Brehs, What's With These Single-Player "Purist" Guys In Gaming?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If that's the case the why act like it's a good thing that multiplayer isnt in part 2?

I really liked the multiplayer in the first game and it was something I was looking forward to.
I never said or acted like it's a good thing. Don't know where you got that from. I simply am relieved that they are working on a mp title period.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I play both but you are a good example of why people dont want to waste their time playing with you

No matter the game or style, people that are adamant about playing with other people actually just want to micromanage how you play and complain
2k is a great example too, with that stupid fukking rep system nobody wants to lose and if they do... they turn the game off after 2 losses
nobody is really on to just hoop and have fun, that 95-99 rating doesnt even matter or mean shyt. It exposed alot of petty people real quick
It was already bad enough waiting 10-15 minutes for people to squad up.

Or jump on Ghost recon, you pay 60$ for a game you enjoy... then when you play with people...they dont want you to shoot. They make you drive so they can shoot.
They try to micromanage where you go for shyt that only benefits them. Then you go along with it, and they still complain and bytch about the overall team play even though
nothing you are doing benefits you in any way. Most of the time online people try to cheese or find exploits then spam that shyt. Its hard as fukk to just play online and have a fun game going
People lose in races and then purposefully crash into the pack so nobody can win etc... its honestly crazy and you think it would get old. But it doesnt in any game ever :russ: Red Dead is just nikkas
camping at the finale of the mission so you have to crash your wagon into the goal before they buckshot you. GTA had snipers down every street, people throwing grenades into shops or blocking exits
with cars. I still play all of these shyts, but 75% of the time I'm thinking... why did I even buy this shyt. Nobody is enjoying or benefiting from any of this shyt. :mjlol: I'm not even gonna lie ... I'm average to above average at 2k so I'm usually the guy playing D and hitting corner 3's... I'll kill it on defense and feed the key players. But boom, of course when they miss shots and we lose its my fault. :troll: I become just that dude doing the shyt nobody else wants to do. If you ever wanna see how corny and unreliable the gaming community is, just go on youtube and look at who makes videos for what games. 99% of those nikkas are corny as fukk and they are actually the better people around. You mix that with trolls and poor sports and its just a fukking headache. But if you overcome all of this and manage to pull out a victory, you are knighted as "the ******" from Thomas in Iowa
what a consolation prize !!! :mjpls:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Not sure what @Fatboi1 did to you but...

Save some for the sequeeeeel :damn:

My brother, I am sorry that you was once wronged but you gotta man up a little bit here. I don't subscribe to what you're saying because it's not really what happens. I have more experience with that than you because again..I don't subscribe to what you believe. I'll tell deezay below what it really is...

The reality is in most games nobody is talking. And the ones that do talk in parties mostly. People are generally afraid to speak to randoms, I feel it's a sign of the times. And in the event you are in a game that has active talkers, and one guy in particular is annoying to you? You can mute them very easily so the reasons given by you and @levitate are just flat out not the reasons why you don't game online like that. Thread starters reasons are likely when nikkaz making up reasons, that's my scientific reasoning for why you nikkaz moist :yeshrug:

It's science!!! :stylin:

MP is reliant upon too many outside factors

1. Having a good internet connection
2. Finding good people to play with that aren’t annoying and looking for every exploit ever.
3. Having too much time to actually get good at the game
Like on the average day I have maybe two-3 hours to fukk off. I want to chill and relax not spend hours dealing with dripped connections, lag, trolls, cheaters and hoping my friends also have the same amount of time as I do to play with me. When I could just pop in a SP game and get my two hours in uninterrupted and go on about my life

This no mulitplayer on TLOU fiasco exposed a whole lot of beta fakkit males and girl gamers.

I can understand if you dont like MP at all or dont like getting MP trophies if you're a trophy hunter, but outright being happy about lack of MP or voicing your opinion about something that doesn't concern you is increidbly stupid.
I know for a fact yall that are dissing us that like MP buy a game for 60 bucks, play it for 20-25 hours on EASY, finish the game and never play it again. Why not get your moneys worth and get a game with both SP and a good MP? So fukking stupid.

You're not worried about a cac kid calling you the N-Word, you're just dogshyt at every online game that's out there. Who in their right mind is even in game chat? Everyone (at least I thought) should be in party chat. Scared of a cac fakkit on an online game, I swear you nikkas are beta.

That’s your opinion, 25 hours can take me weeks to finish. I have other interests outside of gaming, so I can’t commit a few hours everyday to play. MP takes a lot of time to be competitive and it requires a lot of patience. I am not about to spend the 3-4 hours a day of free time I have trying to get good enough at one video game to be somewhat competitive. It’s not worth it to me, so no I don’t need TLOU, uncharted, god of war or fukking final fantasy to have a tram death match mode to justify my purchase

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
are they just the type that hates competition against real humans and prefers to beat up on poor ol' A.I.? :pachaha:

can't handle the heat? prefer to be the God in your virtual universe without testing your skills against other human beings? :sas1:

these are the types of guys that constantly hate on sports too, like "EWWWW sports :gag: sports are dumb why do you watch that" :scusthov: type

these dudes really outchea celebrating no multiplayer modes in games :dahell:
I like competition but at the same time I’m not getting paid to be at the top of a gaming leaderboard. Nor do I want to. Online gaming has evolved into paybto be good or proving you are better than everyone else. But I don’t have the time to practice as much as everyone else and not being competitive takes the fun out. So I can just play SP and get my gaming fix without feeling the need to rank up. And honestly unless I’m playing with people I know I don’t care to be competitive. Also beating up on the “poor” AI is satisfying and they won’t call me a ****** for doing it.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Like someone posted before, us OG gamers grew up on SP games. For me, gone are the days when you had all your boys over, neighborhood kids and everybody passing the sticks. That was good enough for me.

Today, you hop on MP and your playing a bunch of incel, chronic masterbators, who know every single loophole, that plays the dam game 24/7 and you want to make fun of me for not being as good or "afraid" of competition?

:russ:

Yea ok...if you ain't stackin Gs like these Twitch folk, then you need to re-evaluate your life.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I never said or acted like it's a good thing. Don't know where you got that from. I simply am relieved that they are working on a mp title period.
I never said you were, nor was @MeachTheMonster trying to argue which game had better multiplayer.

I was simply expanding on his statement that if the last of us had a multiplayer mode that was up there with some of the best multiplayer games, then why are people acting like it's a good thing that it wont be in the sequel?

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
are they just the type that hates competition against real humans and prefers to beat up on poor ol' A.I.? :pachaha:

can't handle the heat? prefer to be the God in your virtual universe without testing your skills against other human beings? :sas1:

these are the types of guys that constantly hate on sports too, like "EWWWW sports :gag: sports are dumb why do you watch that" :scusthov: type

these dudes really outchea celebrating no multiplayer modes in games :dahell:
i think ppl that love SP games love them because they do it has nothing to do with not being able to compete or beat people that love MP games....i love gears for the SP and nikkas around here know how i get down in MP

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never said you were, nor was @MeachTheMonster trying to argue which game had better multiplayer.

I was simply expanding on his statement that if the last of us had a multiplayer mode that was up there with some of the best multiplayer games, then why are people acting like it's a good thing that it wont be in the sequel?
Simple.

TLOU was a new IP that was presented off the strength of it's story/campaign and the MP wasa surprise that was solid albeit not as big as the other games whom since day 1 has had multiple iterations that were all advertised as games with strong MP/Co-Op with a story to boot. Not exactly a fair comparison. Halo, Gears and COD when mentioned are even in it's SP multiplayer games since day 1.

Those that act like it's good that MP isn't there are simply those who don't care about the MP. There's no real data to quantify how much players went online and for how long.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Online has become a cheese fest in nearly every multiplayer game. People just find a way to exploit the game and say they're good.

Literally the other day I was playing a RDR Online mission against the NPCs and some breh just comes out of nowhere and blows me up just because :gucci:
well RDR and GTAV is a given u in them streets homie dont nobody owe u nothing :russ:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
TLOU was a new IP that was presented off the strength of it's story/campaign and the MP wasa surprise that was solid albeit not as big as the other games whom since day 1 has had multiple iterations that were all advertised as games with strong MP/Co-Op with a story to boot. Not exactly a fair comparison. Halo, Gears and COD when mentioned are even in it's SP multiplayer games since day 1.
TLOU established what gamers could expect going forward. None of those games you mentioned started out as multiplayer focused games.

Uncharted started out as a single player experience, now I cant imagine a uncharted game without that feature.

This move seems like a way to either charge more for multiplayer or rush the game out unfinished before the ps5 release.

Some companies get shytted on for holding back content for later release or releasing unfinished product. I guess when you're a super fan of certain companies you dont care as much.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You SP-only ppl are such full of shyt. :heh:

Just admit you're older, can't invest the necessary time to be respectable, and keep it moving. It's OK, nobody's judging.

Why YOU don't play multiplayer has nothing to do with the mode.

All this juelzing. :heh:

Most are Sony stans.

Sony doesn’t make many multiplayer games.

Stans gotta hate on multiplayer games in order to prop up Sony.

Ask them in the past and TLOU multiplayer was the best shyt out. Better than COD, Gears, Halo, you name it.

Now TLOU won’t have a multiplayer and they are saying that’s a good thing :mjlol:

Disgusting behavior :scust:

It is.

MS-exclusive Titanfall drops. MP only. Arguable the best MP shooter of the gen.

"Game is trash with no single player."
"What is this tact on shyt."

Overwatch drops. Fortnite drops. MP only.

*tumbleweeds*

Weird bunch.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I have nothing against multiplayer, but the shyt just eventually gets old and repetitive. A great single player game is rewarding from beginning to end. A great multiplayer is rewarding until it gets boring playing the same modes over and over again. This has been the case for me for every multiplayer game I've ever played, no matter how fun it was. Yet I was able to put hundreds of hours into Fallout 3 and Skyrim before even finishing the main story. The satisfaction of finally beating a boss in Dark Souls after dying time and time again is pretty unmatched. The feeling of having witnessed a generation defining story at the end of TLOU isn't something multiplayer can replicate. I played the shyt out of COD's Blackout mode and the feeling of getting that first solos win was great, but then what? Do it again, I guess:manny:Multiplayer is a fun way to get more out of a game besides buying expansion packs, but no matter how competitive I am I'm gonna get bored and move on to something else. Single player has a sense of finality and completion. I hopefully got my money's worth for 25-50 hrs and if there's a multiplayer I can fukk with it for a while until I'm ready for something else.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'm not disagreeing with you,I get your point. It's like if you watch football every Sunday, someone might ask if that gets repetitive not realizing every game has it's own uniqueness to it..... So I get it, but I think with modern first person shooters at least they really suffer from a lack of differentiation and lack of creativity also,
Not really.

The big shooters like COD, battlefield, RB6 siege, Halo, overwatch, destiny all have drastically different takes on the same type of game modes.

The problem is the yearly releases from some of those franchises and bland ass rip offs.

I'm a single player guy most of the time. I might buy 1 or 2 multiplayer focused games a year to play with friends, but the vast majority of my gaming collection is single player.

My issue with multiplayer games is the way these companies have started monetizing them to get every last dollar. The big companies act like single player games are a curse because there's no easy way to force dlc and loot boxes in them.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
TLOU established what gamers could expect going forward. None of those games you mentioned started out as multiplayer focused games.

Uncharted started out as a single player experience, now I cant imagine a uncharted game without that feature.

This move seems like a way to either charge more for multiplayer or rush the game out unfinished before the ps5 release.

Some companies get shytted on for holding back content for later release or releasing unfinished product. I guess when you're a super fan of certain companies you dont care as much.
Halo and Gears absolutely was a multiplayer focused game. The campaigns are co-op! I never heard anyone talk about Halo or Gears, and then proceed to ONLY talk about the SP and not about how dope it is with someone in co-op or about the MP exclusively. That literally was the draw of the game. It had a SP mode but again, it was still multiplayer oriented and supported.

TLOU when revealed and shown off, was shown off as a SP game all the way until the very month it released when they showed a MP mode. Most people dismissed MP in ND games because "Oh it's not Halo or Gears.." or something and assumed it won't be good. I know the expectation was there with the first game and I don't disagree.

The MP not being in part II is imo wack but I'll take MP coming later and them focusing on the SP and releasing it in Feb than to delay the entire project because they want to make both the MP and SP ambitious.

Can you imagine that trailer not having a release date and them saying "We're sorry for not giving the release date but we want to make the most ambitious game of our time here at ND so we choose to delay the game until further notice because we want the MP mode to be as big as the SP mode."

I could already see threads/comments about how ND's MP games are trash and "why are they delaying the game for MP!?? Who cares about MP!?" and this topic would be about MP purists instead. Oh and the "nobody cares because it's ND" point is corny because let's face it, those who don't care... don't care. People complain and are outraged about anything these days. If it's really an issue, don't buy the game day 1. Vote with your money. I'm not into all that gamer outrage over shyt that I have no control over if I don't like it I don't buy.

Last edited: