Brehs, What's With These Single-Player "Purist" Guys In Gaming?

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
MP is reliant upon too many outside factors

1. Having a good internet connection
2. Finding good people to play with that aren’t annoying and looking for every exploit ever.
3. Having too much time to actually get good at the game
Like on the average day I have maybe two-3 hours to fukk off. I want to chill and relax not spend hours dealing with dripped connections, lag, trolls, cheaters and hoping my friends also have the same amount of time as I do to play with me. When I could just pop in a SP game and get my two hours in uninterrupted and go on about my life

That’s your opinion, 25 hours can take me weeks to finish. I have other interests outside of gaming, so I can’t commit a few hours everyday to play. MP takes a lot of time to be competitive and it requires a lot of patience. I am not about to spend the 3-4 hours a day of free time I have trying to get good enough at one video game to be somewhat competitive. It’s not worth it to me, so no I don’t need TLOU, uncharted, god of war or fukking final fantasy to have a tram death match mode to justify my purchase
Breh if you don’t like it or want to play that’s up to you, I’m getting at the nikkas rejoicing and complaining that MP is in a game.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Breh if you don’t like it or want to play that’s up to you, I’m getting at the nikkas rejoicing and complaining that MP is in a game.
No one is complaining about MP being in a FPS or racing or a fighting games. People are complaining about them feeling the need to tack on a multi player mode in a adventure game or a story focused game. Just because MP games are popular and they can get more money from micro transactions.

TLOU doesn’t need mp, that game isn’t about fighting so unless its co-op, it doesn’t make sense. Also I would rather have new story dlc like what the Witcher did, for a game like that.

But OP asked why we ain’t like MP and I gave my reasons. shyt to be honest I think a game like mass effect should of had a co op mode , basically any game where you have a crew should be able to be controlled by a person. And not some mode that isn’t related to the main game

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No one is complaining about MP being in a FPS or racing or a fighting games. People are complaining about them feeling the need to tack on a multi player mode in a adventure game or a story focused game. Just because MP games are popular and they can get more money from micro transactions.

TLOU doesn’t need mp, that game isn’t about fighting so unless its co-op, it doesn’t make sense. Also I would rather have new story dlc like what the Witcher did, for a game like that.

But OP asked why we ain’t like MP and I gave my reasons. shyt to be honest I think a game like mass effect should of had a co op mode , basically any game where you have a crew should be able to be controlled by a person. And not some mode that isn’t related to the main game
Why does an MP need to be tacked on? That was never the case on TLOU. TLOU does need an online since it had online in the first and a dedicated community. Naughty Dog has been making online games since 2009, so given all of that I don't get your argument.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Why does an MP need to be tacked on? That was never the case on TLOU. TLOU does need an online since it had online in the first and a dedicated community. Naughty Dog has been making online games since 2009, so given all of that I don't get your argument.
I don’t think you want to get it
I know a few people that only want MP but at the same time there are obviously more than a few people that don’t think MP makes the game or is even necessary to spend $60. We play games for different reasons

This thread was asking why people are ok with that and multiple people have provided multiple reasons why. I don’t know what else to say

Last edited:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most are Sony stans.

Sony doesn’t make many multiplayer games.

Stans gotta hate on multiplayer games in order to prop up Sony.

Ask them in the past and TLOU multiplayer was the best shyt out. Better than COD, Gears, Halo, you name it.

Now TLOU won’t have a multiplayer and they are saying that’s a good thing :mjlol:

Disgusting behavior :scust:
The most played mp games are universal what does this have to do with Sony:dwillhuh:

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
Single player games are:russell:

Multiplayer is where it’s at friends.

Sp games bore the living shyt outta me:picard:

Rockstar games the only ones who get a pass from me and that’s cause they got codes and unlimited fukkery

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
Single player games are homework and chores

fukk outta here

Then in MP games it’s nothing to complete
You get in and out without having to finish something later.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:yeshrug: I'm down with both. When I want to beat on somebody, I'll play a mp. When I want progression, I'll play a SG. I don't think I know any person who isnt down for a game with good campaign or something competitive.

Last edited:

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
A lot times I play games to escape for a bit, get immersed etc and SP is perfect for that. Dealing with annoying children, toxic communities and cheaters feels too much like real life imo
Folks forget that fukked up energy does travel through all types of communication.
We just ain't around for it these days.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not a “single player purist” but I did kinda grow out of it. I used to be heavy on it in MS, HS, and a little bit of college but I just don’t have the time or desire to devote to that shyt anymore. I’ll play 2k at the homies crib, cop a COD every once in a while, but I used to be on that shyt heavy.

Now I can barely even devote time to finish a story unless I just love the game, and it’s not TOO long.

But I’m not anti MP at all, as long as it doesn’t hinder resources towards a mainly story game.

I see more MP “elitists” than I see SP :yeshrug:

Plus, the way games are monetized now, it seems like you either have to devote a ton of time and effort, spend money, or both if you want the best experience.