Brehs, What's With These Single-Player "Purist" Guys In Gaming?

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
I'm not disagreeing with you,I get your point. It's like if you watch football every Sunday, someone might ask if that gets repetitive not realizing every game has it's own uniqueness to it..... So I get it, but I think with modern first person shooters at least they really suffer from a lack of differentiation and lack of creativity also,
I play third person shooters. Only exception I make is for 007 n battlefield

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is.

MS-exclusive Titanfall drops. MP only. Arguable the best MP shooter of the gen.

"Game is trash with no single player."
"What is this tact on shyt."

Overwatch drops. Fortnite drops. MP only.

*tumbleweeds*

Weird bunch.
How much did Fortnite cost and how much did Titanfall cost. :patrice:

Also Overwatch? You mean that game from Blizzard? The company that made MP focused titles for decades? Great comparison. :facepalm:

How can Titanfall be tacked on... when there's no other mode? You read what you typed?
Tacked on means a sloppy put together mode or thing in a game with something else. Like the MP in Tomb Raider reboot being tacked on or MP games in some throwaway James Bond game. That's tacked on. A MP only game can't be described as tacked on :snoop:

Idk who you speaking to about Titanfall but I have Titanfall 1 and 2 on PC. Titanfall 1 imo was definitely lacking a SP mode but I still bought it and liked it. I didn't play it a LOT but I did get into it. I have TF2 and the SP mode was much needed and made the game a much better package. Why don't y'all just tag who y'all talking about and quote them if you're going to make accusations of people shytting on TF but being quiet about Overwatch or Fortnite simply due to TF being Xbox exclusive. When I say shyt like that,I have receipts.

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Like someone posted before, us OG gamers grew up on SP games. For me, gone are the days when you had all your boys over, neighborhood kids and everybody passing the sticks. That was good enough for me.

Today, you hop on MP and your playing a bunch of incel, chronic masterbators, who know every single loophole, that plays the dam game 24/7 and you want to make fun of me for not being as good or "afraid" of competition?

:russ:

Yea ok...if you ain't stackin Gs like these Twitch folk, then you need to re-evaluate your life.

Y’all nikkas such weirdos man. Look at this stupid ass logic. Going by this, since I’m not a pro b-ball player, I shouldn’t bother at my local gym? Or since I’m not an professional cook, I should go to restaurants only? And what is this time and effort crap y’all keep posting about? Like MP game is akin to going to medical school.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Halo and Gears absolutely was a multiplayer focused game. The campaigns are co-op! I never heard anyone talk about Halo or Gears, and then proceed to ONLY talk about the SP and not about how dope it is with someone in co-op or about the MP exclusively. That literally was the draw of the game. It had a SP mode but again, it was still multiplayer oriented and supported.
Halo 1 is not held to such high regards because of fukking co-op and split screen multiplayer. Nether was Halo 2, the shyt was just an added bonus to clearly single player story driven games. Multiplayer didnt start being the focus until halo 3 when online gaming took off.
TLOU when revealed and shown off, was shown off as a SP game all the way until the very month it released when they showed a MP mode. Most people dismissed MP in ND games because "Oh it's not Halo or Gears.." or something and assumed it won't be good.
Who the fukk dismisses ND multiplayer games other than xbox stans? That shyt went out the window when uncharted 2 was promoted as a single player game till the last minute when they showed multiplayer. People said it was gonna be garbage, it turned out amazing, and now multiplayer is something people look forward to in ND games.
The MP not being in part II is imo wack but I'll take MP coming later and them focusing on the SP and releasing it in Feb than to delay the entire project because they want to make both the MP and SP ambitious. Can you imagine that trailer not having a release date and them saying "We're sorry for not giving the release date but we want to make the most ambitious game of our time here at ND so we choose to delay the game until further notice because we want the MP mode to be as big as the SP mode."

That's Sony's fault for announcing the game years in advance, and continuing to drop hints that it was almost ready when it wasn't. Let the shyt cook, announce in February that it drops with the ps5 multiplayer included cross platform play with the ps4.

That trailer and entire state of play was trash and pointless. Like how big can the multiplayer be? Are they trying to make some mmo type destiny shyt with 100 players in a huge map? Keep that shyt simple like the first game.
:gucci:

If there is one criticism of ND multiplayer games, it's that they just love putting out something simple and fun, and then changing shyt up way too much for the sequel.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Halo 1 is not held to such high regards because of fukking co-op and split screen multiplayer. Nether was Halo 2, the shyt was just an added bonus to clearly single player story driven games. Multiplayer did start being the focus until halo 3 when online gaming took off.
Huh? Halo 1's MP and coop was very big. That's all I remember people talked about whenever Halo came out. Halo 1 I used to play at a friend's house co-op split screen and others was playing LAN. I didn't say the SP wasn't good, I just said that it was very much suggested as a SP experience that can be played together and it was.

Who the fukk dismisses ND multiplayer games other than xbox stan? That shyt went out the window when uncharted 2 was promoted as a single player game till the last minute when they showed multiplayer. People said it was gonna be garbage, it turned out amazing, and now multiplayer is something people look forward to in ND games.
There definitely was people dismissing and downplaying Uncharted 2's multiplayer. I felt like some folks felt it wasn't "legitimate" compared to things like Halo or Gears because it was on PSN. PSN during the PS3 days had a stigma of being that "other" online service that wasn't as good as Xbox Live and that thought felt like it went towards the MP games also.

That's Sony's fault for announcing the game years in advance, and continuing to drop hints that it was almost ready when it wasn't. Let the shyt cook, announce in February that it drops with the ps5 multiplayer included cross platform play with the ps4.
Nothing they would've done would've made everyone happy. That's the thing with these online forums. NOTHING makes everyone happy there's ALWAYS someone angry. I can bet you $5 someone would've been like "Oh boy they delayed it for the PS5 smh they made us buy a PS4 for this game!" or something equal to that.

That trailer and entire state of play was trash and pointless. Like how big can the multiplayer be? Are they trying to make some mmo type destiny shyt with 100 players in a huge map? Keep that shyt simple like the first game.
:gucci:
We have no idea. Now that they said what they said, the MP better look as if it was worth the long wait because if it's just a simple 4v4 deathmatch/objective thing people are going to complain especially if it's not free.

If there is one criticism of ND multiplayer games, it's that they just love putting out something simple and fun, and then changing shyt up way too much for the sequel.
Agreed. I hated the stuff they did with UC2 going to 3 and 3 to 4. So dumb. UC2 was absolutely my favorite MP game on PS3, more so over Gears and even Halo(though I enjoyed those as well.) 3 just tried to copy COD and 4 did some dumb shyt and then they just stopped supporting it shortly after about a year or so. Only time will tell what their MP objective is. Since the SP is so ambitious, that will be held to scrutiny by others because now if it's not some 50 hour epic open world adventure in the veins of God of War then people will question what was so "ambitious" in the first place. Either way, it's a done deal they said what they said. No sense in really arguing about it.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Online is great if you find likeminded people to play the game with. Games like Madden or 2K are amazing if you can find a good league of people who aren't trying to take advantage of every exploit. My favorite online experience was with Fight Night. I won 80% of my 200+ matches in that. But it got annoying when the majority of fights was against people fought the exact same way based on whatever the current exploit was. It's the same as COD or third person shooters with the quick scoping or sniping while not even playing the objectives. That shyt gets old for those who actually want to play the game as intended and leads to frustration and is the reason I rarely play online games anymore. I'm good in most of the games and usually near the top of leaderboards but my motto is I'm playing to have fun. And if I'm frustrated by a game then why am I playing. At least with SP games you don't have to worry about those other variables to enjoy the game.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I enjoy both game modes, but it’s weird to say multiplayer is repetitive when single-player story driven games don’t change. When playing online you’re matched against different people employing different strategies, no match is ever the exact same.
A story driven single-player experience is always the same, the same story, the same set pieces, the same enemies, the same settings, and there is nothing wrong with that, but it is the truth.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Go on Gamerankings. The majority of the GOAT games are all SP focused with the exception of the fighting games. The Witcher 3 proved beyond a doubt that there is huge demand for an immersive SP experience. Wait until TESVI drops and the lobbies of popular MP games go silent for a few weeks.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Halo and Gears absolutely was a multiplayer focused game. The campaigns are co-op! I never heard anyone talk about Halo or Gears, and then proceed to ONLY talk about the SP and not about how dope it is with someone in co-op or about the MP exclusively. That literally was the draw of the game. It had a SP mode but again, it was still multiplayer oriented and supported.

TLOU when revealed and shown off, was shown off as a SP game all the way until the very month it released when they showed a MP mode. Most people dismissed MP in ND games because "Oh it's not Halo or Gears.." or something and assumed it won't be good. I know the expectation was there with the first game and I don't disagree.

The MP not being in part II is imo wack but I'll take MP coming later and them focusing on the SP and releasing it in Feb than to delay the entire project because they want to make both the MP and SP ambitious.

Can you imagine that trailer not having a release date and them saying "We're sorry for not giving the release date but we want to make the most ambitious game of our time here at ND so we choose to delay the game until further notice because we want the MP mode to be as big as the SP mode."

I could already see threads/comments about how ND's MP games are trash and "why are they delaying the game for MP!?? Who cares about MP!?" and this topic would be about MP purists instead. Oh and the "nobody cares because it's ND" point is corny because let's face it, those who don't care... don't care. People complain and are outraged about anything these days. If it's really an issue, don't buy the game day 1. Vote with your money. I'm not into all that gamer outrage over shyt that I have no control over if I don't like it I don't buy.
Sony stans :mjlol:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
How much did Fortnite cost and how much did Titanfall cost. :patrice:

Also Overwatch? You mean that game from Blizzard? The company that made MP focused titles for decades? Great comparison. :facepalm:

How can Titanfall be tacked on... when there's no other mode? You read what you typed?
Tacked on means a sloppy put together mode or thing in a game with something else. Like the MP in Tomb Raider reboot being tacked on or MP games in some throwaway James Bond game. That's tacked on. A MP only game can't be described as tacked on :snoop:

Idk who you speaking to about Titanfall but I have Titanfall 1 and 2 on PC. Titanfall 1 imo was definitely lacking a SP mode but I still bought it and liked it. I didn't play it a LOT but I did get into it. I have TF2 and the SP mode was much needed and made the game a much better package. Why don't y'all just tag who y'all talking about and quote them if you're going to make accusations of people shytting on TF but being quiet about Overwatch or Fortnite simply due to TF being Xbox exclusive. When I say shyt like that,I have receipts.

When TF1 dropped it was hammered for having a campaign mode that was really just multiplayer with rolling gametypes. They called it tacked on and part of its rating was negatively effected by it. So much so that part of TF2's marketing insisted on promoting the inclusion of SP. It didn't matter that the MP balance, gameplay, and maps were top tier.

Where is this energy for other MP-only titles that have zero SP elements? You knew Titanfall was MP-only going in, yet it still got dinged for it. Yea... I'm sure MS exclusivity and the stan war surrounding Xbox One's launch had nothing to do with it. :mjlol:

And when did you ever like Titanfall?

I know y'all want desperately to prop this game up. But its just not worth it.

Game is pretty ass. I'm sure there's fun to be had for those of you who aren't into fps games and just want to see flash in the pan gameplay. But as a person who's put extensive time into the genre over the years, Titanfall is ass. No other way to describe it:manny:

Always lyin to kick it. :stopitslime::camby:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When TF1 dropped it was hammered for having a campaign mode that was really just multiplayer with rolling gametypes. They called it tacked on and part of its rating was negatively effected by it. So much so that part of TF2's marketing insisted on promoting the inclusion of SP. It didn't matter that the MP balance, gameplay, and maps were top tier.
Oh yeah that's true, the "campaign" was really just MP matches with bots. It was really a stretch to consider it a full campaign compared to other FPS games. You also gotta remember this was early in the gen. Bringing up Fortnite and other games which came much later is lazy because those games came in 2016(overwatch) and 2017(Fortnite) while TF was a newcomer in 2014. Besides what you talking about, the game didn't get panned critically though so bringing up forum talk is moot because nikkaz always going to say something.

Where is this energy for other MP-only titles that have zero SP elements? You knew Titanfall was MP-only going in, yet it still got dinged for it. Yea... I'm sure MS exclusivity and the stan war surrounding Xbox One's launch had nothing to do with it. :mjlol:

And when did you ever like Titanfall?
It didn't get dinged though :skip: It has a 86 Metacritic rating. The game was just a great game.
Y'all acting like it was the second coming of fukking Halo 3 or something. You making it seem like it got a 69 or something.

Other games that got "dinged" for being MP only at launch or period was GT Sport, Street Fighter V etc. Don't act like it was only Xbox games. Y'all stay with some persecution complex but forget when other titles get the same treatment. Later down the gen f2p and online only games because the norm so it ain't nothing serious.

Always lyin to kick it. :stopitslime::camby:
You dudes love to quote obviously sarcastic and troll posts. You could of idk went into the Official Thread to find posts like these :skip:
Just finished IMC campaign. Man i wish they did something better. The dementer mission was dope though.

Damn I hate that smart pistol but I love it too. Hugging the wall with the cloak on makes it feel like this is Titanninja.

I just be fukking with titans though, I jump on them and get right off cuz dudes got hip to the game and started ejecting as soon as they notice someone is on so i just get off and take care of them and murk that auto titan.

I hope they add a pilot only tdm or something, i see dudes starting to play like this ain't COD. Jumping in the air and zip zapping around makes this no longer feel like cod.

Yea I think 8v8 would be great for some maps. Some maps like Dementer feels too big for 6v6. Bots... :patrice: Idk.. I thought pilot hunter was going to not have them but it's the same..

Capture the flag is fukking crazy!!! I just quit out the game because I'm just not ready yet. :whew: Gotta play this on a full stomach.

Oh nah I was just talking about doing that tactic.

This game is crack. Idk but it just clicked with me like yesterday and I'm loving it. I wasn't feeling it too much at first on the real but all of a sudden I "get" the game. I hope they don't change up the loadout system in future iterations. I'd hate if they went the COD route and added a bunch of different abilities that can be leveled up.

Hardpoint is :banderas:, Capture the flag is fukking insane and I haven't tried Last Titan standing. All they need to add is some hardcore modes and a few spin off modes. I'm loving the parkour system, it feels so freaking fresh. Titan on titan battles feel like Halo too. Imagine if they did a BF4 take on Titanfall but with BF4 engine?

:banderas: I'm copping that season pass soon.

Yeah I was lying there too right? :skip:

Last edited:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Tacked on multiplayer modes take away resources and time invested from single player modes.

Unless the game is designed with the competitive multiplayer in-mind, just focus those resources and manpower on polishing up the single player.
this wasn't the case with the first TLOU nor is it the issue here. I know ND said it was; however they're working on a separate IP for PS5 RIGHT NOW. so if working on a mode for a game in the lab splits resources, wouldn't a whole other game hurt more???

at this point, ppl capin for this decision are contrarian weirdos.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't say I'm a purist. Hell I don't even play games like that. But I don't fukk with Multiplayer modes in games at all.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
You SP-only ppl are such full of shyt. :heh:

Just admit you're older, can't invest the necessary time to be respectable, and keep it moving. It's OK, nobody's judging.

Why YOU don't play multiplayer has nothing to do with the mode.

All this juelzing. :heh:

It is.

MS-exclusive Titanfall drops. MP only. Arguable the best MP shooter of the gen.

"Game is trash with no single player."

Overwatch drops. Fortnite drops. MP only.

*tumbleweeds*

Weird bunch.
No they have the time. These same mfs will brag and boast about beating P5, the witcher, all of nioh, and GoW on the hardest difficulty.