the average NBA salary never dropped below 10%, peaking at 21% in 1995-96.

During the 90s, median NBA salary presented 74% of the average salary, peaking at 84% in the 1993-94 season.

Just 3-4 years after the 1992 Dream Team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_players_born_outside_the_United_States

"The number of international players in the league rose after the formation of the Dream Team when NBA players were allowed into Olympic play starting in 1992. Global interest in basketball subsequently soared. On opening day of the 1991–92 season, NBA rosters included 23 international players from 18 countries.[6] At the start of the 2016–17 season, there was a record-high 113 international players from 41 countries and territories.[7] In the start of the 2017–18 season, there were 108 international players from a record-high 42 countries and territories, including five players signed up through the newly implemented two-way contract.["

Ignore the reality and be ignorant of how business works brehs
oh ok so now the argument is caitlin clark is gonna grow the game internationally?

is david stern the commissioner of the WNBA? is caitlin clark michael jordan?

yall need to stop. look at the dream team, then tell me with a fukking serious face you think caitlin clark and angel reese are on that level.

it's insulting to even act like that. they are both closer christian laetner than they are to jordan/magic/bird etc etc

nba salaries went went up because they had like 4 lockouts after the 92 olympics.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Why are we still talking about this? She's not going to Paris, move around

The USA Basketball Women's National Team Committee selects the players, not the WNBA

Caitlin and the W are fine with each other
Yeah please move on. There are new stars in that league now. CC is doing her thing but we don’t have to just talk about her anymore. These ladies are ballin

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
Why is this still a topic? Ppl only watch because of Caitlin :yeshrug:

Has any other WNBA player's jersey sold out :jbhmm:

Anytime she plays, its a fukking sellout :yeshrug:

Until teams not playing the Fever have to move venues, I'm :unimpressed:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
oh ok so now the argument is caitlin clark is gonna grow the game?

is david stern the commissioner of the WNBA? is caitlin clark michael jordan?

yall need to stop. look at the dream team, then tell me with a fukking serious face you think caitlin clark and angel reese are on that level.

it's insulting to even act like that. they are both closer christian laetner than they are to jordan/magic/bird etc etc

nba salaries went went up because they had like 4 lockouts after the 92 olympics.

When facts are given, juelz on useless points. The Coli way

You do know Salaries are a reflection of revenue, viewership, and popularity right? Then you bring up lockouts

1995–96 NBA season - Wikipedia

1996–97 NBA season - Wikipedia

"The 1995 NBA lockout was the first lockout of four in the history of the NBA. Among the key issues in the labor dispute were the salary cap, free agency, a rookie salary cap, and revenue sharing
The 1996 NBA lockout was the second lockout of four in the history of the NBA. It took place on July 10, 1996. The lockout was imposed after the league and the players union could not reach an agreement involving $50 million in profit sharing from television revenue"

Do you know lockouts are a response to a renegotiation of the CBA based on revenue splits of the growth of the NBA right? Keep grasping for straws :heh:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is this still a topic? Ppl only watch because of Caitlin :yeshrug:

Has any other WNBA player's jersey sold out :jbhmm:

Anytime she plays, its a fukking sellout :yeshrug:
so if people only watch CC games how is that going to help revenue at the next negotiations?

they might as well sell the CC package instead.

yall don't seem to understand how business/popularity works.

aka it doesn't work if white women only wanna watch cc games and it's going to have diminishing returns if she keeps losing.

idk why yall playing stupid. idk why yall acting like she air jordan jumping off the screen. she is a bad curry clone.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When facts are given, juelz on useless points. The Coli way

You do know Salaries are a reflection of revenue, viewership, and popularity right? Then you bring up lockouts

1995–96 NBA season - Wikipedia

1996–97 NBA season - Wikipedia

"The 1995 NBA lockout was the first lockout of four in the history of the NBA. Among the key issues in the labor dispute were the salary cap, free agency, a rookie salary cap, and revenue sharing
The 1996 NBA lockout was the second lockout of four in the history of the NBA. It took place on July 10, 1996. The lockout was imposed after the league and the players union could not reach an agreement involving $50 million in profit sharing from television revenue"

Do you know lockouts are a response to a renegotiation of the CBA based on revenue splits of the growth of the NBA right? Keep grasping for straws :heh:
yes i understand completely. do you understand who michael jordan was

michael jordan is probably the most famous athlete america has produced. him or ali, definitely the only one along with ali anyone will really talk about 100 years from now. the olympics aren't why salaries went up.

michael jordan and david stern did grow the game, i will give them that. no little white girl in lituania is gonna start shooting threes to maybe make 100k in the WNBA because of caitlin clark tho.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
yes i understand completely. do you understand who michael jordan was

michael jordan is probably the most famous athlete america has produced. him or ali, definitely the only one along with ali anyone will really talk about 100 years from now. the olympics aren't why salaries went up.

michael jordan and david stern did grow the game, i will give them that. no little white girl in lituania is gonna start shooting threes to maybe make 100k in the WNBA because of caitlin clark tho.

No offense breh but

6e6221a3-b68a-4df7-83e4-dc6a6f6919df_text.gif

Using a rebuttal that "Bu bu Caitlin Clarke isn't Jordan" is a horrible argument. Do you know what "growth" or "percentage " means?

It's like someone bringing up that the NBA popularity has grown 25% in the US the last 10 years, and the response is "But is it as popular as the NFL?"
Who gives a fukk??

If the WNBA max salary grows from 250k a year to $2 mill a year, which is a 800% increase, which would be an obvious success, should we negate it's significance because Lebron makes $50 mill a year? Hell no

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No offense breh but

6e6221a3-b68a-4df7-83e4-dc6a6f6919df_text.gif

Using a rebuttal that "Bu bu Caitlin Clarke isn't Jordan" is a horrible argument. Do you know what "growth" or "percentage " means?

It's like someone bringing up that the NBA popularity has grown 25% in the US the last 10 years, and the response is "But is it as popular as the NFL?"
Who gives a fukk??

If the WNBA max salary grows from 250k a year to $2 mill a year, which is a 800% increase, which would be an obvious success, should we negate it's significance because Lebron makes $50 mill a year? Hell no
its fine no offense taken :mjlol:

we just disagree.

i don't think she raises the popularity of the league to change the TV deal at a major level, ESPECIALLY if the likes of TNT are playing hardball with the NBA. (which is the main way to increase revenue)

i think she is good for ratings on her games (still think that's not gonna last if she is on a perennial loser for years), she is not raising the profile like people claim and i'm almost certain the people spending money on the WNBA deal will see it my way. nobody paying 40 milli extra (hypothetical number) for non CC games. she is literally a great white hope type draw.

it's just not what yall think it is, that's all i'm saying. it's sad we gotta go back and forth this much. i say MJ/Bird/Magic because those were actual people that sent the NBA to the next stratosphere on their backs, CC is not going to do that. her fans are still mostly racist cacs that have no interest in watching a bunch of "black lesbians" or whatever they say.

which is wild because the WNBA has so many white players, but aye.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
He's right

Also the 92 dream team had a hiv magic and a bad back bird who retired right after.

No one cares about seeing some big dykes

I would have put Clark and Reese