Brehs, What's With These Single-Player "Purist" Guys In Gaming?

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
My friends got mad cuz they used to wash me in MKX till I copped on steam sale and played online for a couple weeks. Then they called me a nerd cuz I would body em with Kung Lao :dead: told them nikkas to play online and they got washed

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I just want it to be fun. Usually its more fun to me if its moderately easy and also an immersive world like RD2 etc rather than me repeatedly getting killed by a 14 year old on COD. You can keep that shyt.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
I preter SP games cuz they usually have more content, basically giving you your moneys worth over buying games full price that are mostly multiplayer with a bunch of fluff and filler rather than overall content. I mean if thats what you want, more power to ya, but thats not exactly my cup of tea.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I'm all about stories, worlds and characters in video games. MP just doesn't interest me. Only game I play online is FIFA

Romell

Superstar
Daps
ust admit you're older, can't invest the necessary time to be respectable, and keep it moving. It's OK, nobody's judging.

Why YOU don't play multiplayer has nothing to do with the mode.

All this juelzing.
I'm saying.

I personally play both :yeshrug:
The randomness of a 64 player Battlefield match is something all gamers should experience.:wow:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
For me it's the pause button.. I got other shyt to do. I don't have 1 hour, let alone hours of uninterrupted video game time. I'm usually doing 5 other things on pause, come back to run a few plays/missions, pause, and get right back to what I was doing.

Soon as you sign in online, you gotta be focused on that and only that.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Only thing moist in here is your passion for trolling young nikkas on a forum, Old Man.
Be an inspiration for once in your internet life.
What a profoundly moist thing to say from the guy who calls himself "your dad's bully" :francis:
A lot of us grew up around a time when it was only single player. It's what a lot of people are used to just like late 90/00's babies growing up on multi player
Try again, most of us grew up around a time when online console gaming didn't exist, so we craved playing against people even more so I would say. Kids of today have always had that option and would welcome a great offline title like it used to be. We can all appreciate that too but for these youngins.. they don't have new classics that can compete.
For me it's the pause button.. I got other shyt to do. I don't have 1 hour, let alone hours of uninterrupted video game time. I'm usually doing 5 other things on pause, come back to run a few plays/missions, pause, and get right back to what I was doing.

Soon as you sign in online, you gotta be focused on that and only that.
I feel you, but that's a problem for impulse buyers who cop the newest games because everyone else does. If you pick for yourself you won't have that problem. Shorten up that rotation and include some indie titles. You'll be cured in a few days :handshake:

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Try again, most of us grew up around a time when online console gaming didn't exist, so we craved playing against people even more so I would say. Kids of today have always had that option and would welcome a great offline title like it used to be. We can all appreciate that too but for these youngins.. they don't have new classics that can compete.

I cant speak for everyone because I nor everyone else knows everyone and their background so I'm just speaking for myself. You craved playing against people while others like myself just want to game. I enjoy a good story over multi but I enjoy multi as well especially when I'm playng with friends or a cohesive unit.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
shyt I wouldn’t want to play online neither if my k/d was .7:Smileyaknow:

To me there’s no better feeling from a video game than clutching a 3 v 1 in siege, or getting that last kill in blackout. My heart starts racing like a mfer but on the flip side I do enjoy a game like red dead. That’s probably the last sp game I played

Hot Red Buns

Life's too short, little baby fall through
Daps
Reppin
Houston
are they just the type that hates competition against real humans and prefers to beat up on poor ol' A.I.? :pachaha:

can't handle the heat? prefer to be the God in your virtual universe without testing your skills against other human beings? :sas1:

these are the types of guys that constantly hate on sports too, like "EWWWW sports :gag: sports are dumb why do you watch that" :scusthov: type

these dudes really outchea celebrating no multiplayer modes in games :dahell:

I really enjoy a good single player story, also a good co-op with a friend is nice.

Most online gaming communities are trash, and also the micro-transactions that have become standard in almost every multiplayer game is absurd. Half of these games are play to win, its just discouraging.

And its not about "not being good" or whatever. I used to be a diligent HALO player, competed in tournaments and everything. The community was fun once upon a time and now its complete shyt, I can't remember the last time I played HALO online. I was also fairly good at COD and pretty darn good on Battlefield. Fighting games is the only thing I really sucked at.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I cant speak for everyone because I nor everyone else knows everyone and their background so I'm just speaking for myself. You craved playing against people while others like myself just want to game. I enjoy a good story over multi but I enjoy multi as well especially when I'm playng with friends or a cohesive unit.
Nah, I feel I speak for the majority. Before on line gaming you could only to co OP. Now maybe people didn't have friends like that but the ones that did competed with each other. To be able to continue that rivalry at home? My nikka, back then we had to hope our parents allowed us to use the TV because nikkaz didn't have 3+ TVs to choose from, that wasn't as normal as it is today. Today a toddler got a smartphone n shyt.

Anyways, I'll let others elaborate cuz I'm agreeing with everyone's points.. kinda
I really enjoy a good single player story, also a good co-op with a friend is nice.

Most online gaming communities are trash, and also the micro-transactions that have become standard in almost every multiplayer game is absurd. Half of these games are play to win, its just discouraging.

And its not about "not being good" or whatever. I used to be a diligent HALO player, competed in tournaments and everything. The community was fun once upon a time and now its complete shyt, I can't remember the last time I played HALO online. I was also fairly good at COD and pretty darn good on Battlefield. Fighting games is the only thing I really sucked at.
You are shorting yourself faking on halo, halo 5 is an awesome game. Halo 4 was not ad good as reach but I like what they was trying to do with the multiplayer. Halo 5 they actually nailed it. And you will see for yourself when halo 6 lands.

Nba2k i stopped playing for the reasons you mentioned with halo