Caitlin Clark making only $76K as a rookie, sparks outrage

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
They want $420 for me to seat 11 rows back.
:heh:
I’d drop it for courtside.
:ehh:
They pricing out a family of four who want to take their daughters to see Boston, CC and whoever plays for the Dream.
:to:
I used to flip buddy passes for Orlando magic tickets. I had a buddy who was an employee that would sell his seats to fly for free.

I miss the airlines.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do wnba games look like? Is it filled with bull dykes? :scust:

Or is the stadium basically empty?:pachaha:
I read in some comment section on this story someone say the crowd wasn't very family friendly compared to the nba.
First thought was a bunch of overweight woman with short hair and backwards hats
Hope I don't go to hell.

Superstar
Daps
This is how im competing against Shaq to lock down Angel Reese.

See, I was already aware that WNBA players make no money. I make more than they do.

So my plan is to hit her with the Sugar daddy "come here" wave that ole boy gave to Jada Pinkett Smith in Set it Off and then the rest will be history.

setitoff-set.gif

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
76K for not even a full year's work isn't poverty

On top of that, 76k is what the average american household makes.... Not a single person, a household.

the WNBA as a product is nowhere near the level of womens tennis or the LPGA.

and if we really want to get down to it, NWSL puts more asses in seats than the WNBA does.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
My first ever WNBA game was the All Star Game last season and it was stud city in there.
That’s the little unspoken thing people keep glossing over and wanna pretend doesn’t contribute to the problem

Nobody wanna watch a bunch of bulldaggers

Same thing with alphabet gang in general, the majority of the public don’t fukk with that shyt like that. But they make it like their presence online and on social media represents a huge part of the population

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
TV deal is up next year though
Revenue is up but just took a look at a summary of the WNBA's CBA. WNBA salaries aren't tied to league revenue like the NBA is. And the most recent CBA the salary cap each year is codified. 3% raises each year until 2027 from the 2020 number. I imagine that may change when it's time to renegotiate the CBA. To be more like other league and they're be a revenue percentage split. Even if it's not on par with the men's leagues and it's say anywhere between 30%-40%, that going multiply the current salary cap by like 5-8 times.

Given current revenue trends and if they hold. We'll be seeing some WNBA players make 7 figure salaries by the end of the decade. Hell... Caitlin Clark might be the first one. The current CBA expires right when the 2024 draft class' rookie deals are up.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Anyway…has there ever been a goal number thrown out as to what a rookie deal should reach? Is $150/yr gonna get people to be happy? What’s the benchmark

The real question is just how much more could salaries increase without drawing too much attention to the current revenue/operating costs.

WNBA could definitely benefit from being on regular networks to maximize opportunities to get seen/normalize the game.... Giving them the friday night death slot isn't helping anything.

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
Looking at the bigger picture in the growth of the women's game especially the last two years with CC and the Aces... we're about to see some unprecedented things...shyt even the draft had crazy ratings...unless Caitlin mails it in and is a dud the WNBA will be getting that stimulus it never had this year ...I'm looking forward to it. I been a fan for a good minute ... watching the skill level of players like Aja Chelsea Gray and Jackie Young has been fun to watch ... Kelsey Plum is a bucket too :wow:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Take the BIG3 money to help supplement :blessed:
shyt at this point she might as well

It was only a couple games too, right? She can make retirement money just at the Big 3, because she won’t be making bread as a WNBA player.

Gonna make more off endorsements…

I would make that Big 3 bread and win a ‘chip… after that, she could stay in the league for the love of it or just bounce.